1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Need help with Steam

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by referee11, Jan 6, 2015.

1. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Just this week, I was trying to get Steam to see how it works before I try to get SSL on Steam later this month or February. However, I have an E machine ( a VERY old computer), and it always thinks Steam is spyware, and instantly deletes it. I don't wanna have to pay $200+ for a new computer, plus $10 for the game; that is just money I do not have right now. My system runs on Windows Professional 7; I downloaded it into it in Staples a few years back. If anyone has suggestions to what I can do to make Steam work, I will be all ears.
    Thank you.

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Your computer is clearly outdated, would you expect updated softwares to run properly?
    You can try screwing around the security settings, but I think you should get a new computer, few computers cost like $50 if you get them second hand.

3. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

disable firewalls before you download steam, or adjust your firewall settings to allow the program to be able to let steam download

if theyre still problems feel free to contact me via instant message

@referee11

referee11 and Taylor like this.