1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

New game mode idea: Duel!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bencrocker, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Bencrocker

Bencrocker New Born (1) Member

Duel

This game mode would be 1v1 (could be more but might get complicated) where the game picks at random 20 versions of weapons which both players have unlocked (If one was level 90 and one was level 2, laser beam could not come up) and players must take it in turns each picking a weapon and then the game would start and you would then compete in a 10 turn game (could be increased) to see who can get the most points with the weapons you have just chosen. It would be a more "fair" game mode as you are each given the same selection of weapons and it isn't a case of the person with less skill might lose if he is given worse weapons and it would just be something a bit different and a change to the normal!

Right now there are only the 2 basic game modes which can be for 1v1, and seeing as the majority of game are 1v1 I think there should definitely be another mode for that (Like this xP)

But it might be fairer for the game to pick a random 20 weapon tiers and then the weapon is selected based on the player's luck to allow the luck stat to help more than just getting things out of boxes.

xXTacocubesXx and Penguin like this.
  2. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

luck actually gives chance to get maxed tiers,at least kyle said that but to be honest he may lied about this.i had different times with different luck and i think that luck or not it s basicly the same thing :/

3. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Sounds like a good idea... but i'd go very extremist in this and make the weps both players get ecxatly the same. This way only skill and how the players seize their opportunities that will display the victorious one.

bobbb7 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  4. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I like this idea. Sometimes I like to make another steam profile and jump in the multiplayer at lvl 1 just for amusement. It's amusing coming in with no upgrades, limited arsenal. You can't climb hills so you're more likely to be forced to make difficult shots. And people think you're a hacker! It's a surprisingly fun challenge. It would be so cool to have some sort of pure mode. You're temporarily stripped of upgrades and probably shop weapons, and you have a lvl 1 arsenal. A mode where level means nothing. It's all about skill. Making every shot count. Maybe it doesn't need to be a mode, maybe it could just be a general game option!

bobbb7, Taylor and Penguin like this.
  5. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

yhea but lets keep it a mode i like to be a high lvl with all weaps and stuff :p but yes this mode is needed i wouldn t play any tournament the game is so unfair who gots heavyh napalm and dual with some x2s won

6. Lemondude617

Lemondude617 Private E-1 (2) Member

This may be helpful for low levels to jump into the multiplayer experience a little earlier.

Maybe rules like this can be implemented on a larger scale (more than 1v1). :)

And yeah I agree with Beagle on the tourneys.

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  7. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

Not bad. I had a similar idea but I called mine "quick draw." But I feel there should be like a 5 second time limit or something. Duels were were usually settled rather quickly

8. Bencrocker

Bencrocker New Born (1) Member

Sorry I completely forgot that I made this thread, was just strolling around the forums and found it!

Thanks for the support! I agree Beagle, it would be fairer for tournaments to use the mode which purely relies on skills as each person gets equal opportunity with weapons.
    Also Johann, that could be fun too but I think it would be varied if there could be 20 weps and then you each choose 10 of them, as it would be fun to be strategic on which you choose and having different weapons each, but it would also be quite cool to both have the exact same arsenal like you said and see who uses them better. :p
    Yes lemon me too but with like 8 people there would have to be 80 weapons to pick and it would probably take forever but it would definitely be a lot of fun!
    Aztec chief that would be super annoying lol, maybe make it so people can change the time to 5 seconds in the game like they can change it to 30 for a much higher xp rate or something but forcing players to do that to be able to play a certain mode would be irritating!