1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

New Game Mode: Rush

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ruleaus, Jul 7, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this added to the game?

1. Yes, the first way.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, the second way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, neither way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ruleaus

Ruleaus Private E-2 (3) Member

In this fast-paced game mode, players will have to think and act quickly to defeat their opponents. It changes the game's mechanics quite a bit, so I'm not sure how doable it is. However, I'm pretty sure it would be really fun if implemented the right way.

1st way...
    Specifics:

• Can be played in teams or as a free-for-all.
    • No turns or turn times. Players act freely, in no specific order, to destroy other players. In other words, everyone can shoot at their own pace and at any time. It's a rush to quickly finish your opponents. You can take slower, calculated shots, or fire a barrage of attacks in a very short period of time.
    • Since there are no turns or turn times, this is more real-time combat, meaning tanks can be shot at and shoot while moving.
    • You may be thinking that this creates a problem with fuel and that, since everyone moves freely, everyone must have unlimited fuel. Well, that could be the case, but I don't want to negate individual fuel stats, so I'd suggest something else. There should be a system of fuel replenishment. There are a few ways to do this. For example, fuel packages could drop at random. Or, everyone's fuel could replenish to full in cycles, with each cycle being after everyone has taken a shot, and then repeating. Another way to do it is to have a timer which, when the allotted time reaches zero. everyone's fuel is replenished. I don't know exactly the best way to do it, but I just think everyone shouldn't have unlimited fuel.
    2nd way...DELETED

So, as you can see, there's a lot to think about with this game mode and how it affects game play. Let me know what you think below and/or by voting.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Spur Kee

Spur Kee Private E-1 (2) Member

The first idea sounds a bit interesting. How would weapons be replenished though? Since there are no turns would you get weapons after a specific amount of time passes? If you run out of weapons would you need to wait or try to get a crate?

3. Ruleaus

Ruleaus Private E-2 (3) Member

That's a tough one to answer. Like fuel replenishment, there are different ways to do it such as you mentioned. You could simply get a whole new set of weapons once you've run out without any waiting, or with a wait time. Or, it might be a good idea to have fuel and weapon crates drop at random to replenish both. Another way could be that players have an unlimited amount of weapons that replenish instantly, but you only get one at a time. I'm really not sure what the best way is. It's hard to tell without actually being able to test it out.

Oh, and forget my 2nd way of this. I thought about it more and realized that way doesn't work at all. It's no good, but since I can't edit the poll, I'll leave it there.