1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Petition.

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Black Widow, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Yes, there could still be cheating even if they were removed but still if would definitely lower the chances of any hacking if there's no goal to go for, and for those who continue to try and cheat would be banned perhaps?

2. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

well get them signed up on forum :D

or have forum account as part of registering for ssl2

3. Chard

Chard Corporal (5) Member

So basically do what Google did with Google+ and Youtube. So the evil plan begins...

Towel likes this.
  4. Towel

Towel look mom i have a custom title Former Moderator

Haha, very good point.

But don't you think if tournament scoring became a thing, it would end up being something built into the game rather than something run by a few people on this measly forum?

5. DieTime

DieTime Corporal (5) Member

Sign me up for the petition... either way people are gonna cheat, now that they know how
    I guess its just better that they arent rewarded for it

Black Widow likes this.
  6. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

I would just add option to see how much XP have you earned by deluxe, and how much without it..

7. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

i think a good option would be to have a profile for each player that everyone can see and thier xp is on there. so not necissaraly a LB but you can view others xp.

TheOnlyGod likes this.
  8. metyatuyo

metyatuyo New Born (1) Member

9. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I think having the leader board doesn't really matter cause people will cheat if they want to cheat.

10. Romans116

Romans116 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I think the whole stink about it is that people don't want the cheaters to be famous and rewarded by a leaderboard.

11. Chard

The only other idea I had was a "rated games" type thing, where you played players and gained/lost rating based off of their rating vs your rating.

Such as, a player with 10000 rating vs a player with 3, the player with 10k would get almost nothing for winning, but if the 3 player won, they would get a tremendous boost to rating.

So if you spam killed a multiple account, you would kill its own rating, thus making your countless victories against it almost useless as far as points concerned. Players could still just make more accounts, but the cheating (I certainly consider it cheating) would be slowed.

12. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

or just remove the leader board... o_o

Romans116 likes this.
  13. Chard

Well, yes, lol. I was thinking along the lines of alternative leader boards.

14. Black Widow

Brought back from the grave and unlocked for current problems regarding the leaderboard. If you feel the leaderboard should be taken down please do say so that Kyle may hopefully see.
    Edit: This has become worse than it was in the past it's not just one person cheating it's multiple people and they are showing others how to do it only for the leaderboard this is absurd and it makes the leaderboard completely useless to have. That extra tab after removing the leaderboard can be used for something actually useful like a clans tab if they do exist in game near the future.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  15. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

I have always earned my XP legitimately and used the leader board as a personal goal in my game play as another form of competition. However, if it's being abused by players who hack their XP as a dishonest way to move up, then I support the leader board to be removed. For every good thing, there is an equal or greater evil. Sadly, it's a shame for the honest players who would reference the leader board in the way it was intended. Unfortunately, I say get rid of it.

16. Black Widow

I understand your feelings Mr Bach, It's a shame for many people who had legitimate xp for their hard work to be for nothing. But because of other people, those who are working hard to get on the leaderboard their effort's are in vain because others are choosing the easy path and cheating to get to a place on there rather than doing it honestly.

Mr Synikal and serbia98 like this.
  17. MJako

MJako Corporal (5) Member

I agree that the leaderboard should be removed. It is a good idea somehow, but there went something wrong. And I just dont like it

jpcas, Mr Synikal and Black Widow like this.
  18. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

I agree it should be removed.
    But I never understood why a XP leaderboard even exists in the first place. Why do people even want to be on it considering it gives 0 in game advantage and XP seems quite a boring statistic to me?
    Maybe win rate/dmg/accuracy etc.. leaderboard/record list would be better idea but without any control people will still manipulate it.
    I'd say just add some stats visible to the player only.

MJako and Mr Synikal like this.
  19. Black Widow

People like to see their name up there as high as possible and hope for people to give them compliments about it. I think this is natural in any leaderboard in any game, that's why people would go as far as to use programs to get there.

mega n00b and mich3l3 like this.
  20. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I virtually sign this petition.

serbia98, Mr Synikal and Black Widow like this.
  21. Wεkτllyoµ21

Wεkτllyoµ21 Unconfirmed Member

Off topic: well idk how this got me an alert.....
    And I agree, the leaderboards should be taken down....
    Just hope ssl2 can't be hackable like ssl1 or ssl2 would've gone crazy.
    Also people just teaching other people to get the highest score or whatever should be banned.
    Well TOG, sry but this points to you too......because three months ago you spread it, no I'm not here to harass tog but srsly why? let me guess everybody wanted to find the answers of how you got 777,000 in a week.
    Bye.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  22. Gamemaster22

Gamemaster22 Sergeant (7) Member

i would see why some people would want to take off the leader board for many reasons but i see the leader board as a challenge for newcomers of Shellshock live 2 and would like it to be there but i agree with the fact it should be on accuracy and everything else except for win rate because if a person has just made an account could have many wins so that there win rate would be good and would seem unfair to some people who have been playing who have grown up with the game would have a low win rate because the huge amounts of games they have played but instead make it also on how many battles the person has done but to make it fair it would record 0 for everyone until they log in and play, remember kyle wanted more people to play the game so people who play would have a personal challenge to play as many games as possible but the person MUST complete the game for it to count so quitting wouldn't be marked or when all the enemy team members quit so people who want to cheat the game by making dummy accounts and make them quit etc. so if it was a 3 VS. 3 at least 1 person on each team would make it count.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  23. Kendall&Grace

Kendall&Grace Captain (17) Member

NO LEADERBOARD!! I despise it, as I care nothing 4 it due 2 the cheaters....

24. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Let the cheaters get to the top. They will lose all their "hard earned" respect when other players see how little skill these "top players" possess. I say just let them bluff their way up. They will get destroyed by real players in a real game because they do not know how to shoot. I will gladly look forward to the day of humiliation when they try playing real games dictated by skill.

Hells Fury and serbia98 like this.
  25. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I completely agree with this petition. This leaderboard has just made people 1 vs 1 low people kust for a temporary title. Better off without it.

darklegion741 and serbia98 like this.