1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Python

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Gambit, May 3, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I've seen it 2 times and sorta works like a worm. Seems cool but random, but enough for me to want to prestige 2 more times.

2. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

It is pretty good sometimes. I've even had a 1 shot 1 kill game with it. Had 4 or 5 times it did 180 to 240 damage in games also. Also had about 20 times that it did 78 or less. A lot around 36 damage. When it's good though, it's really good. I still need to try it out on a 6 player FFA. I only do 1 or 2 team games a month at most so I won't be trying it in those lol.

Taylor likes this.
  3. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Haven't reached prestige 6 yet, but seems like a fun weap. Some talking about ultra weaps doing damage greater than the old Seagull, I just want an Eq/Flattener that flattens the whole field.:p

Taylor likes this.
  4. serbia98

serbia98 Sergeant (7) Member

4lEa8hx.png Muahahahahha!

5. newcastle529

newcastle529 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I have tried to get high score with python against bot today and got 330 damage with it.
    And lower score was around 50 damage =) python.png

6. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

the old seagull could do like 4000-5000 on a stack game. how much could python could do with x2 and two people near each other i'm curious about that

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Sergeant Major (12) Member

4000-5000 with any wep in stackgame is and was impossible even with x2.

Erile likes this.
  8. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

oh i meant 2000-3000 haha oops i'm tired well anyways it used to do 462 with seagull per tank

9. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Think of the old seagull with a x2 in a stack with shield. ._.

10. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

I just tried to count how many times python explodes. Almost suree its 30. Thats 420 dmg max at lvl 5 without crit or x2 on single person.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  11. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

That sucks crap, then we have to at least get 15 hits for 200+ damage? pffft, at least it had a pattern

12. Oortcloud

Oortcloud Corporal (5) Member

Python is, by far, the worst prestige weapon you can get. There are only 2 ways that you can score with it and both *require* an exorbitant amount of luck. It either needs to get on an enemy tank and just stay there, or get on an enemy tank and have enough ground below it to go straight down. Anything else either yields a complete miss or ends up with it moving its way over a friendly tank.

At this point I've probably fired it about 20 times. 1 time it did massive damage by landing right on a tank and digging straight down. 2 other times it landed on the enemy tank, then crossed about the distance of a holy bomb radius and planted itself on a friendly tank. All the rest ended up with it going above the tanks, off screen or just off into the dirt for no other damage.

I haven't noticed any change in its movement by power or angle.

Frankly, about the only time this weap would be serve to require any skill at all is by hoping you get the right circumstances of a closely packed enemy on thick ground. And even then if it moved up it would prove to be useless.

Prestige weapons should have at least *some* reasonable way in which the player can actually apply some skill to it. I can think of several ways in which it would still have that random based movement pattern, yet a good player could still apply some skill. For one, give it a turn radius that is equal to its flight time or the complexity in which it was fired (using bumbers as an example) plus how close its initial impact is to an enemy tank. When it moved in the ground it could randomly choose to turn right or left, but the amount it turn would be effected by that turn radius and it would seek to turn towards the closest enemy tank. If you are lucky then it would attempt to turn more times in one direction than the other to allow it to backtrack and that would be more effective with a higher turn radius from a long shot using bumpers. If you are unlucky then an equal amount of turns to the right or left would just have it wander pretty much away from that tank (until it got closer to another enemy tank and then that tank would become its pivot point).

Throw in an inverse effect for the amount o power used to shoot it. The softer you shoot it the better it turns. That would create a tricky balance of getting it to go far and bounce and land accurately on/near an enemy tank while at the same time doing it by firing as softly as possible.

Anyway. I personally think the weapon sucks as a prestige weapon for players. Prestige weapons should offer high point scores *when fired correctly* and not just be a fire and forget nuke type weapon. But certainly not be a "hope like hell it works" type of weapon like the chancer.

13. serbia98

Umm... python 260.png python 280.png python 286.png python 322.png python 336.png

14. Oortcloud

And how many times did you have to shoot it before it actually provided a decent hit? I didn't say that it couldn't do damage, my point was the reliance on the luck to get a hit was what made it suck. The count of your items between images indicates these were not consecutive uses but just a collection of good hits over time.

15. serbia98

Well the 280 one was the latest, I got it couple minutes after I read this post.
    I've only posted these screenshots because they were my records at some point. I still get a decent amount of 100+ dmg Pythons, I just don't take those screenshots because it's not a record and it doesn't mean anything to me.
    You say that Python shouldn't be based on luck. Well, don't you think that it would be overpowered if it did 200+ dmg every other shot?
    I admit, I hated Python at first, but now I think it's a creative wep and it's kinda fun. Not like Mega Nuke - impossible to miss and you always get at least 140 pts. Nah, it's too easy.

darklegion741, buyingtime and arvidh like this.
  16. drake28034

drake28034 Private E-2 (3) Member

Yes it can travel through air, at the bottom of the map it will go out of screen and be completely useless, and by the barriers once it's damaging terrain it can slither out of the map there is nothing stopping it

17. serbia98

Buyingtime has already answered that. Screenshot_2.png

18. Oortcloud

I haven't gotten it much since this discussion started, but have been considering ways to increase its effectiveness (when to use it). I still don't care for the heavy randomness around it or how precision goes out the window as its just as likely to slaughter a nearby teammate as much as the enemy you aim it at regardless of how well you aim it.

19. serbia98

After Firestorm, Tsunami, Mega Nuke, Pyrotechnics and Excavation, it was time to get a weapon that is based on luck, but it still can be very OP. All those high damage Pythons I posted were made without x2 and all of them on one tank only. Maybe you noticed that I used those Pythons in 1st or 2nd turn, because then the enemy's high on terrain.

20. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

So we have Fire, Water, Nuclear, Firework, Digger and Snake prestige weapons. Let me guess the remaining prestige weapons.
    1)Tunneler prestige weapon
    2)Ghost prestige weapon
    3)Terraformer prestige weapon
    4)Nature prestige weapon (Blossom, Sprouter are in the nature class)

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    serbia98 likes this.
  21. serbia98

We also have a digging weapon, Excavation.

darklegion741 likes this.
  22. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I must have edited that while you were typing. I have described Excavation as Ground class but Digger class would also work. In fact, I'll edit it once more. :)

serbia98 likes this.
  23. serbia98

Oh, my bad :/

24. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

There has been much discussion about python but I think it needs to be said.
    Python is not a prestige weapon but better suited to be part of a weapon pack.

25. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

Sadly, I disagree.

I love Python. It misses sometimes. It comes back to hit you when you shoot it. It goes out of bounds. Yeah, those things are maybe frustrating to see for a prestige wep... But having the chance to do 300+ with a weapon without x2 has such large potential. I don't know... I see the glass as half full on this one. I love seeing it because there is absolutely no way knowing how well it will do... And every single one of us watches it hoping for the 300+, because it is possible- unlike weapon pack weps.

darklegion741 and serbia98 like this.