1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Ruler users

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Cleopatra, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Sergeant Major (12) Member

Its a huge amount of players using rulers now. This kinda takes the fun out of the game. Can something be done about this?

Kinda feels like ssl1 when the hackers took over.

1SHOTNUTT and Awesume like this.
  2. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Not really unless kyle makes a mod for no angles, but other then that we can only out shiny them by defending are selves. That means hiding etc.

Taylor likes this.
  3. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

That will only do so much though. All you would have to do then is just tap your keys to the right degree.

4. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

It's actually quite easy to understand the game's physics. I know exactly how to aim and hit 99% of the time with wind and I use no measurement calculation devices; it's all muscle memory and understanding of physics.

Now while I don't doubt there are people using measurement calculation devices of some sort, I think the majority of this problem stems from the game's physics being easy to solve for. I don't really pay much attention to it though. In the end, when I put on high wind, wager 3 Gears, and make it One Weapon on a random map, that pretty much bursts their bubble unless they're at my level.

JohannZim, xXTacocubesXx and Taylor like this.
  5. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

There are a couple of solutions, but down to the core, it can't change because it is the individuals doing this, and they are using media not even related to the game. People have tangible rulers. We can't send a person out to confiscate the rulers from them, but instead features can be added to the game to deter them:

More skill-based game modes like Rebound would help, any game mode that requires skill instead of aiming full power and bumping a few notches.

Mods are the main way to get rid of it though, there are many mod possibilities that would help including the "No Angle" mod that Awesume said.
    Other mods that would help would be an "Adjusted Gravity" Mod, "Ceiling" Mod, "Rubber" Mod so people can't just hit directly

Another suggestion was by Aevoa, where the sooner you fire your weapon, the more XP you will get for that turn. A lot of the people newer to the rulers (and even some experienced ones) will take time out to mark out there shot and count the measurements. Sometimes this will take all the way until the clock runs out, so if there is incentive to shoot faster, a couple people may choose XP over rulers

NeonEnigma and IrisHeart like this.
  6. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I wonder what amount of these "ruler users" are just simply talking rubbish.

If there were moderators within the game to keep an eye on the activity, it might help.

Taylor likes this.
  7. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

It is very annoying to have this amount of ruler users, not only low levels are using it but some of the high level players do too. Hard to decide who's good and who's not and i don't believe there is something to do about it.

For all the YouTubers, Streamers and even Forumers who made it a thing...Thank you !

Holy2334 likes this.
  8. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Indeed. A ruler can only do so much for you

I guess I don't mind ruler users that much because I feel confident that I can beat most of them without using one myself. I like to set up high wind games for more xp. While you could still theoretically utilize rulers in wind games, most of the actual ruler users probably haven't figured it out yet. Because I pretty much do the same method of aiming as using a ruler whenever using high shots except I use my brain and my mouse instead of a piece of marked paper.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  9. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

personaly i didn'found anyone of this :/ i saw the awfulest shots in history lol i don't think that someone is cheating.

10. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

So far i caught that "twitch/clegger something" using it... apart from him i didnt notice others but im sure there is.

As for solutions... the wind rebound games are doing the deal for me... i love this mode so it was a bonus.

11. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Would suck to be a low level that arcs good without useing a ruler atm...:p
    It's nearly impossible to keep anyone from useing these and now that people can make them with ease, paper or app either one we will never know who is truely good or cheating. Wind and even rebound will soon be corrupted also, wind is just such basic math anyone who can arc and knows how to multiply by 7 and 14 will hit 100%

12. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

Hmmm I don't mind the rulerusers, most of them are lower lvl, suck at using weps that cannot just be arked and still use even with their rulers. My experience with them ist mostly that they start to swear and get agressive when they lose. They keep calling you cheater and hacker and so on... Which is pretty childish and anoying.

In my opinion experienced players will shoot almost as accurate than the rulerusers and will still win at higher lvls because they can also shoot at other kinds than just arking.

JohannZim and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  13. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

I'm pretty motivated when they call me that xD

I thought arcing is spelling arcing

14. 1SHOTNUTT

1SHOTNUTT Private E-1 (2) Member

It's a shame!

15. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i think that it matter only in tournament to don't have anyone of this idiots.Personaly in ssl game play who cares,they must feel great winning like this :confused:

16. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

Taking it as a compliment is fine once or twice, and ofc it depends on the way they tell it. Sometimes its just anoying when you hear it the 5th game in a row. But in general I agree, taking it as a compliment is a good idea! But I don't like beeing falsely accused of something I don't do. Not in my nature :D No idea if it's called "arcing" or "arking", not beein a native speaker :> Not even sure if "ar k/c ing" a real word oO

17. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I wish Kyle would make it so that everytime someone tells for instance: "R U using a ruler!!?????+" it would be automatically transformed into something like "You are such a magnificient person, I worship your superior skills and I surrender my mortal poor soul and body for your eternal service to be used as you see fit".

It is getting ridiculous. One hour or so of playing and been asked at least thrice about it. Soon I will start throwing "Your momma..." punches at them.

[edit]Not to forget that I am not even nearly THAT good. Pfffft.

Oehler likes this.
  18. IrisHeart

IrisHeart Private First Class (4) Member

Wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for tracer or coordinates, only way to fix the ruler problem now is randomize the coordinate scale and get rid of tracer.

19. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

You can aim straight up and know its 90 then could 1 2 3 4 etc :p

20. acets

acets New Born (1) Member

I don't use a ruler, but you don't really need one to be deadly accurate. 4 click system. 1 angle = 4 power (standard weapons), and 4 angle in any direction is the radius of your attack circle.

Solution? Make all weapons have their own power and arch. Or instead of power and angles, make it just angle and then add a power bar that you hit "space" to start and "space to stop".

Other than that, lobby makers can lower the attack timer.