1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Clan Psychology

Discussion in 'Clans' started by DinomanIV, Nov 29, 2013.

1. DinomanIV

DinomanIV Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Clans - another idea made by us. But under that lurkers many psychological facts and other thoughts.

For those who don't want to read much, I will try as much as I can to entertain you while explaining this clan thing.

Well, I always look to the goal of the thing I'm doing, before I am doing it.

[​IMG]

Well, the goal is obviously to win the Clan Battles and the Tournaments [​IMG] . To be the best clan. To beat everyone. But what do you get when you achieve the reached goal? Psychologically it makes you happier for a day and gives you a glitter of glory. But yet beneath that stuff is evil.
    [​IMG]
    That happiness lasts a day, yet you can get way more easier ways to be happier. Read it in some psychological catalogue or search the internet. Watch funny TV programs. Plan stuff. Make a schedule of every week. Come on, do it!
    Glory however, has more evil beneath. Other clan members who care more about those battles don't really like those winnings. They actually write something like ''congrats, wow nice work'' or ''gg Clan Name, good luck'', some even write long texts! We feel like we are greeting and cheering them, but we are just thinking of our clan and thinking about our winnings, our scores, our skill. Yet we aren't so soft how you think.
    Some people set a goal and seek for it, nor they don't know why they are doing it, nor they know anything. I don't understand those people. At least think what stuff will you get after the goal is done. But don't think about it so much, thinking about the goal does makes time slower for you while working. This can make you sad [​IMG] .

But lets stick to the happier side. What does the clan do before the goal? Lets dig in the clan's cycle [​IMG]

The circle animation has 8 parts, which is the clan's progress.

1. First, we need to have a proper name, logo and a unique rank to attract people. But the secret is all about this advertising. In the ''Digital Tanks'' thread I posted this - "This clan may sound perfect, but it is an empty package with huge decorations.''. This kinda means that the advertising is really good, but the skill is nothing.
    [​IMG]

2. You write down all the logo and name ideas.

[​IMG]

3. Now you add stuff to the second task and invite more players, if in the future there will be more clans, this may take few months, but with the first part done well it is easy peasy. The description of the clan must be as much inviting and pleasing as it can be, no matter how mad and unpleasant you are in real life. Advertising is a tough nut!

[​IMG]

4. When you have around 6 players, you can test your players' strength and talk more often with them, become friends [​IMG] ... Yeah right, I came a bit too far.. Make your own board where you have all the important member data.

5. You finally name yourself a proper clan and go to the Clan Battles. Oh and it is time to make a nice signature, but not one that needs more than an hour to create. Then you do the most important part of the progress - compete with others. Every player must be active and well known, because 2v2 games are important. They are harder and they involve a lot of teamwork and team chat. However the part ''any level allowed [​IMG] '' is just a part of advertising that makes more possibilities for more people to join. But that little sentence may show a lot. The skill testing is a good duo with that sentence. That means the person needs to be skillful and the clan just needs skillful players, not more players.

6. The cycle did not end. While the clan, erm, is, with nothing else to do, example - DH now, it must have clan activities. You can create tourneys and other clan stuff not even associated about SSL2! Clanning isn't just nuking in a flat box, it is having fun ... in a flat box!

[​IMG]

7. Do what you wished for, be at least one of the top 3 clans, be proud of it! Win a tournament! Do it! You are a clan! A CLAN!

[​IMG]

Don't be so happy...

8. Live a life.

Post your thoughts below or up in the poll, like if you liked it! Wait... Like likes... Like like like, likes like? Nevermind, more about clans next week right here!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. lava boy

lava boy First Sergeant (11) Member

i read the whole thing and i really liked it <3

bobbb7, Taylor and DinomanIV like this.
  3. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I agree with you on a lot of these points. Most of these are easy you have 2 people making a clan and they both know pretty much what they want their clan makeup to look like. After getting a good amount of quality members and people you have a pretty good group. I feel clans should be more about fun instead of just winning. Wins come and go but people you enjoy playing with are amazing to have. Having a close-nit clan is a good thing to have.

4. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

Wellput dinoman.

An elite clan has many different characteristics which make it up. If it is week in one aspect, its entirety is affected. In order to build a successful clan, one 1st needs a leader, or more leaders to invoke the community.

Without order that which one wants to create will fall. Once a clan is founded, how it’s governed is the next aspect to determine. Will it be a just and equally conducted clan? Such a clan would have votes on all decisions made, therefore if all founders re not in favor of a rule or change to be made, it cannot be implemented. It would also ask its members to come forth with their own ideas and opinions.

It is debatable which approach to leadership is the most successful one; the one stated above, or one run by an individual capable of organized leadership and strength without which the clan would not function at the same caliber. After all, we are merely talking about a flash game... nonetheless.

After one has established their system, they need to advertise their new clan. This is a crucial part because without it you will not acquire members. The efforts needed to do all you can to put your clan out there cannot be reckoned enough; it can make or break a clan.

After you have advertised your clan, you need to determine your clan's recruiting process. I've seen many different ways founders have gone about doing this. Our clan requires that you beat one of the founders in a 1V1 match, and each founder has their own way of trying out the perspective member. I give 3 tries to beat me in a 1v1 30 turn points battle. I've seen other clans have only a level limit or a minimum amount of points acquired in a 1v1. Some clans welcome anyone to join.

Once you have a good amount of members you need to strengthen the relationship you have with your members. this can be done through many activities within the clan, such as civil tournaments, skills training, group discussions on the clan and its progress, and above all, just playing with each-other.

A ranking system is another thing to implement into your clan, it gives members a challenge and motivation to get better, and win. Come up with rank names suited with your clan. There are many categories which can be implemented into the ranking system, from clan battles wins and tournaments, to small clan challenges. And set up how you are going to run this system, some clans use a numerical value, as in an accomplishment gives a certain member a certain amount of points, and in total whomever has the most points is #1. Another way to do it is to have a rank for everything, who has the most clan battles wins? who has the highest xp? and so on. You would then tie everything together to form one ultimate rank.

In my opinion, before you jump right into clan battles, you should wait a few weeks or months so you can gather your clans strengths, find what your members are good at, and who is more reliable then others and build a team that cant be beat.

so those are the major aspects of developing and building a new clan but what makes a clan elite?, what makes it strong? Is it the wins it acquires? Is it the skill of its members? Or community represents? The amount of its members or the devotion of its members? What holds it together? And what does a clan mean to its members?

You tell me...

this is not a form of advertisement for our clan but rather an extension to the discussion, and we have not displayed our clan as superior by this statement but rather these are my thoughts on the ideal clan..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    913, GREGORY PASCHAL, bobbb7 and 2 others like this.
  5. wazooman

wazooman Brigadier General (21) Member

tl;dr. But from what I hear, its good, so... GJ! :D

6. Candor

people many times use internet communities and games such as this to get away from real life, the struggles, the stress and what not, it is a means of sanctuary at times. there are many ways for one to find this sanctuary, whether it be video games, or books or other similar activities. and the relationships one acquires along the line of this, are as valuable as those acquired outside of it. its the sense of anonymity + intimacy that can only be seen in such environment that keeps people wanting to be a part such things. when we talk of clans and clubs or any type of organization, on or off the internet, its human nature to have a need for belonging, people want to be part of something bigger, people want to be needed, they want to contribute to something, devote to something in their life, it gives them meaning, and in fact it does give them a better feeling of themselves as agent put it. people don't play games just for playing it, especially multi-player games. if that was the case one would get bored very easily... i don't play this game solely for playing, i play it more-so for the friends iv'e made here.

7. DinomanIV

Now that truly is an ideal clan... It deserved a like! That's the kinda stuff I like to read. Well put Dec ;)

I will post the second post about clans since a week has expired.

8. DinomanIV

Clans - another idea made by us. To defeat others. But today, right now, I will not speak how to make a perfect clan, but something else.

I will dig through the clan section to find reasons, why clans died.

Today I will be digging through RLA. A clan once reborn. A clan once bin a leader. But what happen?

It was a clan that concentrated on it's site. Now it's blocked. All the secrets of the clans are hidden, but I will search for secrets in the thread.

The clan was dispersing for a point. [​IMG] Reasons? 1. The other clans seemed more active and better and 2. The main creator was not active. What do we learn? Never ever [​IMG] follow the 1st and 2nd examples! My first post on this thread has shown that the advertisement needs to be normal, not too huge, and also it has shown that everyone especially the leaders need to be active! A huge mistake is when you need to leave and you don't inform anyone you are leaving [​IMG] , a lot of people really do it and be really sorry from when they come back, the trip will get really boring while worrying all the time. (If you have a laptop [​IMG] , eh, it's okay). So, RLA was saved by Anthony Stevens and he kinda turned into a leader, but the clan was still really in bad shape. He even made a Facebook page of RLA! Man! Nobody needs it! But the clan went O.K. And I can actually show the reason why RLA went weak, by quoting and translating into readable English this explanation of Anthony Stevens - ''I can explain a lot. The reason we went under is that the original leader of the RLA went missing who is NinjaSwaggy. eventually, since Swaggy was second in command, we set a date for him to come back by. He, unfortunately, wasn't back so we reset the RLA. I got gold rims for the new leaders the day we reset.'' What was wrong? Two things, once again. 1. If you created a clan, man, care about it! Ninja abandoned it! And 2. DON'T CARE TOO MUCH MAN! WHAT THE, WHAT, AH, HE BOUGHT GOLD RIMS FOR ALL LEADERS OF THE CLAN! [​IMG] Waste! It would cost around 300 for the funding system! Now that is a waste! And it died! It died! As Toxic Shock once said on the thread of RLA - '' This clan is focusing mostly on Facebook, I don't think that will work too well. For one thing, Facebook is dead, in my opinion. And that is taking precedence over the forums thread and the website.'' That is the truth, this clan just has no control and it wobbles. It wobbles! [​IMG] It is the most absurd clan I ever investigated! And the only clan I ever investigated! Bornaboss once said on RLA (my translation added) - ''Good luck with your clan! I'm almost lvl 50, but I work alone. P.S. this clan's gonna fail'' It is hilarious, but in another way, true. The only thing I like in the time when RLA needs players, that Anthony never gives up the clan, he spent a week posting - ''Please join RLA!'' Now that's who I call a host! A true patriot of his own clan! Hal0 once said on RLA - ''This. Clan is getting no where....'' The negative comments have reached sky high limits! And then something happened - Anthony said - ''Good news RLA: the RLA now has formed an official alliance with X Tanks'' Now that is part bad news, because if any of these clans fail, two die at once. That's the same what happen, but we will talk about it later. A weak clan allying with another weak clan may sound like a tough nut, but no, it is just a risk. Merging would be a perfect option then. But allying is also really strange. This ally made RLA fade and X Tanks rise. Because Anthony was more likely to ask everyone to join, to update clans, to talk stuff, but Xwing had a point - to battle. But RLA made a new thread, and new hope.

Since the new thread, RLA rised for a little. Got a few members, who have never bin on the forums. I said since they were going well - ''This clan is going surprisingly well, commendable :)''. Anthony replied (my translation added) - ''Somebody FINALLY said this, thank you'', that means the clan was looking a narrow view of themselves. But the clan has rised, was really nice, and was really confident. Players joined, and RLA got ahead of X Tanks.

The RLA was really silent all month. X Tanks died. But actually when I said about the ally - ''Now that is part bad news, because if any of these clans fail, two die at once. That's the same what happen, but we will talk about it later. '' Actually the clan went too good to fade. It exists. But it does nothing. Private messages may prove they are alive, but now - they're gone.

An interesting story about a clan called RLA. This took more than an hour. Thank you if liked it :)

This was - ''Clan investigation : Story of the Rebels''

Next investigation next week. Comment below :)

9. magicpudding

magicpudding Sergeant Major (12) Member

such long posts...

I stopped after @Deception first post :p

but I liked it overall, *deep shtuff hurts meh brain :/*

Candor, Taylor, xXxTnTxXx and 2 others like this.
  10. Candor

As I continue to grow as a clan founder, Communities importance within a clan only strikes me more. The foundation I referred to in previous posts stresses itself fundamentally; It is the glue of the clan, it keeps us together.

If you want a functioning clan you need regular involvement, and devotion to what your clans message is.

Skill does not determine clan quality, that can be acquired, and is probably the easiest to acquire. What does bring forth a long lasting, successful clan is in fact its community involvement and partnership within each other. The correlation is direct. You give a newbie enough guidance, and if they want to improve, they will, and possibly surpass you, I have witnessed it myself...

From my own experience running a clan I can tell you, that starting off, with the standards we had, we were the best, had some of the most skilled clan members, and we're systematic and organized. I myself thought of these aspects to be what makes us strong, ignoring the underlying truth of the matter, that which held us together, even oblivious to our knowledge. That truth was, our foundation, our clan formed way before we even had come up with the idea, for it, being one of the 1st clans it was only inevitable, you can only become so tight until you consider yourself part of something together.

What aspects of community are the most important?
    -Democracy
    -Leadership
    -Support
    -Competition
    -Intimacy
    -Activity
    -Fun

Describe the above in any way you may, the substantiality remains, and connection reigns over all.

11. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

._. i was reading this and for quite a while i was like

ok...psychology clan sounds really interesting...

then it hit me, it isn't a clan LOL

Nightwing and Taylor like this.