1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

[S] New weapon system ideas. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by kChamp, May 9, 2015.

?

What do you think of the new system I described?

1. Good

59.5%
  2. Bad

40.5%
  1. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

A steam user named - requested I post this for him.

" I don't understand why Kyle decreased weapon exp needed to level a weapon, for weapons that have only 2 tiers.

Think about it ...

Well, I thought that Kyle decreased exp needed because of the new weapon tier system.
    Because you can sometimes get Tier 1 instead of Tier 2 or 3, which is less exp but it doesn't affect weapons of only 2 tiers at all.
    Which is rather strange, Sharpnel came out with 10k exp needed, now it's 8k something.

Well, Kyle decreased the amount of exp needed to level up weapons for one reason ... the new weapon system.
    However, the new weapon system doesn't affect weapons with only 2 Tiers (2 Tabs) at all.
    For exp only. That is because: If your weapon is Tier 2 (Max) you don't need exp for it anymore, but if your weapon is Tier 1 out of 2, then you'll always get the Tier 1 weapon anyway.
    Shrapnel came out on the exact same day, with 10k exp needed, which seemed fine for how much damage it does, now it's dropped to like 8k for no reason at all.

This random selection of weapons within a tier leaves me feeling disabled.

I don't understand one thing though ...

Why would anyone want to balance a level 20 player with a level 80 player? Isn't that the whole point of being a higher level, and the point of having the level range matching system? It's like playing World of Warcraft and balancing level 85's with level 20's in dueling."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
  2. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

That's a bit biased being as a high level. You see being a high level you have more chances to win against a low level given that you have more tiers unlocked but also given a small chance and not impossible to beat a high level. For me I'm just level 25, when I invite friends that are like 40 levels higher and are versing me I could actually have a shot at winning this with my team and hoping to listen to my theme song (the spy victory music :p). For example, on ssl2, I'm always welcome to shagg's lobby and @Black Widow's, @banna or any other DH members' lobby and they're always P10 lvl 50 or somewhere there. When I'm on their team, I don't want them to think "Great. She's on our team. We're going to lose again." Provided that I'm only P1 lvl 32 or so. But one time in a game I actually got a kill before I had to go forcing a 2v2 match from a 3v3. Or actually in shagg's lobby I won for my team whose lobby is always high prestiged. I always play with them because they're my friends and that they are fun to play with and with some hope that my team can win with me. You see I'm not the only one who is a low level (yeah I admit it) that could win for their team. I don't play for 10 hours straight doing the so called experience points grinding but I still could win. Everyone can win not based on their level. It's all about getting your shots on target and having some luck. So for future high level players that wants to complain that you wasted your time doing that so you could brag, troll, and win all the time, get the hell used to it because now it's getting permanent. Thank you for reading my pain and reading my emotional story.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  3. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This new system is great for new players. But some high level people are still complaining about this system, and some of them frankly hate kChamp's guts right now. I find it apalling how little gratitude and consideration some people show. You may consider reverting back to the old system.

4. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Also, I may add that balancing the game is totally fine. I think both weapon systems felt okay imo. But if you want more new people to play this game, game balance probably isn't of the utmost highest priority, I mean it's still important. But the most important thing is more content. There's not a whole lot of content, but I'm sure kChamp's working on it with the great new gamemodes people have been suggesting.