1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

ShellShock Live: ProMod

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cartm4n, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Pretty much, and aye, not like kChamp gonna read or acknowledge any of this, but the chance of something like this or Level Field updates leads to the possibility of truely competitive play, which this game lacks and would be great to have.

Penguin likes this.
  2. Cartm4n

Cartm4n Private E-1 (2) Member

Jesus Christ man, I don't want to be rude but what the F

THIS MOD WOULD HAVE LIKE 10 WEAPONS ALL THE TIME. EVERY ROUND WOULD START WITH THE SAME WEAPONS. LEVEL FIELD GIVES YOU THE SAME WEAPONS BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT EVERY GAME. IN THIS MOD, YOU WOULD GET THE SAME ONES EVERY GAME. IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE LEVEL 1 OR 100, YOU PLAY WITH THE SAME 10 WEAPONS ALL THE TIME IN THIS MOD.

And stop being an asshole. I don't feel like explaining anything to you because you're being a jerk. Couldn't care less if you personally don't understand or like something.

3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

MAN THE LVL FIELD ALREADY GIVES YOU SAME WEAPON NO MATTER IF YOU ARE LVL 1 OR 100 YOU DON'T KNOW THE GAME AND YOUR EXPLANATIONS ARE CONFUSING FOR THAT REASON.

Just remove pure/semi luck based weapons and that is fine.Everybody would have same chance to win don't need all that.why should you play every game with same weapons?It would be boring.The important thing is that everybody gets the same weapon of his opponent but getting same weapons every game isn't fun and i don't find the logic behind this.Explain me without beeing angry for no reason thx

getting angry for something that would never get in game is quite ridicoulous(not saying it is a bad idea but Kchamp will never see it)

note: if you act like that with everyone that doesn't understand or isn't agree with your ideas and try to explain that then quit the forum or you get banned.I didn't insult you and your explanation is confusing that is a fact.With confusing i mean that you don't explain the reasons of what you say.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  4. Cartm4n

Oh wow, this is pointless.

I did not get angry that you did not agree with me, and I don't act like that with anyone who doesn't agree with me. You're just being a jerk, and you know it.
    Lets try this one last time...

Let's say that if you are lvl 15 and start a game of Level Field against lvl 60 you get a mixed bowl of fruits. Every game there are DIFFERENT kinds of fruit in that bowl. Right?
    So every bowl of fruit you get contains DIFFERENT SET OF WEAPONS at the start of the round.

-----------LEVEL FIELD--------------

So you (L15) start a game with L60 guy and in both of your bowls are following types of fruit:

1 × apple
    2 × peach
    1 × pear
    4 × strawberry

***YOU BOTH GET THIS SAME FRUITS IN YOUR BOWL. THIS APPLIES FOR EVERY PLAYER IN YOUR CURRENT GAME OF LF. YOU ALL GET THIS LIST***

But now you finished the game and start a new one with a different opponent. You get:

3 × strawberry
    2× apple
    2 × orange
    4 × lemon
    1 × kiwi

***AGAIN, YOU ALL SHARE THE SAME FRUITS. EVERYONE HAS THE SAME FRUITS IN THEIR BOWL AT THE START OF THE GAME***

-----------LEVEL FIELD--------------

Right?

In this mod I suggested you would start a game and you and your opponent (who is lets say 40 levels lower OR higher than you, doesn't matter. He also has different weapons unlocked in normal game) would get:

1 × apple
    3 × strawberry
    2 × pear
    1 × lemon

So now you finished the game and start another one with a different opponent (who's level is also much different than yours, and has different weapons unlocked in normal game). You and your opponent both get

1 × apple
    3 × strawberry
    2 × pear
    1 × lemon

You finish this one... And want to play some more. You find yourself another opponent (I assume now you get that level and unlocked weapons do not matter) and you ONCE AGAIN get

1 × apple
    3 × strawberry
    2 × pear
    1 × lemon

Do you see now what I'm talking about? No matter how many rounds you play, or what level are you, or what weapons you have unlocked you will only get to play with 1 × apple, 3 × strawberry, 2 × pear and 1 × lemon. Without items, upgrades and whatnot.

Do you understand now?

5. Cartm4n

Why? Because I want to. Why should you care about this when you don't like the idea? Why should anyone explain their selves to you because of liking this idea? It would not be boring to me or anyone interested in this and wants to play it. You do realize that you have the option to play or not to play this mod right?
    You are talking like you would BE FORCED to play this mod, and that your opinion is a fact.
    You are reacting to this like the whole game will be changed to this mod only. What the hell do you care if you already have the mods you want and like to play?

What does it matter to you if there is a mod where you shoot dicks around for no reason? If someone likes is, he or she will play it.
    You should not have attitude like this and state your opinions like they are a fact on something that you are not being forced to do. NO ONE likes people like this.

6. Tavi

Calm down please, both of you.

As for boring, can always play something else if you believe so. There's still other modes.

If I were in a competitive mood, this is what I'd play. I wouldn't care about weapons being the same every time, I'd care about winning.
    This works well with anything competitive. Tournaments/Clan Tours could have... level ground. Eh, eh? ehh..
    (seriously though, gives lower levelled clans a reason to join clan tours, js)

banna and Cartm4n like this.
  7. Penguin

• Insulting a member.
    a game mode cost effort from developper that already have much more important things to do so if there are no reason to make the mode don't make it.

clap clap for moderators that let people thorw shit for no reasons with insult and don't do anything,you are very usefull (thx to tavi for help) mods if you sent him a message with forum rules sorry for what I said

and I don't need to calm down cause i didn't insult anyone in any way,he suggested something useless for the game and i explained it to him without beeing a jerk.However fuck you majin bu cause in this forum you probably can say that without any prob.I repeat majin bu if you don't like to talk with someone that have different ideas than yours:
    -quit the forum
    -stay or don't make threads/don't allow any answer to a possible thread
    I did much more intense debate on different opinion with people like refree,tavi ecc without the use of bad words(from both parts) and I actually learned some things from those discussions

Tavi likes this.
  8. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Either way, this idea wouldn't get added for 2 very simple reasons,
    1. There is already a mod like it, and Kyle wouldn't add another like it most likely.
    2. Kyle is in a box of his own and doesn't accept good or bad opinions, thoughts or ideas from the community.

Penguin and Tavi like this.
  9. Cartm4n

Man, whatever. How typical, someone (in this case you) throws shit and is being a smartass, yet denies that and pretends to be an innocent baby.
    Ohhh how sweet of you to be worried for developers and their job. Kiss- ass.

I'm sorry for people that got into any kind "more intense" debate with you, and this shall be my last post to you.

10. Penguin

YES.

"if you wanna make another post to show your very high IQ" can you tell me where i acted bad?EVERYONE or 90% of people said this mode is = or 99% = to lvl field and I tryied to explain you that without saying you are an asshole or a jerk.If most of the people aren't agree with you then the problem is yours not mine...........My only fault is trying to explain something to someone like you

11. Penguin

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1: i never see him and he never see forum won't read that message
    2: Making people work for nothing is kiss ass?
    3: We need like 500 hours of his work to have SSL decent and we should waste this time with that mode?
    4: he is already taking a big break from working on SSL that makes point 3 way stronger

everyone in that forum can say that your sentence is absolute garbage and they probably lolled hard reading those words

you are a lvl 16 i mean you played 3 mins the game so don't Talk about you what you don't know

12. Tavi

Both of you have made this about yourselves. Smh. Personal thoughts about each other should be kept to pm's, not be public drama.
    It was a legitimate idea with possibilities for future improvements and evolving the game into something more. Even if it's similar to something already implemented, that doesn't damage it.
    Now this'll likely just be locked or deleted.

13. Penguin

Both is wrong,He started to talk about me when i talked about his mode i didn't say anything bad to him just wanted explanation and he gave me an explanation that was rich of insults.I know i look like a kid reacting like that but those internet lions are wrost.I suggest moderators to close this thread

14. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

1. People won't play this "mod" (a mod is an modification of a root of the settings in the match; so with fixed wind and fixed items this wouldn't be a mod) since u get the same weapons each match aka too repetitive as it is
    2. Kyle won't add this
    3. Almost every fps mod and/or game mode won't work in this game
    4. And as the topic of this thread said u can pick weapons. I'll pick smartsnipe, mega nuke, nuke, pyro, heavy napalm, master beam, sunflowers, cosmic rift...
    5. People would use rulers cuz yea "level field" style

15. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Please calm down everyone. In the case that a forum member believes someone is being out of line, the best course of action is to report them so the staff can take care of it. I've settled this situation for now, hopefully... If anyone else has a problem with a user, I'd appreciate if it were taken care of outside of the forum.

~ BW

Tavi likes this.