1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Someone posing as Kyle

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by faaarkwit, Jul 12, 2016.

1. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

There was this guy, a lvl 94 player, posing as KChamp, his nick being K\rChamp.
    When I arrived he was promising "free godrays to second place".
    I said it's fake and based on other players' reactions they really thought it was Kyle. This guy started defending himself saying there's nobody called KChamp.

Probably nothing can be done, but just a heads up if anyone happens to see him.

Attached Files:

Tugdil and GooodHerb like this.
  2. faaarkwit

Attached Files:

Tugdil likes this.
  3. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

well the really kyle has a KC as his avatar
    EDIT: oh rip then

4. faaarkwit

This guy has same avatar and the name is almost the same, thus making people think it is him.

5. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

• Double post.
    Sigh, people are so gullible. I don't know if he was defacing him, but there's a good chance he's just a troll, and may have even made kChamp seem better than he is. He may be the sole reason everyone hasn't left yet. Because people believe the developer is going around playing with people, it may give them hope for the game's future. As long as he isn't defacing kChamp and making him seem really bad or something, I couldn't care less. If you go to kChamp's real profile, it's public, while his is private.

tldr: On the condition he isn't hurting kChamp by saying stuff in chat that isn't appropriate, why is this an issue? He's saving the game, not making it worse.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but what's the problem? As I mentioned, people think he actually cares about the community now. In reality, he hasn't posted anywhere in MONTHS. As long as he isn't saying things which are actually hurtful, I see no problem with this. It's fine to report him, as it breaks Steam rules, but having a troll which fools people into thinking kChamp cares is absolutely fantastic.
    If kChamp actually cared about the community, why wouldn't he have posted on the forums (either one) in the past 6 months. I'm listening.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
    Tugdil, Taylor and Penguin like this.
  6. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

The real one has the DEV clan tag. Everybody else is an imposter.

Tugdil, Taylor, GooodHerb and 3 others like this.
  7. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

We definitely saw this coming, not a big deal, let him feel heroic about it. Who cares.

8. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

he is kchamp maybe?,actually i made a joke some months ago changin my steam profile picture as kchmap one and changed my name in Kchamp but in SSL i was show as player number194039230 ecc.
    ps: I changed my name with something similar like Kyle and joke still gone well :p they really thougth to be able to play with a dev like kchamp xD

Seriously He should give me his account to play SSL so i ll do it for him and let people get some God rays.......I think that it is by far the hardest achivement in any game of any time to get,Kill someone that isn't here looks like impossible challenge

9. referee11

btw this wasn't a double post. The post above mine was deleted, making it seem like it was one. Don't sue me plz. ;-;

10. faaarkwit

He wasn't defacing Kyle, as far as I know, but was telling people how they could get God rays even without winning him. That is only what I was able to see, there could have been more.
    Some players really thought it was the real Kyle and making false promises and whatnot hardly qualifies as "saving the game".

May or may not be a big problem but I do know that if there was someone acting as me, I would not appreciate it at all, even if that person did not have ill intentions.

11. referee11

People have done that before with a capital K instead in the past. People should realize some people are gonna troll and pretend to be the developer. This is the Internet, where anyone can pretend to be anyone without consequences most of the time. I think that if you didn't want the game to go down this path, you should have left before it got all that publicity. A dead game with 5 people does not bring about publicity.

12. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

It's Kyle's mom

Soundless likes this.
  13. faaarkwit

Whatevs. This so called conversation is equally futile as was the arguement with the imposter. Blaaah blaah blaah.

Tavi and Blue Phantom like this.
  14. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Sorry, I'll stop.

Penguin, Tavi and Taylor like this.