1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

SSL medals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i was thinking about introducing medals in SSL!Before explaining this idea please read this thread of goomba:http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/threads/prestige-weapons.12305/

EXPLANATION:
    you would be able to earn 6 SSL medals,1 for every game mode.You will see that it's hard to get this ones.To earn this medals you must have dedication and skills!What would happend when you get one medal?When you come in a game,istead of showing only your lvl and skill rating also medals will be shown!
    How it would look:
    upload_2016-4-17_11-57-58.png
    This medals would unlock prestige version of some weapons,that's why i suggest you to read goomba thread.rewards list:
    -5000 xp each
    -prestige version of some weapons that are realated to the mode you mastered
    -new weapons that are realated to the mode that you mastered
    -Medal icon when you join a game.
    Here all medals explantion!

DEATH MATCH MEDAL:

how to unlock it:
    -win 500 death match games
    -deal 300,000 dmg in death match mode
    -be the mvp 30 times in 4 + players death match games
    -kill 3 tanks in one shot for 20 times

rewards:
    -skull shot prestige version
    -nuke prestige version
    -artillery prestige version
    -death match medal

POINTS MEDAL:

how to unlock it:
    -win 400 points games
    -deal 350,000 dmg in points mode
    -do 2500+ points in a single game for 30 times
    -do 500 + points in one shot for 5 times

rewards:
    -pyrothecnics prestige version
    -dual needler prestige version
    -pin point prestige version
    -points medal

REBOUND MEDAL:

how to unlock it:
    -win 250 rebound games
    -deal 125,000 dmg in rebound mode
    -do 30 double skill shots with bumpers(bumper + portal or + x2)
    -play 10 300 hp rebound games hitting every time

rewards:
    -bouncy ball prestige version(does 200 dmg far range and bounce on screen corners like ssl2)
    -seven bounce prestige version(10 bounce but with x2 bounding power or it wouldn't look good)
    -bound storm prestige version
    -rebound medal

ASSASIN MEDAL:

how to unlock it:
    -win 250 assasin games
    -deal 175,000 dmg in assasin mode
    -assasinate 500 tanks
    -assasinate 2 tanks with one shot for 10 times

rewards:
    -sniper prestige version(super sniper)
    -new weapon: knife------>machete------->chainsaw all this weapon must land correctly or the dmg would be 5 for knife,10 for machete,15 for chain saw.If thems land correctly 50 for knife,65 for machete,90 for chainsaw
    -assasin medal

MARKSMAN MEDAL:

how to unlock it:
    -win 200 marksman games
    -deal 100,000 dmg in that mode
    -reach turn 20 or + at least 30 times
    -reach once turn 30 or + (i know that depends also on the skill of your enemy,i think that kyle should add an AI that never miss target or a singleplayer marksman without any AI so only your skill would matter)

rewards:
    -glock prestige version
    -uzi prestige version
    -m4 prestige version
    -"new weapon" bullseye from ssl2
    -marksman medal

JUGGERNAUT MEDAL:

how to unlock it
    -win 100 juggernaut games
    -deal 70,000 dmg as a normal tank and 30,000 as juggernaut
    -kill 30 juggernauts
    -kill 100 normal tanks as juggernaut

rewards
    -death shadow prestige version
    -new weapon: spiked ball-------->wall breaker: first tier shot a very big spkied ball that does 60 dmg + spike shots shoted randomly,wall breaker: shots even bigger spiked ball,when it touches the ground it doesn't explode immediatly but it destorys it,then it explodes dealing 70 dmg + spike shots
    spike shots are simmilar to fleet ones
    -juggernaut medal

ACHIVEMENTS REALATED:
    -master!: be a master in one mode.Reward: 1000 xp
    -multicultural master: be a master in 3 modes.reward: 2500 xp
    -master of everything: be a master in all modes.reward: galaxy-------->super nova.It would be just a bonus prestige weapon that must be powerfull.
    galaxy: works like ssl2 lvl 1 galaxy
    super nova: shots a blue ball that have same nuke range explosion and does 100 dmg + putting on fire all strike location
    EDIT: it's just a feature to add in the game,i know that there are other prioritys like
    -finishing prestige weapons
    -fixing bugs
    -clan improvements

maybe,since not everyone would get this medals, give 3 tiers of medals
    -bronze: do 1/3 of the things previously said
    -sliver: do 2/3 of the things previously said
    -gold do 3/3 of th things previously said
    rewards would be splited all over this 3 tiers,obviously prestige version of stronger version would stay in gold section

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Medals are a bad idea right now. Not only would it change the organization of the tab as of now, but it also is nowhere near top priority. The game needs to fix tournies, add clan features, etc. before this has a chance.
    Besides, these things are ludicrous. Why not just use the achievements we already have (win 100 games in a mode) to do it? I've only got two of those at lvl 91, so I think it would be fair. And decently possible within a player's attention span to this game.

3. Penguin

about first point: it isn't something we need rigth now....... I mean it's just an idea that would make the game a bit cooler......Even kyle is adding something that game didn't needed like special boxes but it's still something cool to have
    about you are lvl 91 and you have just 1 achivement: yhea but,if there was medals in game,you would probably have done something for this and you would probably have 2/3 now.I think that it would be good beacause now there are 90% death match and 10% rebound only.I think that earning system of medals is fine. beacause people would have to play a bit of every mode bringing way more variety to the game.Maybe to fix that there should be bronze medals,silver mdeals,and gold medals???
    3rd point: it's way different than an achivement,achivements are bonuses something cool to have in a game,medals would be a purpose for a player something that he must do(like a lvl up) and beeing showed to the start of every game i think that it would be a motivation to play more ssl to show your "prestige".then i don't think it really looks like achivements,but something more.Beeing honest i think that you can't even compare this to achivements,achivements are like: win 100 points game reward 100 xp........Kinda sad xd
    note: i don't understand"it would change organiztion to the tab" It would just add this medals like i just like i did(way better looking obviously)and maybe add another slot that shows each medal progress and reward to the tab

4. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

Alright, @Penguin, since march you have created 23 threads on the forums, some of them actually contains a very good ideas and some on the other hand were really unnecessary and not worth creating them. I appreciate you being active on the forums and adding this much to it, i just wish you think things through and see if they are worth creating a whole thread about them or not.

And @referee11, i've noticed that as soon as Penguin creates a thread (specially about new ideas) you waste no time to comment on it mentioning the down sides only of this idea and how bad or unnecessary it is. I do understand that you are free to express your opinions about his ideas and nothing wrong with this, it's just that i'm seeing a pattern here. an honest opinion is always appreciated, but perhaps try to find a good outcome from these threads for a change.

After all you both old members of this forums and clan mates, so there should be any problem here.

Just stuff that i noticed, no harm done and no action will be taken, love ya both.

~Peace

[​IMG]

5. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

This is actually just a coincidence. I respond to other threads as well, it just appears I only reply to Penguin's. This is in part because there are so many of them, but that's unimportant. I comment negatively, rather than positively, so the creator can see some flaws in their idea(s) and adjust them, since some people don't spend time making drafts of threads like I do. By pointing out the weak parts, they can go back and make their idea or opinion stronger. At least, that is what would happen in ideal circumstances. I'm not out to attack Penguin at all, it is just he makes more threads than anyone else, leading to the perception I am attacking him. That is just one major coincidence.

banna likes this.
  6. Penguin

I'm not like: it's been some time i don't post anything on forum let's think about something and post it!. For example i got inspiartion for that thread beacause i reached lvl 100 and now i have no more reasons to play the game,with this medals that would change totaly for me :p(and seeing all this wasted space on room player slot alaways made me nutz xD)

referee11 and banna like this.