1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Steam losing connection = instant kick?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by RRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR, Feb 1, 2018.

1. RRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR

RRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR New Born (1) Member

For whatever reason, steam has been going offline consistantly for SSL only. When that happens, I get immediately kicked from the game, then Steam connects back 5 seconds later. And no, it is not my internet, it is with Steam itself.

1) Why am I immediately getting kicked after I lose connection? Is the SSL server directly hosted by Steam's internet server connection? (May seem stupid to ask, but any other games where my internet does go bad, I stay in game, not being kicked)

2) Any suggestions to fix it aside from reinstalling the game?

Tanks!!

~Kawaii Turtle~

2. PinchyPheo

PinchyPheo Private E-2 (3) Member

it happened to me like 1 year ago, where i would get randomly disconnected and kicked from SSL only. but it was not my internet, seemed like a connection issue happened for like a millisec that made me disconnect and it would just randomly happen throughout the day.
    what i did to fix it was simply just to use a Ethernet cable to my pc instead of wireless, i have not had a disconnect after that.