1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Steam Transition

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Candor, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

Now as we know, Steam SSL is set to launch early 2015, and we have mixed feelings about it. We don't know all the info.

And as a moderator who not only runs a clan, but hosts clan battles, and tournaments through the forums, I can see the transition being a difficult one for some, at least for the first few months. Especially difficult for those participating in what I've tried to offer, and for me, to continue doing so. Given, it will cost some money to start playing, and some will not be going over for that sole reason, and other stem related problem (I've already seen them arise on this forums), I felt the need to bring this topic to light.

I have a few questions for you:
    1. Will you be moving over to SSL steam? If so, will you leave SSL2 behind?
    2. If you run a clan, how do you plan on dealing with the transition process? (some members may not be able to, or chose to stay on SSL2)
    3. Is cross SSL version a possibility? Especially when it comes tournaments and clan battles.

2. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I'm not Kyle but I'm considerably more intelligent when it comes to management so I'll offer what he should do.

1. He should not leave SSL2 behind. If he does, that means he should create SSL3 for Flash. This game makes him a decent amount of money I imagine, and like you said not everyone is going to Steam. I'm one of those people. Moving a game to an entirely new platform is good, so long as you plan to keep supporting the game on the old platform for both the dedicated audience and the money aspect, of course.
    2. Simple, really. Run the clan in both games. If he decides to add a section to this site for a Steam forum, have two threads; one to run the SSL2 clan and one to run the Steam clan. Collectively, you're just one clan, but you play on different platforms. However, if Kyle doesn't do the smart thing, which he usually doesn't, he won't create a new section for SSL Steam nor will he create a new website either. He'll just get rid of this forum and turn it into Steam only. Joy.
    3. If you mean the ability to connect to players on SSL Steam when playing SSL2 and vice versa, I doubt that's possible. SSL Steam has a different layout in many ways, including how to unlock weapons and how many players can play one game. Quite frankly I wouldn't want that, either. Think of all the Americans that are going to play SSL Steam and "troll" it. Joy!

Hopefully Kyle takes things into consideration carefully before making decisions. I would hate to see this forum just get wiped while half of it's regular users don't even switch over to Steam willingly, confined to either making a forum themselves or moving along with the times. But hey, it's Kyle Champ we're talking about here. He'll probably do everything backwards. JOY!!!

3. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

The formation of Syndicate is being developed with the intent to bring a new SSL clan to Steam. However, leaving friends and acquaintances behind in SSL2 is not an option for us. If SSL2 is still made available, I feel I can speak on behalf of all of our members that we will continue to play on SSL2 as well.

While the Leaders of Syndicate are hopeful that all of our members will follow us to Steam, we are prepared to survive any loss of our current line up if they choose not to follow or are unable to follow for any reason. Our current recruiting process lets any prospective member be aware that Syndicate has the intent of going into Steam's clan system so we already have a high rate of keeping current members. But if SSL2 still remains, we still have the opportunity for clan battles on the SSL2 version.

Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but Syndicate will be available for any tournaments or clan battles on both the SSL2 and Steam versions.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Taylor likes this.
  4. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

oh my god this thank you so much someone that understands me

just look at that last sentence hot damn

Edit:

I have Teamviewer. I'll be willing to dedicate some time and fix whatever issues people are having regarding Steam.

jgalloway64 and KingKyd like this.
  5. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

1. Yes, Nein.
    2. If a multi-pack is available during a sale, may get for clan-mates/close friends that can't get it. Will decide on things when I know the actual options available.
    3. My clan-mates too nob to post here, so dunno.

6. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

1. no ( i wanna hew it for free not to pay for flash game). no i will not leave ssl2 ( only if kchamp totaly close ssl2 i will newer play this game agen)

7. Staple

ssl3 is far beyond what flash can handle you chump

if i get a warning because a mod considered that an insult im going to choke

RumMumMario, jgalloway64 and arvidh like this.
  8. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

1. I will play on steam, but I will never leave SSL2. Maybe if kchamp stop updating it, and/or all of you fine people that I've met ingame completely forget about this one.
    2. I don't run one, just participating in one. Read @Mr Bach s post. And then my previous answer.
    3. I don't know what you mean really(?) If players from SSL3 can play with people from the SSL2-universe? That would be nice. More players, more games, more everything.

Taylor likes this.
  9. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

It's nice to see people saying that they will never leave SSl2 even if they move to steam, however the truth is once u move to SSL Steam u will find that there are 2 games to play, one game that u already achieved everything in, and another new/cool game one with more features/updates and alot to achieve, so if u playing for 4 hours, the best case scenario u will play 3 in SSLsteam and only one hour in SSL2. This will go for a week, the next week with more people coming to SSL steam and less active people remains in SSL2 u will lose interest even more... the one hour in SSL2 will be only 30 mins... a month later u will still play SSL2 30 mins but per week not per day, until u finally leave it and stick only to the new/cool/update-able SSL steam, so i give it two months maximum for the ppl who moving to steam to get over SSL2. Just anticipating ofc.

chickadee, aZtec Chief and Staple like this.
  10. Staple

this is what is going to happen in a nutshell

11. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

i dont feel insolted, but how ever you and nobady can sell me ssl2 on steam, like it is gonna be ssl3 this is gonna be same game but whit only more fituris and nothing else.
    i exspect ssl3 will be total difrent game in the future whit some story mode and beyond thet.
    and when real ssl3 comes in the future i will pay 10 bucks for it but for now a big NO.

12. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I'm not going to be on SSL Steam, prolly.

Taylor likes this.
  13. TankFrank

TankFrank Command Sergeant Major (13) Former Moderator

As soon as the game moves to steam I am gonna leave ssl2 and dedicate myself to the steam version.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  14. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

I will not follow kyle and the rest of you to steam for I have found a new love, and cuz I got a mac which steam discriminates against :(

If the forums disappear, see you all in game on ssl2

emilio1973 and Taylor like this.
  15. Staple

i have some in real life friends that use steam on mac

???

16. Tavi

:p[​IMG] :p

( .|. shape for da lulz)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    RumMumMario likes this.
  17. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

I have steam but I have the same problem that some users have

oh for me? Bless your heart, u took a screenshot to prove me wrong.

Taylor likes this.
  18. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

If i can get a new computer of my own before SSL Steam is released then i will join steam and purchase it.

Just about the same answer as the first question, the computer i am using is slow which is why i have not been very active as i used to nor play the game anymore. I am sorry i have not been very active in regards to the Delinquent Hackers clan. As soon as i can get a new computer i will be able to actually get more involved, I will try and take time on both the SSL2 version of the Clan and for those clan members who will be joining Steam for that version i will be active there as well.
    I know some of the other founders are still thinking of it and some may not be crossing over to the Steam version which is sad, but it is their choice of course and some just may not be able to because of the current situation they may be in. But i will try and be active as much as possible on the Steam version on SSL, SSL2, and the Shellshock Live forum. I don't do much else these days anyways so it wouldn't be much of a problem i guess. But i won't be on as much still, even if i get a new computer since I'll be working and trying to juggle other things in my personal life as well.

The last question i can't really answer since i wouldn't personally know anything about a cross platform but if you mean SSL2, and the Steam version. Then i would say that will be impossible seeing as the features of both are different.
    But a cross platform of the Steam version itself then yes it could be. Kyle did say that is what they planned to do.

Taylor likes this.
  19. Tavi

Was more just to point the fact that Steam supports Mac/Linux/PC differently.

RumMumMario, Staple and magicpudding like this.
  20. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I'm in the same sorta situation as Dyna. Once I get my own computer I'll join and be on both.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  21. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

no,if steam cost something and have problems i ll not play....(i m not sure but i understood it may have problems),however i think kchamp will not continue to updeate ssl2,beacause he is too slow to updeate only 1 game(seriuìously prestiges 9 and 10 xD) so i think he can t updeat 2 games,and however if he make for example weapon pack 8 he should make ssl2 version and steam version beacause thems have 2 differents graphics.

22. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

I agree with this. Same thing happen to ssl. Everyone moved over to ssl2 for the most part and left with a mess of a game. Now the part banna missed was this. I paid for shit on ssl. You end up with a game with nothing but hackers which no one wants to go to. Now I have to give up all my shit here and go to some other game where I can play with my friends. I don't like that at all. This makes 3 times now.... I'm not gonna trash the new game because no one really knows what the game is until it comes out. But for god sake, don't leave ssl2 to die.