1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

still level 12 after so many days/weeks... the reason

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by astrofluxy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. astrofluxy

astrofluxy Corporal (5) Member

Yes, this is a heavy critic against a lot of players.

I played a lot of worms like games (really, this is like worms, just with tanks), and i grown up "fast". well, after a few weeks i was halfway there, here it takes forever to reach ANYTHING. in deathmatch its nearly impossible to survive with that many of prestiges (dudes, if you join a game where you see a lot of low levels, leave, its annoying to not stand a chance against you), and points matches are also useless if many people hide behind shields or rage quit because one of their shots missed (how did they even reached a such high level?). however, i dont hide behind my deluxe, so i show my emblem, but seriously... so many matches opened called "PRO´s"... yea, what happens if you join as someone with level 40 or less? Exactly, you get kicked and bam... there isnt even a voting system... instead of a voting system where some peoples vote there exist one single game master who thinks to kick all others... except of one level 1 of course :rolleyes:.

However, after trying a lot of times opening matches with alt´s (YES, I KNOW, ITS FARMING, BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT ANYMORE) i want to play against REAL players now... but instead of joining a match, the server list is empty... for me... just full matches... one free match with egoistic players. join? Nope... open an own one... "Uhh, low level, bye"... exactly, this little text got written after someone joined my match... nice, huh? respect = 0.

after trying to get one account up in SSL1 and cash into my regular account i had to notice every second player is a cheater, and million of matches are opened of the same guy... really nice for someone who begun the game late december 2014. SSL Steam version is coming out soon, and to be honest, also there i expect a lot of trouble with leveling.

So what now? Stop playing a really awesome game and searching for another one instead or do you want to show me i am wrong and want to tell me the positive sides of these egoistic players and a slow leveling? it becomes annoying to get kicked/insulted/playing with cheaters/rage quitters... no offense. Yes, i know the most of you are prestige already, but i dont really care about that.

also, the beginning weapons are pretty useless... im happy if i get lots of Deluxe weapons instead of ~20 damage dealing weapons which rarely hit. o_O however, people with a higher level got one advantage: They have more overall health and more defensive, also they got better weapons, so you stay no chance against them in a deathmatch... a re-balance would be nice to see, but i think i can wait long for this.

Still, the game and it´s system is cool, the tons of weapons awesome and to be honest, the graphics too...

regards ~

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

...But this is not Worms, this is ShellShock Live.

What you're saying is lke 'wtf cant beat super mario 64 i can beat legend of zelda ocarina of time without dyng'

3. astrofluxy

astrofluxy Corporal (5) Member

Yes, of course i want to say it like that... because tree... i think i writed enough that even YOU can understand it. and that it is not worms is obvious, isnt it? of course it is... and again in 3 matches a lot of people rage quitted and insulted... nice, huh?

4. RumMumMario

'mkay, let's see... I numbered each paragraph and am reacting to them in order.
    1. I'm starting to become suspicious about all this. I have just tested using my good old Lv2 account but nobody kicked me. Maybe you're just trying too hard to join the prestige rooms? Also, not so many rooms are for prestige players. I found tons and tons of games with nO0bs as a host. If you still feel bad about it, get some friends over the forums and ask them to play games with you. I'm sure they would be happy to play with you considering you have low armor as you're low level-ed. @serbia98 hue.
    2. What do you expect a game will be after it has been abandoned by the developer? When I cashed in, I only got 20 or 30 tank coins because I did not buy anything in SSL1. Please quit complaining as many players did not, and are/were in almost the same situation as you are in but got themselves coins from box farming. Just wait for SSL3 and you'll most likely be fine as many players will start as freshmen.
    3. ...This is internet, people will insult you and piss you off. It's not only you who's mad about this but everyone, too. If you find this game enjoyable but you have a short-temper, go get some forum buddies to join a game with you, as I said clearly in the first paragraph.
    4. Of course your tank sucks, and that is the point of leveling up and getting new weapons and such! What is the point of leveling system if all the Lv1 weapons deal 6969 damages? By the way, lv1 weapons aren't too bad either. Here let me make a short list; digger, builder, stream, sniper, area strike, flower, air strike, one bounce, fountain, etc. You only gotta hit correctly at the correct timing. And just a few level-ups and you get; three bounce, sprouter, helicopter strike, etc etc! If you think this game is Mr. Impossible without deluxe or weapon packs, then this game isn't right for you. Quit it and move on, instead of bothering all of us with an issue that many has gotten over, including me. By the time you reach Lv30 or 35 you should have enough coins from boxes to get 1 month deluxe which is more than enough to reach prestige 2, or even 3.
    EDIT; my mistake, AC-130 is a premium weapon in SSL2.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    arvidh, Taylor, Tavi and 2 others like this.
  5. paul1999

paul1999 Master Sergeant (10) Member

@Deception I think its time you played him with your deception account :)

6. Goldschlarger

Goldschlarger Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

That's the only problem with starting a game like 2 years after it begain! you are going to find your self at such a low level were your wepons do not match the higher ranking players! I for one always state as my room title " Prestige Players Only" for a simple reason! Because i would much rather the challange of someone of my own skill and wepon level then let low levels in and just kill them within minutes! If you host your own game then you have the power of who stays and plays and who dosen't! Dont come on here judging people on the way they choose who they want to play just because it does not suit you! The way i see it is that iv'e earned my level and skill and there fore have the right to choose who i want to play against! This is all just my opinion of course!!!

paul1999 and Taylor like this.
  7. paul1999

paul1999 Master Sergeant (10) Member

I was gonna say that but I didn't want to type that much :p

Goldschlarger likes this.
  8. StrawTank

StrawTank New Born (1) Member

Create a server designated to low level players.

9. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

@magicpudding Mario just referenced your favorite game ever!!! :D (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)

jgalloway64 likes this.
  10. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

Majora's Mask was better :l It's just so dark it's beautiful. The 3D remake comes out next month =)

Taylor likes this.
  11. RumMumMario

I've always wanted to play the Ocarina thing. I have Nintendo 64, it works perfectly, but depressingly my console is made in Japan so... :(:(:(

12. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

You could always play with me. #noobiestp7ever xD

13. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Geez, most people here are high prestiges who have somewhat forgotten what it's like to start as an ubernoob.

:p @astrofluxy i'm prestige 3 in my main account, but i have a level 8 alt account. if you want, i'm more than happy to play you with either account (you dont mind playing a noob that has prestige skills do you?)

btw i dont understand why you want to challenge superhigh prestiges. when i started i avoided like the plague players more than 10 levels higher than me...and found like you did that many prestige players are stuck up (thanks @Mr. Anonymous etc for changing that perspective for me)

btw the key to getting tc from ssl1 isnt leveling up... try the superrewards :) and so far i havent met many iranian hackers yet. did find out the pass to some ssl1 pub accounts though, maybe they arent cashed in yet.

14. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

I read half your post..anyway, you seem to complain a lot about being low level. Truth is, we've all been there. Sure was easier for me when I started cuz the game were only one week old. But I know people that started to play when prestige existed, and they're already P3 or higher.
    Play with friends, if you have any in game. Or just keep trying, don't give up.
    I kick low levels from TDM only because you're lacking fuel, traction and armor. And because most sucks any way ;p Low levels are a goldmine in pts games though because of their low armor, so I let them be.

If you wanna level quick, play tdm 1v1s, and against players around your own level.

bobbb7 likes this.
  15. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

This is true. I started playing 2 months before the prestige system came out, but wasn't devoted, so I was near level 33 when it came out. Then, I became me. The best way to get good is to do what others have said, as well as play 30 turn matches. Not the best way to get XP, but at least you could actually hang around in one.

16. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

my alt account bought the custom maps, so tell me if you wanna play :) i have two types of extremely flat maps...the 2nd makes it hard to see your aim