1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Suggested changes to juggernaut

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mallard King, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Mallard King

Mallard King Corporal (5) Member

With a new mode comes new problems and issues that need to be ironed out, so here i am to suggest a few changes to maybe balance it out more.

• Hp changes: Right now the hp between players and the juggernaut seem to have no consistent pattern which would make the armor given to the juggernaut op at times. My suggestion is that no matter which amount of hp or the amount of players in a room the player chooses the the non juggernaut tanks combined hp should always equal 50% of the juggernauts normal hp and armor can apply as normal. This would balance out the games more as the juggernaut still has a hp advantage yes, but it would balance itself out due to the fact your going to have 2-7 players firing at you all the time.
    • Exp changes: As it stands right now if your not the juggernaut tank odds are you will not gain that much exp since you are often defeated quite quickly before you get the change to gain any exp and even if you do survive unless you do a large amount of the damage you wont be obtaining much exp and the reward for killing the juggernaut only goes to the play that has killed him, while the juggernaut on the other hand can get the exp for generally killing everyone with the addition of 2-7 kill exp bonuses on top that. My suggestion on how to make the mode worth playing more is take the "jugger-not" kill bonus and instead of only the person that killed the juggernaut getting that bonus make it a bonus that every non juggernaut tank dead or alive gets upon the death of the juggernaut, and instead of the meager 5 exp it gives right now balance it out so its gives 5 exp for every non juggernaut tank playing for example, if it is a 7 vs 1 game and the juggernaut dies every tank dead or alive would receive 35 exp since. 7 x 5= 35

• Friendly fire: Right now its almost impossible to play this mode on a large scale due to that fact the non juggernaut tanks are very likely to shoot each other by mistake going for the juggernaut tank. like assassin mode i believe we should make the non juggernaut tanks only able to damage the juggernaut tank to make the games less chaotic.

• Firing changes: Seven people working together trying not to get in each others way will most often not even be possible due to the fact we do not know what our team mates are going to fire and don't have the time to communicate a strategy between that many people before the timer runs out. I suggest that we should add a little icon that pops up when someone locks in a shot on what a person is firing above the tank preferably the same icons seen to a weapon, it would help players decide on what to use based on what icons they see and again help make the mode less chaotic and its something that can even be applied to any other form of team matches.

2. kChamp

kChamp Developer Developer

Thanks! I don't think the HP can be as simple as (numTanks * tankHP * 2). The reason is that a 7v1 juggernaut take damage at a 7x rate (7 tanks firing at him) and will have to do 7x damage (7 enemies). A 2v1 juggernaut will only take damage at a 2x rate (2 tanks firing at him) and will have to do 2x damage (2 enemies). These two factors multiply eachother in a sense making it a non-linear relationship, but more exponential. I don't know if that made any sense, but it's definitely going to take some tweaking to get this right.

Examples of why (numTanks * tankHP * 2) won't work :
    (Let's assume each tank does 100 damage each turn just to make this easy)

2v1:
    Juggernaut: 400hp
    enemy 1: 100hp
    enemy 2: 100hp
    after turn 1:
    Juggernaut: 200hp
    enemy 1: dead
    after turn 2:
    Juggernaut: 100hp
    enemy 2: dead

Juggernaut wins.

7v1:
    Juggernaut: 1400hp
    enemy 1: 100hp
    enemy 3: 100hp
    enemy 4: 100hp
    enemy 5: 100hp
    enemy 6: 100hp
    enemy 7: 100hp
    after turn 1:
    Juggernaut: 700hp (1400 - 700)
    enemy 1: dead (100 - 100)
    after turn 2:
    Juggernaut: 100hp (700 - 600)
    enemy 2: dead (100 - 100)
    after turn 3:
    Juggernaut: dead (100 - 500)
    enemy 2: dead
    enemy 3: dead (100 - 100)

Juggernaut loses by a ton.

So, it's a little more involved than that.

The other suggestions I like :)

3. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

I did on the first paragraph and should it be based on level not health cuz if a juggernaut is lvl 60 and the rest of 3 players are around 30-40 the juggernaut would win at a high percentage.

4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Then nobody will play it. We can't make the game perfectly balanced, we already discussed about that.

5. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

So that was just a suggestion by Kyle?

6. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I agree with everything except the friendly fire turned off... the jugger is already in disadvantage... not his fault the non juggs are bad at aim.

Holy2334 and arvidh like this.
  7. Mallard King

Mallard King Corporal (5) Member

Sometimes it cant be helped in certain situations like 7 vs 1 where you got everyone all over the map firing at a single target. No matter how good someones aim is there are factors that can even make peoples shots miss and damage a teammate unexpectedly such as people missing or hitting each other due to terrain change due to the other people firing at the same time as yourself in all shot or team shot. The only time where there's arguably no excuse for hitting friendly tanks is during single shot games where everything is much more controlled.

8. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I love the weapon icon idea, but I'm betting my top dollar some people will still just fire a terrain moving shot that will mess up the needler that was clearly shown above someone's tank because, people.

JohannZim and Taylor like this.
  9. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

no really guys upload_2015-6-3_19-23-5.png i mean he was(not offense) a really bad player,just look how much turns for killing 5 peoples with 200 hp and really low armors(and there was 50% of team auto damage beacause all players muffin appart was low level) he was lvl 30 i think if he maxed armor,almost 8000 hp WHAT???? and i repeat he was a really bad player and me and muffinasds heavy hited him many times and he won for 2000 hp AND HE DIDN T HAD ANY ARMOR

i m lvl 81 and i survived all this 24 turns,and i did 1360 damage.for beating this lvl 30 juggernaut(that didn t had armor)was needed 7 lvl 100 with all future prestige weaps

sorry kyle i loved your last updeats and i still love juggernaut mode,but if you wanna put up to 8000 hp to juggernaut 7vs 1 at least put 400 hp for all the rest of players

i hope you understood what i had to say

jgalloway64 and andreiands like this.
  10. JohannZim

With enough experience and brains you can avoid all situations to hit a teamate... just dont risk it. Or you can risk it and face the consequences.

The only reason i can think of being needed... is if the jugg is stacking... but you can easily kick him after the match if thats the case. Btw you can always select individual shot if you think the all-shot is so messy like you said yourself.

So many work to be done for the improvement of the game... it would just be a huge waste of time disabling friendly fire with all these options that solve the "problem".

11. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Well, he just updated it to where friendly fire is disabled, sooo

JohannZim and Holy2334 like this.
  12. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Now, these stats are great and all, but in what scenario does every player have a weapon which does 100+ with more than one weapon? These stats show every player has them every turn of the game. Unless they are all next to each other with Napalms or get tons of x2s, I'm afraid this scenario is once in a lifetime. It doesn't change your results much, but it will take twice as longer if they do 50 each turn, a more reliable estimate. In addition, couldn't they miss? If the juggernaut/player misses, it brings the advantage slightly to the opposing side. I am not on the num*2 strategy either, but we need to make the scenario more realistic.

13. JohannZim

Soooo once again its proven he waste his time with useless/harmfull updates listening just to one or another instead of trying to get the opinion of a majority of the community. Dunno why the rush to make everything so jumpy.

Either way nothing to do anymore... starting to get used to his way of doing things... gonna test the new update tomorrow to see how bad it is/it isnt.