1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Tank Information

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KingKyd, Jul 31, 2014.

1. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hello, everyone. I have another suggestion which, quite simply would be very useful and very easy to implement. I call it "Tank Information."

Have you ever been in a game where the health indication bar just didn't tell you enough in order to help you select the next weapon you want to fire? Or perhaps you forgot who the level 7 and 2nd Prestige level 43 is, and want to know who's who so you can shoot the right person?

Simple fix. Tank Information.

[​IMG]

All you have to do is hover your mouse over someone's tank, and information is displayed above them about their level, Prestige level, HP, and armor. With this little add-on you know who to shoot at, and what to shoot them with to help you win the game.

What do you guys think? Leave some feedback for us!

2. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

I think this idea could work well with the idea suggested before to have in-game avatars displayed above the tanks- of course, optional on both. I could see this being a good thing, and also bad for the high prestige players if teams ganged up on the highest prestige. But that's not a huge deal if you pick your games wisely...

However, I don't like the idea of showing the armor and HP amounts. That's part of the fun of killing somebody! Guessing the amount of armor they have and then shooting a hover-ball for 70 damage when they have 71 armor... hehe, that's when it's fun (and frustrating too!).

3. KingKyd

I see your points, and good points made. But I'd like to note that most of the time when a high ranking Prestige player comes in, the players automatically know who it is because the level startles them. Also, if you want to guess their HP, just don't hover your mouse over their tank! I don't want it to be displayed all the time either, as that would get in the way of shots at some point.

4. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

I also don't mind being able to see the level or prestige level, and I also don't like the idea of seeing the HP and Armor. :)

I consider the non-specific nature of the armor and HP levels to be one of the most important strategic elements of the game. Just like making shots, you have to be able to estimate the right attack for the right situation. I think that knowing the exact HP or Armor removes a huge amount of the strategic challenge and fun from the game.

Taylor, ultra extreme87 and jpcas like this.
  5. KingKyd

I personally find it annoying that I can't pinpoint their health. I mean even so, I am almost always right with the weapon I shoot in order to kill, but still, if there was meant to be no indication then why not remove the indicator altogether?

ultra extreme87 likes this.
  6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I personally don't mind to have this feature enabled. In fact, I'd prefer it this way.

But I'm sure this can take a while until kChamp's decision, this is very debatable.

ultra extreme87 and KingKyd like this.
  7. WereElf

WereElf Private E-1 (2) Member

I like this idea and I've thought about this like a year ago (or 2.. don't remember when ssl 2 came out), but it should also display enemy's defense (and maybe traction levels too) in points games

ultra extreme87 and KingKyd like this.
  8. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

I say remove the leaderboard and just have player profile stats. Put that to a vote!

9. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Great idea and I do like the idea of it working with the avatar idea.

(I'm lazy and at school, I'll add it to the popular suggestions list later :3)

chickadee, Taylor and KingKyd like this.