1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Top 100 Badge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KingKyd, Jul 9, 2014.

1. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hello, everyone.

I've come to you all with a new idea, namely for those of you in the Top 100 leaderboard. This, though, unlike many other ideas, can actually be implemented immediately.

As you all know, I think that us Top 100 players (and Prestige players in general) don't get enough recognition for our accomplishments. So, in order to help compensate, I am going to be offering those of you in the Top 100 a chance to have your own profile badge. If you go to my profile right now, you will see that the lower half of my avatar is a square badge that reads "Top 100: KingKyd." Of course, I am all about convenience, so I'll just show it here:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the badge is in traditional ShellShock Live colors, and is very bright and vibrant. I made this all on my own, and I am offering any Top 100 player the opportunity to have their own as well if they wish.

Answering questions I imagine are already going to be asked right now:

Q: Can you add my Top 100 rank number? A: I would, but considering how often your all's ranks change, that really is more work than it's worth to constantly keep up with, so no.
    Q: Can you change the colors? A: I can, but considering that it would be simpler to just keep them the way they are now and type in your username, I will keep the colors as they are with mine unless there's some special reason that it should be changed.
    Q: Will you add it to my new avatar if I decide I want to change my current one? A: Yes, I will. All I ask is that, if you're someone who changes your avatar frequently (more than once a month), you don't ask me to constantly add it to new avatars. Again, there's already many of you I'm sure will want one, so minimizing the work that has to be done is ideal.
    Q: What if I'm no longer in the Top 100? A: Well, you can still keep it if you want, at least as a reminder that at one point you were in the Top 100. But if you want it removed, go ahead and upload your previous avatar.
    Q: Should I use my forum username or my in-game username? A: The "KingKyd" at the bottom of my own avatar is not there for redundancy. It's there so people know that is also my in-game username. If your forum username differs from your in-game username, I request that you provide it somewhere so I can add that to the badge.
    Q: Are you going to be an egotist and add your own watermark to my badge? A: Nope! I could care less if people knew that I'm the one doing these, so yours will display just like mine does (with your in-game in place of mine, of course).

In case you want information on how this will work, it's quite simple actually. I download your avatar, add the badge, and then give you the new image in a private message here on the forum. When you go to upload your new avatar, make sure to scroll the preview up so only the top half shows when you're posting in threads and whatnot, as highlighted in this image:

[​IMG]

Once you've done that, your Top 100 badge is ready to be proudly displayed! The vibrant colors make the badge pop out so people are sure to see it. It is a bit of a perk of being one of the few ShellShock Live elite, and makes for a nice profile decoration.

So, I guess one question remains, now. Who wants one? :D

2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Really cool idea and very thoughtful/considerate of you to think of the members that have accomplished this feat and have no reward but a name on a leader board to show. I'm sure many would like to have one of these and I hope many do as well. Bravo on all the work you did on this and trying to make the community better through ideas and organized threads. All I have to say is, I wish I was on the leader board but seeing how the back of it changes so often and I don't play tons of games every day, I don't think it'll happen.

jgalloway64 and KingKyd like this.
  3. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

If you work at it, and have just as much of no life as we do, you will get there in no time. Really though, when you think about how much time has been put into one account to get to the Top 100, more than just a name on the leaderboard should be given. An emblem in-game would be nice (as Galloway said to me earlier tonight) but of course that would probably crowd names with Prestige emblems as well.

Taylor likes this.