1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Tournaments Progress

Discussion in 'Announcements & Updates' started by kChamp, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RumMumMario

RumMumMario General of the Army (25) Member

• Off topic.
    #偽善者
    Come on man... Just because he hasn't abandoned the game, that doesn't mean he is a good developer nor the worst developer. You gotta stop kissin' his butt, many already have.
    While I don't care what your thoughts are regards to the community, please don't make yourself seem innocent because you have been a moderately large chunk of the contamination as well. Not the first time you behaved like this. Just sayin', no offense, please don't hurt me.

Time to stop posting on this thread. I have a warning-on-forums-phobia.
    EDIT: TOO LATE

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    SubZero and Mr Synikal like this.
  2. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Staff Member Administrator

Please discontinue going off topic to those who have received a warning. And let's try and stay on topic, thanks.

3. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Second Lieutenant (15) Member

This was the whole basis of my idea, get the official release done so a bigger playerbase will start flooding in. Mario's idea works just as well, but there's also the chance that he's giving away free copies to people who aren't going to be able to play the game due to a variety of reasons

Mr Synikal likes this.
  4. Batgirl

Batgirl Major General (22) Member

How about we give free copies away to people that has steam

5. 15Galaxy15

15Galaxy15 Sergeant Major (12) Member

And for those which computer can handle the game... I bought it, but had to stop cause of that. Even with everythinh low.

Believe or not, there are poor people here. :p

6. RumMumMario

Are you serious? My computer is literally pure potato and can run this game at 20-30FPS (the game is definitely not optimized since I run CS:GO with the same frame rate) Something must be wrong lol, 1.5GHz is like the minimum hertz CPUs have since at least 2006 or something.

7. 15Galaxy15

Well... Mine couldnt handle. Dont know about this one, once it's my mom's and I wont download steam here.

I'm just saying a fact here... That happens. Not to all, but happens.

8. Penguin

Penguin Major (18) Member

here i have my penguin opinion:also if kyle isn't even near to be the "perfect developer" i agree with him:first the game have to be nearly perfect and then you official realase it.like he said the game have more exposure when it's official realased so how can you official realase something that need LOTS of updates to be enjoyable?Forum says that the problem of ssl is low amount of people playing,thats true it's the biggest problem of ssl,But did you wondered why?SSl doesn't have low amounts of players beacause it's not official realased....it doesn't have much players just beacause currently it isn't worth the money that a "new" player would pay or people like me that played the game got borred.
    RESUME: the game don't need official realase to have a large comunity,it just have to be good and enjoyable and actually it isn't.(and it wouldn't for a long time considerating update frequency)

9. smb718

smb718 First Sergeant (11) Member

I had a problem running the game too, despite having a pretty powerful computer. If you have an nvidia graphics card, its default setting is a mode where it's off for everything except games then it turns on. I found that the nvidia control program didn't think ssl was a game and wasn't turning on the graphics card.
    Maybe it's something similar?

10. 15Galaxy15

Nah, at the beginning it was cause of my awful pc... It doesn't even work anymore. (I'm serious, that was terrible).

After a while everytime I tried to enter the game it insisted to show up with a problem, and it wasn't internet connection... I don't remember what error was that, but I wasn't the only one with it. Not the same problem as you had, I'm sure of it...

You know, I used to enter in SSL Steam normally, then it started kicking me out of the games with the massage "error" (just like in ssl2)... Then always when I tried to enter the game the error was already showing up while it was loading... That wasn't internet connection error :p

Anyway, that was what made me stop playing the game, basically (and traction system :p )

But, as I said... It really doesn't matter on just giving away free copies to players that don't have steam (like Batgirl said) or those with bad computers (there are a few players on ssl2 that I know that didn't go to Steam 'cause of that).

11. SubZero

SubZero Master Sergeant (10) Member

Yeah... The tornament should be entertaining for awhile. I'm curious what will keep the mass's busy while he's working on his next update, hopefully more prestige weps? This 1v1 tornament style would be great if, it was clan battles, or gear reward i guess tho i have more gears than i can spend as well as alot of others.

12. RumMumMario

Some stuff you can try here that worked for me a little:

15Galaxy15 likes this.
  13. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Right, back on topic... with a list of questions,

Will there be a way to track wins/see how many other players have won?
    Will the tournaments be on a daily/weekly (preferably daily) schedule or will they be when ever 16 people click the 'tournament' button?
    Will there be a worthwhile reward for winning a tournament?
    Will there be a reason for people whom have already won 1 to keep playing it (besides competitive factor)?
    How long will we have to wait after the release for bugs to be looked at?

And also 2 suggestions..
    1. You should also in future add a league type mode where 8+ players join, they all play each other at least once most wins in the end wins.
    End of league ties decided by a 30 turn points.
    The specific game mode of the tournament must be decided on before hand or let people decide which mode to join?(maybe have choices between 600hp dm, 30 turn points, 300 hp rebound)

2. Maybe this would be a good place to add tank parts, new or different colors to win.
    Or to really make people want to play more I believe there is a weapon skin thread....
    Also maybe have a special tournament once a month(week?) where the winner can have the choice of 1 out of all (or a selected few) of the weapons from that suggestion thread to be the next one added to the game.

Google567 likes this.
  14. referee11

referee11 Captain (17) Member

I don't know why, but I feel the addition of the tournaments isn't for us, but it is for additional advertising purposes. 16 consumers joining and playing in the tournaments, with time zone differences and all, seems unrealistic in its current state. It doesn't seem to really help us out, but I think he's making it to add to what the game has. If the consumers don't like it the way it is, add something else. In this case, it's tournaments. The tournaments are something new consumers would be eager to join. He'd probably add it in the stuff in the Steam shop, putting it towards the top. This, if these is his real intentions, will fail. Turn back now. You aren't going to get new consumers playing games against levels 70+.
    Also, at this point, we might as well call players "consumers" at this point. This game isn't very deep, and Kyle has just been diving into the money which he has made. Tournaments won't help that; they would only increase it. Until we can actually call people who play this game "players" (including myself), this game needs to go back to fundamentals.

Google567 likes this.
  15. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

For me, this would be one of the most important features to have - a tracking system. The addition of a clan tournament leaderboard would be nice as well.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  16. Goomba

Goomba Master Sergeant (10) Member

So yeah. If it will take nearly a month for each consecutive addition to the game, just to add one gameplay mechanic or feature to the game, is it worth getting our hopes up? I mean I can understand that you are one guy attempting to develop a full-fledged game and have a social life on top of it. But you really can hire assistance. You don't have to go through development alone, and it will speed things up, allow more interaction, and generate a more positive community. This community is full of salt, arguments, and indecisive users... Primarily because of a dysfunctional game. Look at the kickstarter project Theme Parkitect, it is a team of three people: one coder, one musician, and one artist. They push weekly updates that bring in a ton of content to their game. For an idea of what a team of 3 can accomplish you can see that here. So it can obviously be done, there is just no motivation or commitment. The ideas are here, but are not being developed.
    This game has an unbelievable amount of potential that is not being acted upon, and the "fans" are growing restless. Some have given up, and many are on the verge. I feel at this point, the game is nothing but let downs, and that this new tournament mode itself will be very lackluster. It will probably go something like this:
    You sign up for a tournament > You are placed in bracket > You play one standard game > "Congrats! You win, move up to the next level! > Until the finals.

The winner, of course, getting a mediocre reward of 100 gears.

Kyle, you basically just need to get priorities, or hire additional staff. Things are falling in ruin at a steady pace and you are doing an exceptional job at ignoring things. As many people have said, it takes 20 seconds to type up replies to people and answer questions, and simply talk. Let the community know what you're doing. 40 minutes worth of replies each day would make the world of a difference. Get more staff, and have each of them communicate with the community, and you get even better feedback. Just saying.
    But yeah. Goomba rant over.

Hells Fury, Mr Synikal and Google567 like this.
  17. RumMumMario

He once said that he cannot afford additional staffs at the moment. But he certainly can hire volunteers, there are tons of them out there who're looking for gaining experience and make themselves more known.

18. Goomba

Goomba Master Sergeant (10) Member

Regardless of the method of getting assistance, nothing is being done in reality. Mistake number one.

I for one would volunteer to help in development, purely for experience and to improve the community. I'm sure many people share this viewpoint, but there is literally nothing that we can do about this. Kinda just have to cross our fingers that Kyle reads the feedback we are presenting.

Google567 likes this.
  19. Google567

Google567 Trolls Beware ^o^ Former Moderator

This sounds like a viable plan considering many in the community possess a number of useful skills that could aid Kyle in a few ways he currently isn't giving the needed attention.
    Also this is a stretch but I know a few that play this game pursuing careers in game development in college right now that could possibly provide at least a helping hand with Kyle directing. This would include those that have experience in coding for other things such as translating like Mostcus volunteered.

These are just options but I know many in this community that would volunteer their time such as you have Goomba to progress this game to where it should be. I mean we all want that sooner than later.

Goomba likes this.
  20. RumMumMario

Volunteers should be picked by people who've known the community the longest, since they are usually the ones who know the members the most. Creating a poll will not work because people will just vote for their best friends - remember how moderators were picked - and kChamp knows nobody in forums, literally. A lot of people here are extreeeeeemely biased so if volunteering is available, it should be picked carefully by non-biased members.

From all the discussions me and Goomba had, I think he'll be pretty good.

21. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

We all know Kyle will never get help. This gaming development thing is his own little world. It seems like just a side project him working on it part time while a lot of us are playing full time. I guess it's our own fault for being so dedicated. Kyle will always do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. Suggestions from us for this tournament system will most likely not be considered. He obviously knows what content he wants in it, even though many of us are going to question it. It's going to be a long road ahead.

SubZero likes this.
  22. Holy2334

Holy2334 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Kyle just can't seem to win with the community. We've already seen the small weekly update approach on things and I'm seeing the same amount of criticism now than what it was then.
    Major new updates like these take time and I was expecting that like I said before on another thread. Assistance would help speed things along, but there is a lot of factors in choosing who could be it. If you would like volunteer you could always drop him off an email about it kchamp@kchampgames.com and he will probably respond in a timely manner if you're serious.
    I see nothing wrong with the tournament idea IMO and although there are a lot of questions about it, we'll just have to wait and find out what its about :) I am however expecting to see a basic tournament set up for now, but hopefully there would be shorter updates to follow to build up on the new feature. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  23. Destroyer

Destroyer Unconfirmed Member

Is it on Ssl steam or ssl2 ?

24. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

SSL steam, since thats where the future/ focus of SSL is.

25. Google567

Google567 Trolls Beware ^o^ Former Moderator

Tournaments so far are fun with friends for a little bit.

@smb718 suggested we have ones made by the game as well.

I would like to see:
    • When players leave after their match(if they lose) their name stays so you can see who beat who.
    • Losers should be able to spectate games after their games or upcoming games.
    • Be able to invite friends to tourney menu.
    That is just a few I'd to see to this basic version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.