1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Tournaments with rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jpcas, Dec 9, 2014.

?

what do you think about this idea?

1. it sounds interesting and i'd like to play some tournaments with rewards

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. it sounds interesting but i think i still wouldn't take part in such a tournament

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i don't think it's a good idea

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. it's hard to say...

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

since ssl steam version is supposed to have clans implemented and there will be clan battles going on (hopefully with some statistics system) i think it would be quite a cool idea to make some tournaments with rewards as well.

now i'm not sure though how it'd be seen from a perspective of american law.. cause poker internet payed tournaments are illegal.. and if you're really into poker it becomes something else than gambling - it's really based on skills and calculations above all..

but my primary thought was pertaining to tournaments based on fee entrance..

e.g. tournament starts with 10 competitors, each pays 1 USD entrance fee and rewards are
    5 dollars for the first place, 3 dollars for the second and 2 dollars for the third place.

stakes should probably start with some small amounts cause you can't be sure if it'd come out. and if there were many player willing to take part in the tournaments, it could contain more competitors, bigger rewards and also kChamp would get some benefits from this.

if the payed tournaments are not possible to implement then i was also thinking about some rewards as items/ benefits/ utilities - useful in game - like those in ssl2:
    deluxe mode or special weapons, shields, jet-packs, weapon points, maps, tanks, perks.. etc.
    but of course it's wandering in the dark since i have no idea how those things are going to be released in steam version.. allegedly there won't be in-game transactions anymore.. and i don't know how about tank coins.

another thing is formal nature problems. i mentioned above the law issues kChamp may come across (payed tournaments), but there are also others.. if we're talking about payed tournaments, many, many others.
    majority of players is, assumedly, underage and those should be excluded from payed tournaments but how to deal with it? to be honest this is one of the elements i'm not acquainted with and some details of organizing tournaments are uncharted for me..
    one thing i am sure of: although working on implementation of clan system along with clan battles can expedite this project, it would still demand quite a lot of effort and commitment.. which i'm not sure kChamp would be willing to undertake.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

There are going to be tournaments in SSL3...

jgalloway64 and Taylor like this.
  3. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

*are

RumMumMario and jpcas like this.
  4. jpcas

um.. cool, dude.. but you know i wasn't talking about just any tournaments.. so what tournaments are you talking about? about tournaments where you can earn some money? if so, i'm not sure what makes you so confident.. yeah maybe i'm just under reported as usual..

5. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Cool idea... but instead of a real money fee... a TC fee with TC reawards is better... more realistic(as possible) cause no laws issues.

6. jpcas

yeah, i guess you're right.. but i think battling for tank coins might be interesting only in a short run.. but it also depends on what you'll be able to get with tc in steam version.. i think that after a while i'd lost my interest in it.. or i wouldn't have anything interesting to buy for tc..
    i think tournaments for a real money would be really engrossing but i do realize it would be much harder to implement.. i just have this naive tendency not to lose hope till the last moment..

Taylor and JohannZim like this.
  7. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

Oh see you don't understand, kChamp tells mario EVERYTHING. The reason you dont know about it is cuz why would kChamp tell you anything?

The money idea is cool but I think it would be hard to manage. How would the winning team get their hands on the money. I like the other idea of getting ingame supplies and what not. Anything is better than just bragging rights

jpcas likes this.
  8. JohannZim

Im not sure if it would be a really short run... if you think that the tournaments will be limited as any game does (twice per week for example) and have a 20TC prize for winner... we also have to agree that its highly unlikely someone winning every week... so its very hard to really gather a lot of TCs. With achievements system ppl can be pushed to try purchasing everything and theres a lot of expensive things to buy (gold rims for example) there will be probably more things to buy than there is in SS2 also. All kyle have to do is making things expensive that would take hardly 1-2 years to buy.

Taylor and jpcas like this.
  9. jpcas

i know it's not a piece of cake.. but it might be worth it.. kChamp would get some money as well if it'd work out
    and there are ways to do that.. i'm just not an expert :oops:
    there are lots of tournaments in other games and all.. my wife plays a lot poker online tournaments (with real money rewards), i used to play a bit too.. there are ways.. it's only a matter if kChamp is willing to get into it and make the effort.

i think it could be able to make more tournaments if everything was organized well.. i was thinking.. two per day..
    and even with 2 tournaments per week, good players could gather easily 20 tc + in a month.. that's quite a lot.. i mean.. if you want to buy a new perk or something.. i'd never buy golden rims.. some people argue that gold rims are meant to be something of a donation for kChamp.. well that's the only argument that could possibly convience me but then it misses the point if you're buying golden rims with your tc winnings which are completely virtual currency in that case.

JohannZim likes this.
  10. JohannZim

Thats why i sugested the achievements system... if theres an achievement "gold digger" to buy the rims wouldnt you feel like buying it? I like to try completing the games... maybe its a personal thing :oops: Anw... i wouldnt say its a lot... but its not a little either... good players would be able to buy things faster... nothing unfair :p

I used to play a lot of poker games online too... but involving real money like that is really a lot effort... not a bad idea at all... just unlikely to happen.

Taylor and jpcas like this.
  11. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

King is working on a tournment like this for ssl2 with paypal.

I can see this on steam though.
    Weekly tournaments for rewards like unique tanks, items, TC, and other prizes.

I would love to see tournaments for 2 vs 2's and 3 vs 3's. (Forgot about 4 vs 4's :D)
    If we can name our team so its like our little crew for such tournaments. It would be awesome to team up with friends in tournaments instead of just solo ones.

What do you guys think? :)

JohannZim and Hells Fury like this.
  12. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

So it just hit me

2 vs 2, 3 vs3, and 4 vs 4's for clan battles. Kyle has to implement that.
    I mean that brings so much fun to the concept of clans. Plus your group is tighter cause your all clan members.

Edit: Sorry for double posting.

bobbb7 and Hells Fury like this.
  13. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I'm not trying to criticize you or anything but this sentence just seemed as if you didn't know that the tournaments were going to be implemented.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  14. jpcas

i've read about tournaments but there were no details at the moment.. so i didn't know if there are going to be some real rewards.. it would be fun to play tournaments organized with in-game system, because the forums methods are always a bit defective, but it's not something this thread is about and you, on the other hand, don't seem to realize that.
    my real desire is to have tournaments with real money rewards and if it's not possible i'd like to have some in-game rewards that really counts.. but in that case it all depends on how the steam version will look - there are going to be many changes and right now i can't tell what i can pick from when i'm thinking of in-game rewards that'd really caught my eye..

Taylor and jgalloway64 like this.
  15. EL JABATO

EL JABATO New Born (1) Member

maybe i have an idea for a endurance game
    4h game-10000 xp
    8h game-30000 xp
    12h game-60000 xp
    18 h game-80000 xp
    24h game-level 50.