1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Training Field *Work in Progress*

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goomba, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Please note, this suggestion is not for everyone and will contain controversial game play. That's why I provide that if this suggestion were implemented, it would be entirely OPTIONAL. This suggestion adds a new type of game play to the game and is why it will be controversial, but the new game play will not affect the other.

Also note that I thought of this suggestion after playing a bit of Bloons Monkey City, and similar games.

The suggested new mechanic is the Training Field, which would act as a grid, on this grid, different buildings can be constructed that will give the Field different attributes. These attributes directly influence your team of AI tanks that you can take into battle. There is a wide variety of buildings that can be made, some are resource buildings (to make gold and power), some are weapon buildings (to give your AI tanks weapons), upgrade buildings (to upgrade the AI weapons), and special buildings (to modify the AI tanks).

I have been working on a document for this idea and hope that you will take a look at it:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aR6mBIityJMezUG2dykHhbF5aPCBFkLbPQqY3XdQ9dM/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for taking a look at this suggestion, it is something that strays from the original game play quite a bit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Leave comments and criticize as needed, thanks ! If this gets good feedback, I will continue updating the document and spreadsheet and maybe Kyle will implement it. If people hate it, we can let the thread die peacefully.

~ Goomba

Taylor and bobbb7 like this.
  2. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

it does sound fun, but the "coins" might get confused with tank coins lol

btw does anyone know what role tc will play in ssl3

3. Goomba

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should have named them coins, I was thinking Gold or some other currency. I'm not really sure, but they would be different than tank coins for sure. I was also thinking that in most of those types of games you could "Speed things up", in this case, you would be able to use Tank Coins to speed things up.

And I'm not sure, especially since Kyle said that the Steam version won't follow the Pay to Win road like these versions.

bobbb7 likes this.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Thats quite an interesting idea and I don't know if we could pull this off, I mean would it be necessary.
    I do appreciate all the effort though.

Maybe this can be a spinoff game for Kyle to develop.

@KingKyd

5. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

How did you even... I literally had a bloons/ssl idea a week ago. I was gonna go super in depth with towers and everything. Since I personally LOVE bloons and monkey city. Ask goog lol

6. Goomba

So should I continue the documents ? I pretty much stopped working on them haha but I could go back to it and get major work done, if it gets enough support