1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

WE NEED AN IN GAME SSL GUIDE

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Penguin, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

That's why there are guides on Steam

If people looked at them

Tavi, Taylor, IrisHeart and 1 other person like this.
  2. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

There was a wikia

3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

1: i don't see any holes by saying they are unobservant,if they readed a 5 min guide they woud at least try the normal games
    2: i'm not meaning stacks only,i use that example cause 50% of new players do that so it's the most comon thing.But like you see in screen they don't understand xp works,that guy thougth that:beating an high lvl,he would have lvled up fast.Hee could have beated 2 times a lvl 1 and he would have got way more xp.
    3: with the slaveowner example i was meaning that you make me look like a racist that hates all "low lvls" i mean it's just a compare it's not hard to understand.And actually you make me look like that
    4: FOR THE LAST TIME THEN IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND **** ***: I USED MONKEY WORD TO CONTINUE THE EXAMPLE OF CLEO
    5: THAT GUIDE WOULDN'T BE THE DIVINE COMMEDY,That would take like 10 mins to read it full..........and it would save up hours and hours of wasted gameplay.I don't think that(using an example) the stackers are like "oh i stacked for all that time but it gives no xp!But i'm so happy cause i discovered it by myself after just 20/30 h of gameplay! about of weaps i'm totaly agree that you should discover that by yourself,but a small sentece like ssl2 ones isn't that big SPOILER.Every time that a low lvl get a new weapon in crate they ask me how to use it so i don't think that this would be a bad idea and that wouldn't destroy ssl forever like you are saying
    Goomba you said that,if people looked at theme,but they won't look in steam guides cause:
    -some can be junk
    -aren't complete at all
    -in game it would be saw x20 more
    i have to stay that some guides are still really good but i reapeat this guide aren't saw enougth.If you really hate that in game guide that should be good havig a wiki(but this wiki should be really good not like the actual one lol)
    edit: i got this idea of a game guid also beacause,really often,new players ask me various things.I'm happy to aswer and be usefull but,if they asks,that mean that discovering the game isn't something that insterst much,but istead getting fun.I think that ssl isn't a game to discover but to have fun with beeing a simple grapich good multiplayer tank game.With that said thx to all to have shared various ideas about that topic,you may have reason but personaly i stay on my ideas for the reasons that i explained here.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  4. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

If new players don't know the actions of what weapons do or their damage potential, the firing range is there for them to experiment and learn.

If there are guides all over the place, it makes the game more complicated than it really is. I mean, you point...and shoot. If gamers can't understand the simplicity of it, they should quit while they're ahead.

referee11 and SubZero like this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

The Steam Guides that already exist for this game are really thought out and to the point.
    I can't see a reason someone couldn't simply use those cause thats why they exist. xD

Tavi likes this.
  6. NeonEnigma

NeonEnigma New Born (1) Member

Is there something about stack games which don't work which people are oblivious to? I participated in one (but have chosen to not do anymore as it would ruin leveling up), and my exp randomly fluctuated up and down. Either way, I want an explanation as to how it was changed from SSL1/2, because I would hate to have something in the game ruining the entire leveling aspect. Just curious as to the changes. Regarding the original post, I believe a simple description of most features should be given in a tab alongside the others. Except for the starting weapons, the rest should not be explained, but leveling up a weapon should explain its new features.