1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapon Adjustments

Discussion in 'Announcements & Updates' started by kChamp, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kChamp

kChamp Developer Developer

The weapon adjustments I made in v 0.8.6.1 seemed like a positive change to me. Players shouldn't be able to get huge amounts of damage just by being close to enemy tanks.

With that said, I am open to community suggestions. Should the current weapons be changed? If so, how and why?

Lyra, Towel, TheOnlyGod and 7 others like this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario General of the Army (25) Member

The damages are perfectly fine now. As of Sprinkler, it still does some incredible damage, but one or two OP weapons are fine. I agree 100% with your actions. Some people complain about the fact that they can't earn enough XP anymore, but the 5xp bonus from obstacles pretty much covers it. Sometimes even more.
    Thanks a bunch for the fix. :)

On the other hand, I would like you to try and replace some of the spinoff weapons to more of an original, creative weapon. I find it somewhat annoying to keep unlocking weapons which only have increased damage/radius from the previous weapon.
    E.g. Beacon - Beaconator, Napalm - Heavy Napalm, Flame tier, etc.

P.S. Me and @Goomba are currently working on a complete weapon revamp with new, creative weapons added to each tier. I'm sure it would provide be some help :)

3. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Weapons should be stronger as you level and unlock new Tiers. But it gets to a point where a level 21 can't even take out a level 60's shield before they die. I'm not saying a 21 should do the same damage in total as a 60, but the lower weapons can't do anything against a 60 with max shield and much stronger weapons.

Edit: Perhaps instead of nerfing some of the stronger weapons, buff some of the lower level weapons to allow lower levels to be able to do some damage to higher levels.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Silent Sniper likes this.
  4. Credipede

Credipede I'm a human, not an insect Administrator

In my opinion there are a few weapons which really have to be changed, either damage wise or how they work. Here's some brainstorming.

- Molehill: It's way too rare to hit with this weapon, and if you manage to hit, it does 50 damage. However the chance to hit is even smaller than with the Chancer. Change how far it can go to the left and to the right or make it deal more damage.
    - Area Attack: A useless upgrade of the Sinkhole which often does less damage than Sinkhole itself. Either nerf Sinkhole or buff the damage of Area Attack.
    - Beaconator: A useless upgrade of the Beacon, 8 additional damage is not really worth it. Either nerf Beacon or buff the damage of Beaconator.

There are some other weapons and upgrades which need a nerf or buff as well, but those three weapons just came into my mind when brainstorming.

Google567 and Silent Sniper like this.
  5. crazytotof

crazytotof New Born (1) Member

Hi!
    Well first, thanks for the rebalance, its a necessary thing for any games and i hope you will continue to nerf/boost stuff.

But if you nerf a weapon, i think you should reduce the ammount of exp needed to upgrade it or it gets too long to max a weapon that isnt worth such time (shot? :D).
    For example: Shotgun, wich is now waaay longer to upgrade because of its low damages (compared to before) and its inaccuracy.

Towel, Silent Sniper and 49erfan7 like this.
  6. smb718

smb718 First Sergeant (11) Member

I pretty much agree with all the changes. Having a range based nerf didn't ruin these weapons as many claim, but require them to be shot at a longer distance more skillfully.
    Already I am seeing more maps being used besides lowlands and plateau. The game has become much more balanced.

As for any other weapons, maybe heavy napalm? I know it can still do 150+ easily up close. Similarly applying a range based system to it would be good so it wouldn't completely suck at long range.

As for a buff, I would say 3/5/7 ball. They can be extremely difficult at long range. However, it would be bad for them to just become a new close range OP weapon.
    So around a 1.33x buff would be nice. (ex: 3bounce does 60 damage instead of 45 damage).

Besides that everything seems really balanced. Keep up the good work!

Towel and Google567 like this.
  7. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Hmm.... Mega builder and digger should both do 80, make them worth using every now and then. And then for all the weps you nerfed, I guess it would be best if you nerfed them so they did 75% of the original damage, instead of range based. (ex: 5 ball does 75 instead of 100)

Google567 likes this.
  8. Silent Sniper

Silent Sniper New Born (1) Member

I wouldn't necessarily like to see napalm or heavy napalm nerfed. As it is now it is most likely the most powerful close range weapon and I think there should be atleast one that does it's current damage. It would also take away the individuality of the whole chain of that weapon, and pretty much make it the same as inferno. While I say this though I think that Firestorm should be atleast a little buffed. Not in damage but maybe a longer duration of meteors? Then atleast you could see that the work you put into getting it was rewarded and you have another good long range like a few poeple have been asking for.

Mini Ping and Shockshells first level can be buffed a little. As of now both take a tremendous amount of time to level because of their low damage and could be upped maybe by 5 or 8

Towel, Nightwing and Mr Synikal like this.
  9. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

UFO needs to be bumped up to perhaps 75 damage. The Napalms are fine as they are knowing there is the capability of full armor.

Penguin likes this.
  10. Penguin

Penguin Major (18) Member

many peoples want s to change napalms,i say NO beacause it s a weap that you get at a very high lvl for steam,so i think if that do 150 it s ok since it s very long to get it(don t know if that was already depowered)

11. Nightwing

Nightwing Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Napalms are perfectly fine. With the previous nerfs it really only leaves a handful of weps that are heavy hitters. Plus napalm takes forever to lvl and its kinda rare to get. As for making it ranged based thats kinda pointless because the wep is only useful upclose

12. JohannZim

JohannZim First Lieutenant (16) Member

My sugestions:

UFO: 75 dmg (adding an animation where an UFO ship appears on the sky).

Super-Splitter: 90 dmg on closest range and distance variety for bigger dmg.

Double-Splitter: 60 dmg on closest range and no distance variety.

25-ball: 125 dmg (5 dmg each ball) on closest range and distance variety.

11-ball: 99 dmg (9 each ball) on closest range and distance variety.

5-ball: 75 dmg (15 each ball) on closest range and distance variety.

Moles: 50 dmg each mole, its already very random to hit any... so making it 50 can improve the quality of the wep enough to worth the patience lvling Molehill.

Mega Digger & Mega Builder: Both doing 80 dmg (20 dmg each hit).

Groller & Back-Groller: Both doing 55 on last instance of growing. As it is now its safer to guarantee 40 with the normal rollers than risk for 8 more dmg... making the latest lvl pretty useless.

Big Bulger: 40 dmg, after a long wait to lvl you expect a better dmg from the next tier.

RapidFire: 55 dmg and no distance variety.

Shotgun: 68 dmg and no distance variety.

Burst-Fire: 84 dmg on closest range and distance variety.

Gatling Gun: 112 dmg on closest range and distance variety.

Sweeper: 40 dmg each side.

2012: 20 dmg each lightning and 20 dmg each asteroid.

Salt and pepper: 60 dmg, i dont see why nerf the second wave to 20 dmg... double dmg seems more logical.

Beaconator: Change the dmg of the additional red ball to deal 15 or 30 depending on luck.

Eruption: The "Bulger" doing 40 dmg. Same reason as "Big bulger", here is even worse when you see no change whatsoever from the first hit compared to Volcano.

Solar Flare: Make the outside flares bump at the edges of the screen like on ssl2. The way it is now looks more like a visual effect than something really usefull.

Double-Breaker: 20 dmg each ball. I don't know why you nerfed this... its already harder to hit 2 projectiles in 1 target cause of the larger spread.

Those are my sugestions... all other weapons have an acceptable/bearable dmg for me.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  13. RumMumMario

RumMumMario General of the Army (25) Member

Good boy! I agree with most.

14. referee11

referee11 Captain (17) Member

Well, since this is a place about weapon buffs/nerfs, I'm gonna put this here:
    Nalpalm and Heavy Napalm should be nerfed.
    Of all the complaints around here, it is that weapons do too much damage close-range. In fact, some who support Napalm and Heavy Napalm damages STILL think that too much damage is dealt close up. Well, pick your side already; you can't have both. From the way we are going, it is evident that high, close-up damage is NOT where we wanna go. If you are gonna wreck SuperSplitter, Gatling Gun, and others that deal high damage up-close, why is Napalm an exception? 42 is not THAT high of a level, ESPECIALLY considering you get Clover in the 60s. It is just logical that Napalm and Heavy Napalm are nerfed if those other ones are.

15. Joy

Joy Private First Class (4) Member

I agree with all of these :D especially double splitter... right now regular splitter is more op -_-

16. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

I agree with the most if not all, i also want to add Four Leaf Clover, it deals the same maximum damage as the regular clover which is 110.

17. drake28034

drake28034 Private E-2 (3) Member

I agree, shotgun takes forever to level up now .-.

18. crazytotof

crazytotof New Born (1) Member

A good approach would be to boost weak/okay weapons instead of nerfing better-than-average weapons, this is the best thing to add more diversity in the weapon choices. Continuously nerfing weapons is less effective, another weapon will take its place in no time so... (dont underestimate player's will to exploit the games mechanics)

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  19. JohannZim

JohannZim First Lieutenant (16) Member

Hey Kyle... dont forget this thread ;)

Mr Synikal likes this.
  20. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I had a thought like this before. Maybe the solution is not to nerf strong weapons. Maybe the weaker ones should be buffed a little! Critical x2s could be a problem but I think I'd rather have something like this instead of long drawn out team or ffa deathmatches. This might render the point of having 600hp useless, but I feel like these games are too slow. This might be a shit idea but I'm just tossing things around as they cross my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.