1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapon Fusion + Crafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Invictaa, Nov 17, 2015.

?

Do you think weapon fusion or crafting would be a good thing for SSL?

1. It's amazing! I would love to see this in-game!

40.0%
  2. It sounds cool.

30.0%
  3. It seems unnecessary.

20.0%
  4. It's stupid. I don't want to see this in-game.

10.0%
  1. Invictaa

Invictaa Unconfirmed Member

Before I begin, I would like to give credit to Goomba for the idea for the following. He posted about weapon collision and also touched on weapon fusion. I thought it sounded great, but he didn't go too in-depth on it. I am writing this to expand upon it. Thank you Goomba!

Goomba's Profile: http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/members/goomba.170/
    Goomba's Post: http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/threads/weapon-collision.11815/

Firstly, weapon fusion. Weapons can be fused in 2 ways. The easy way is to stack tanks and shoot in coordination with a teammate. However, this leads to you and your teammate easily being shot simultaneously. The harder way is to have your shot cross path with a teammates. This could be very difficult, but if performed properly, can be amazing.

Weapon fusion would require lots of communication with your team for it to be a success. Also, when fusing, each weapon will have to have a "dominant" shot. This could either be determined randomly or set by specific weapons. For example, Goomba said that an example of a fusion weapon is ballista, which is a shot and a sniper fusion. One of the weapons has to give, and the other will continue on its path, as both cannot fuse into ballista. If the shot hits, both players would get the experience. Also, weapon experience would be given to both of the regular weapons. For example, a ballista is shot and deals 100 damage. 100 xp (times the multiplier) would be given to both sniper and shot.

Currently, there are 313 weapons in-game. If every weapon could fuse with any other weapon, there would be a total of approximately 49,000 total weapon fusions possible. Obviously, this is insane, and is a bit too much. Not all weapons can fused, only certain ones.

With all being said, it seems weapon fusion would only be possible in all-shot or team-shot, which is not what we always do. This is where weapon crafting comes into play.

Weapon crafting allows you to create your own fusions by yourself. With weapon crafting, there would be a tab in-game for crafting, possibly while you view your weapons. To craft fusions, you just have to select the two that you want to fuse, and it will tell you if the fusion is possible. If it is, you can confirm it, and that will be your turn rather than shooting. The weapon fusion will be added to your current arsenal. Then, next turn, you can fire it. Weapon crafting would add a level of strategy to the game rather than just skill.

Weapon fusions could be an amazing feature if implemented properly, and I'd love to see it in-game. Thank you for reading, and spread the word if you want to see this feature implemented. If you have any further questions or suggestions regarding weapon fusion, please let me know!

Thank you!

2. SillyMind69

SillyMind69 New Born (1) Member

I love the idea but I think it won't be more 100% more strategic and most of the time players will fail and will start a chain reaction of random events. Maybe they will fail, maybe they will succeed but one thing is sure: this will make the game funnier :3

3. MythicalRainbowPumpkins

MythicalRainbowPumpkins Unconfirmed Member

Very nice ideas from the both of you, Invictaa and Goomba!

4. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

It's overall a good idea I personally believe haha. This idea is good in moderation, as long as it doesn't become "game changing", I don't want the idea of the game to completely change because of this addition, but instead should be treated almost like a new mode.
    In the game creation menu, there should be an option of "Weapon Fusion" which can be toggled on or off (because some people may find the option annoying or not for them).

The idea itself would take a lot of work to implement, but would pay off in the long run, because instead of people then asking for "EVEN MORE WEAPONS", we can get something a little more doable, and less "crazy" and have more weapon fusions added periodically. With 49,000 + or whatever you said, there is quite a bit of potential.

I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the whole "crafting" thing that tells you what you can make and what you can't. I think they should be hidden until someone figures out a combination and informs everyone (because that's what people do). Every week or so, there can be a "riddle" posted on the front page that hints at what a possible weapon fusion is, for example:

For the weapon fusion "Snakes on a Plane" the riddle that is posted in the menu could be "I have had it with these monkey fighting snakes, on this Monday thru Friday plane!" as a reference to the infamous censoring of the movie Snakes on a Plane.

I feel like if there is a crafting element to it, this might take the game towards an rpg-esque style. That's just the mood I get from crafting things. However, I think it'd be cool to have a Gallery as a tab on the hub screen, that shows off all of the weapon fusions that you've encountered from playing (that way you never forget the combinations).
    Along with the weekly riddle, if a Gallery is added, there can be a weekly shop item that can be purchased for 50 gears that unlocks a weapon fusion in your gallery without figuring it out yourself. Of course balancing would be needed, if everyone buys this fusion spoiiler, they can simply tell other people so that they don't need to figure it out themselves.

Invictaa, Taylor and SubZero like this.
  5. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

lol once i did a thread like this based on another guy idea,i said it was his idea with the link of his post just like you did,and everybody was saying"you should have posted this as a reply of his thread!" and they deleted my thread -_-. well this forum sucks
    ps:very nice idea i totaly aprove that 100%,That would be much more original then just adding new weaps!
    2nd ps: also if this is one of the greatest ideas of ssl so far much people would complain that it would be OP and unfair (that it's maybe true).So it may need some changes like giving to all players at least a fusion possibility in the match

6. Invictaa

Invictaa Unconfirmed Member