1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapon Mastery XP/Descriptions/Preview Video

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Holy2334, Jan 12, 2016.

?

For those who want to leave quick feedback....

1. Yes to Weapon Mastery Idea

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Yes to Weapon Descriptions Idea

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes to Weapon Preview Videos Idea

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I'm not sure about these ideas.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No to any of these ideas.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

3 Suggestions all involving weapons.
    Weapon Mastery XP: I like the current way how we get weapons by having to use the weaker version of a weapon to get the better upgraded version. I do however feel though that once a player does get the maxed version of that weapon, it isn't really used anymore for the sake of using weapons that aren't fully leveled. To give those sets some purpose still, I suggest that there should be one more level after each set called "Mastered" which instead of giving you a new weapon gives you xp instead. The amount of xp that each "mastered" should give depends on the level you unlock the weapon like so.

Base Weapons: 250xp
    2-10: 500 xp
    11-20: 750xp
    21-30: 1000xp
    31-40: 1250xp
    41-50: 1500xp
    51-60: 1750xp
    61-70: 2000xp
    71-80: 2250xp
    81-100:2500xp
    Shop Weapons: 1000xp
    Challenge Weapons: (Varies based on challenge)
    Feel Free to adjust XP amounts and what not. The xp increases as level increases since 250xp is a good boost for a lower leveled player, but not for a higher level player. You can also add in some achievements for mastering X amount of weapons.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Descriptions: Weapon descriptions like in 2 please! It would be good hints for new people on how to use the weapon in game. Especially when they get ones they are unfamiliar with in boxes.

Most of the weapon descriptions for the weapons in 2 are good to get a good chunk of weapons out of the way. If you need help filling in the rest just make a Google spreadsheet and I'm pretty sire the community would love to add some descriptions to some weapons. :)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Weapon Preview Videos: This one isn't really necessary, but if you have the time, in the weapons menu where you see the level progress towards your weapons for your unlocked weapons you should have a little video that you can play which demonstrates said weapon being fired. It would be a great way for players who get new toys to see how to work the thing without accidentally blowing themselves up or something. Just a nice little thought though.

2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Anything to help make the grind less grindy. I like everything except the weapon videos idea since you could still go to the firing range and test out new weapons for yourself. The game even tells you to go to the firing range when you unlock a new weapon.

Mr Synikal and JohannZim like this.
  3. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Perhaps combine this idea with the weapon skins idea, once you achieve "weapon mastery" for certain weapons, you can unlock the golden skin for them.
    Or maybe weapon mastery can be achieved by getting two things for each weapon:

Weapon Expert - Earn a certain amount of XP for a tier past the final tier
    Weapon Marksman - Kill an enemy with each weapon in the tier

Weapon Mastery - Earn both Weapon Expert and Weapon Marksman
    ---------------------------------------------
    On a side note, I did have a Google Doc of weapon descriptions for SSLS, but I abandoned it because I didn't think it was worth my time

Holy2334 likes this.
  4. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I was honestly thinking about the golden stuff, but I didn't want to steal ideas so I left that out. The weapon marksman thing is a good idea, but I don't think its necessary as it will be really easy to do with some of the weapons especially when some are only two levels.

As far as the Google docs thing, the beauty of it is that you don't have to waste your time filling everything by yourself, but you can share it with other people who can help fill it in as well. It would save a lot of time if several people put it together.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR FIRING RANGE!
    Just kidding, but I see your point though.