1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapon Packs

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by PTpiranha, Jun 14, 2014.

1. PTpiranha

PTpiranha New Born (1) Member

Which one should I buy? I mainly do 6 people games, more often 3v3 than FFA. Which one should I get. The increased cost of the retro packs are no obstacle.

Taylor likes this.
  2. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

If you are going to buy packs I recommend pack 5 first because it has a few VERY OP weps which are easy to hit with too. Then pack 4 because it is very strong too especially in matches with lot of people. Retro 1 too has 5-6 OP weps with the rest being ok on average.
    These 3 packs I would get first.

Maybe retro 2 and pack 3, but they are a step behind and I'm not sure if it is an advantage if you get them.
    Pack 1 and 2 are crap.
    Pack 6 is meh.

3. Z A I N

Z A I N Private E-1 (2) Member

Just listen to me :

1st of all get Retro weapon 1 , then 2nd Weapon pack 3 , then 3rd Weapon pack 4 then later others Retro weapon 2 & Weapon pack 5
    Believe me dont get Wep pack 6 those crappy weps and wep pack 1 & 2 also same thing

GG !

4. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Corporal (5) Member

I heard that RWP1 and WP5 were good. You should look into those.

5. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Retros cost more because it contains 20 weapons instead of 10.

If you want weapons that are fairly balanced, WP6 is the best.
    If you want weapons that are so friggin' OP that only gives you XP and pleasure of beating up a free player, then WP5 or 4.

6. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Pack 5 is my favorite overall. Packs 3 and 6 gets a bad rap from some players but if you know how to aim and use each weapon, they are awesome. Retro 1 is the best for 1v1 games. Pack 4 also has good stuff in it but you need to use everything the right way or it can come back on you lol.

7. Csumbi

Csumbi Corporal (5) Member

As everybody said: WP5 is OP, so buy that 1st :)

8. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Only 1 weap in Retro 1 is bad(Floaters). The rest are either medium strength to OP. 8/10
    Retro 2: 2 weaps that are iffy, can be strong or weak(Gatling and Wild One), and a weap that is weak in most situations(Throwing Star). Most of the weaps are pretty good or very good when used right. Wouldn't suggest this pack if you want to increase your chances of good weaps all the time, however. 6.5/10
    Pack 1: 3 weaps that are pretty good in most situations(Chopper, Mac-And-Cheese, and SuperCat), Fortress is a great troll weap like Wall, and Penetrator is amazing on flat ground(almost useless on anything else however). Fiesta is onea my favs, although usually very weak. Don't get this pack if you only want strong weaps. 4/10
    Pack 2: Volcano good for trolling in all-shot, like Bulgar. Blob pretty useless, Snowstorm can be very good in the right situation, but it's very rare. Chancer, amazing if it works, awful when it doesn't. Rest are pretty strong when used right. Wouldn't suggest this for same reason as previous packs. 5.5/10
    Pack 3: Majority of the weaps are actually pretty good in most situations. If Seagull hadn't been nerfed, this would be the best pack imo due to just how OP it used to be. Would suggest it after getting some better packs. 7/10
    Pack 4: A strong all-around pack, All the weaps have the ability to get over 100 damage when used right or if lucky. Would get before Pack 3, but after a better pack. 7.5/10
    Pack 5: The best pack imo, all the weaps are at-least somewhat simple to use and can do serious damage. Dead Riser is the only weap that can't get over 100 without a x2 or crit. Would get this pack 1st. 8.5/10
    Pack 6: The weaps start out pretty weak feeling at the start, but as they level and you learn how to use them, most can become pretty strong. I personally like this pack quite a bit since they've leveled. Even though I like the pack, I still wouldn't suggest it if you only want strong weaps. 6.25/10

I guess in the end, I'd vote Pack 5 first, Retro 1 a close second, and Pack 4 third. If you still want more weapons after these, Pack 3, Retro 2, and Pack 6. Pack 1 and Pack 2 have some really good weaps, but they're drowned out by so many weaker ones.
    Ratings and Descriptions were my opinions from having all these packs as long as I have. Depending on style, other's ratings will differ.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Taylor, mega n00b and Z A I N like this.
  9. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I think seagull pack and 5 are musts. Retro 2 has needler so no need to explain. I'm on my tablet so I camt reference back atm.

10. Mr Anonymous

Seagull is from pack 3 and needler is from retro 1 with the spligger also lol. A lot of people has dismissed pack 3 as no good anymore since seagull got "updated". Seagull still does 140 to 160 easy which is a lot even after it got cut back. There is a a lot of other good weapons in that pack also that people forget about like mad birds and bouquet.

Taylor likes this.
  11. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Thanks for the correction. Also that's why I love pack 3 and 5. Every weapon is very good it seems.

12. Tavi

My rating was a 7/10, so I'm glad I have it. Seagull used to be able to do over 420 damage, the ability to KO a fully armored/full hp player in a single stacked shot, putting its strength above Prestige weaps(although its strength was reduced before Prestige was added). Its strength made it feared by everyone. After it was changed it's about the same as Bouquet and Mad Birds, both still being excellent weaps alongside of it, but nerfed Seagull isn't strong enough anymore for it to out-class some other packs, imo.

Edit: Also, I've had Pack 3 just as long as Deluxe, Retro 1, Pack 2, and shorter than the rest. Deluxe and Pack 2 have 3 weaps not maxed each, Pack 3 has 1 weap not maxed(although it's really close), Retro 1 and Packs 4/5 are completely maxed, and have been for awhile. I've had Retro 2 and Pack 1 for too short of a time to compare them this way.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  13. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I would still think of Seagull as an overpowered weapon. It still does do over 100 damage. Any weapon that packs over 100 damage in a single shot is very powerful. Think about it:

FireStorm- Most people see FireStorm as a weapon that always deals over 200 damage. How often do you get over 200 damage with FireStorm? Very unlikely as it has a slight luck factor in where the meteors fall. Seagull is comparable to FireStorm

Tsunami- Can deal an average of 160 damage in the right situation. Seagull can also achieve this if used correctly. Seagull is comparable to Tsunami.

MegaNuke- No need to explain. Does a highest of 140 damage on one tank. Seagull is comparable to MegaNuke

Pyrotechnics- Can do an average of 90-150 damage on a single tank. Seagull is comparable to Pyrotechnics

Excavation- Can do an average of 160 damage on a single tank. Seagull can achieve an average of 160 damage. Comparable.

Python- Judging by the randomness of Python, I would say Seagull is far more reliable.

Whoops, looks like I went off topic!
    These conclusions are based on targeting a single tank and may not be completely accurate. I would say weapon pack 3 is one of the most powerful weapon packs.

14. Mr Anonymous

Here's mine from delux, retro 1, retro 2, pack 3, 4, 5, and 6. I got pack 3 and pack 5 around prestige 5 and the others was when I was prestige 6 and 7. I've never used a weapon upgrade coin on any of mine either.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

darklegion741 and Csumbi like this.
  15. Tavi

It is a good, strong weap still, however it's pretty much the same(strength-wise) as: Spligger, Tri-Nade, Bullseye, AC-130, Torpedos, SplitterChain, Chancer(full-power obvi), Mad Birds, Bouquet, Mini-Turret, Sunburst, Cats and Dogs, SmartSnipe, Crazy Cluster, TurretMob, MegaRainbow, FighterJet, Sniper, Flower, Multi-Nade, 2012, Sub-Sniper, Asteroid Storm, Super-Splitter
    There are many weaps that can compare with Prestige weaps already so I don't see that being much of an issue. Just my opinion, but Needler and Meganuke are the only weaps I consider OP due to how easy it is to get over 200 damage from 1 shot. (Single tank for Needler, 2 for MegaNuke since it has such an enormous blast range.) Many other weaps can get that much, but most require a x2, crit(s), stacked tanks, and/or a very specific setup.

R1: 7/20 = 3.5/10 weaps that can do over 100 somewhat or very easily(4/10 if you want to count Needler as 2 since 200 isn't hard to reach)
    R2: 6/20 = 3/10
    P1: 2/10 (3/10 if flat map)
    P2: 3/10
    P3: 6/10
    P4: 7/10
    P5: 8/10
    P6: 5/10
    De: 8/20 = 4/10
    My quick estimates for weaps that do 100+ damage somewhat to very easily without crits/x2 from all level 4-5 weaps.

Definitely a good all-around pack that I would get again.