1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapons competion!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, May 27, 2016.

?

do you think it is a good idea?

1. yes I think it can work

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no I think it can't work

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

Hi!I am following the development of an RPG game called Epic battle fantasy 5.It is really similar to SSL(not the gameplay) but like ssl it has:
    -mosltly just 1 dev
    -game maybe just a bit more famous than SSL but still is quite as same big
    (the link:http://kupogames.com/2016/03/24/ebf5-foe-competition/)
    The developper of this game does something called "foe competion".He asks to his fans to create artworks and ideas for new game enemys and the best one of the week will get in game!That is just a great thing that kyle could do as well with weapons.

How to make it?
    it would be better if this thread was an official one made by a moderator,and the best weapon suggestion/artwork of the week is sent to Kchamp,The moderator will send to Kchamp the weapon concept so he would probably see it.Once the weapon gets in game it would be nice if in update notes kyle gives a credit to the forum member that suggested the weap!
    how it would work
    everybody suggest a weapon,possibly with an artwork to give the concept.The comunity would judge this weapon with 3 parameters:
    -how it would fit in SSL 0/10 points
    -originality 0/10 points
    -how much you personaly like it 0/5 points
    the weapon that gets highest amount of points wins!How much you personaly like is "just" 5 points beacause the most important thing is that the weapon adapts to SSL parameters and it must be original.
    note: you have to think the lvl of unlocking this weapon...it's normal that prestige 100 weapon would be way cooler than a lvl 30 weapon so,when you judge,take care about that point.
    Rules:
    -say how you unlock the weap(important for the judge)
    -must be fine with ssl parameters for weapons
    -damage have to be reasonable
    -all junk,crazy or useless weapon suggestions would be deleted from the thread
    -don't suggest an extra tier of a weapon that already exist cause kyle wouldn't do it even if it would be cool
    -when you judge plz don't give random numbers
    -when you judge just see the weapon,not who posted it(for example don't give much points to someone just because he is your friend...... you just have to see the weapon)
    -at least 3 people + the moderator have to judge the weap before sending it to khcamp
    why would it work?
    well kyle never see the forum,NEVER.So the moderators that see frequently the froum have to "choose for kyle" and will send him just the best and most liked ideas of the forum and,if that thread borns,it would be way more easier and objective to find the best idea(in that case weapon idea)Maybe this competion can happend once every 2 weeks if every 1 week is too much

GooodHerb and Taylor like this.
  2. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I like the idea but I don't see it working unfortunately ;-; how close is EBF to being finished? I love those games >.<

3. Penguin

17%!Now he added something so i think it is like 17,5% now xD
    However i can't see why it shouldn't work it is a pretty easy concept,at least the easiest one that i found to make our suggestions be real,and since other dev of other games does the same i can't see why we can't do this in SSL

4. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I'd love to see this... However, I don't see this happening. I wish it would, I'd unleash a little more of my creativity out for things, but Kyle just simply wouldn't do this. This would be a great idea to add one new weapon per month, via contest... but with how the game has went and is already going, I doubt we'll see anything like it in the near future.

Overall, I am in full support of it, so long as the contest winners win from no bias. This would also bring in a lot of new forum members, because other people would want to think up ideas for new weapons and seeing user submitted weapons in game would be the way to bring them in.

Edit: Also the reason I haven't been posting any more suggestion threads is the same too. There's simply no point of wasting so much effort knowing that Kyle will never even see the idea.

Scarlet, Tavi, xXTacocubesXx and 2 others like this.
  5. Zinkeron

Zinkeron Private First Class (4) Member

I can't wait till it comes out... I hope it surprises us like EBF 4 did with Natalie added!

Penguin likes this.
  6. Penguin

*Anna
    note: don't go off topic plz,thx:)

Zinkeron likes this.
  7. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Once a month perhaps if Kyle decided to be speedy

8. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I thinks that the big difference is the EBF person (kupo747?) Just needs art work, whereas for weapons you'd need them programmed and stuffs to add em o.o

Zinkeron likes this.
  9. Penguin

well i think that a foe need to be programmed as well and he is adding way more foes then what is doing kyle with weaps :/

10. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

The problem is not the ideas of weapons and community involvement, the problem is that Kyle is quite frankly too lazy to make creative weapons as they usually take more time than spinoffs of existing weapons.

11. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Hmph, doesn't even have existing weaps work like they do in ssl2 even though it's wanted. (How many don't want Bouncy or Pinger to act like their ssl2 counterparts?) Or some of the beloved weaps of ssl2 (hh grenade, dj bomb, lights out etc)
    I'd love these before any brand new weaps tbh. Though that's personal preference and offtopic I guess *sigh*

Anyway, can't count speeds of updates without considering devs. Just cause 1 is quick doesn't mean the other should be same speed or visa versa, they're different people.