1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Will not SSL be free anymore ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by SinovenatoR, Aug 16, 2014.

1. SinovenatoR

SinovenatoR New Born (1) Member

Once it is accepted on Steam, will it be required to purchase it ? :/

Taylor and BlackHawk36 like this.
  2. AlmostSoClose

AlmostSoClose Sergeant Major (12) Member

I'm guessing it will cost money through Steam... But here... It is free and will always be free...

BlackHawk36 likes this.
  3. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

The simplest way to put it is: no one knows. kChamp said he's still determining that and will try to make it as cheap as possible, if not free.

4. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Like Almost said, 1 and 2 stay as is cost-wise(free), and Steam version will cost what it will cost(most likely not free).

5. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

Honesty though, it will probably be worth the $5(or whatever) it will cost.

Taylor likes this.
  6. TankFrank

TankFrank Command Sergeant Major (13) Former Moderator

In my opinion things are going as follow:

-SSL1 and SSL2 will not be terminated, they will keep being around without any updated.
    -SSL3 (or SSL on Steam, call it whichever you like) will be a pay for play game, that is we will gonna have to pay a little to download the game.
    -I don't know if once we payed the game then it is gonna run without any more paying (I highly doubt that).

That's all I can foresee...

Taylor likes this.
  7. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I'm sure I'll find a way to pay for the game legally through a free means. I am able to with bing rewards and get 5 dollar game stop cards to get packs etc currently.
    So maybe I can ask bing to have steam cards on there. ^_^ Long shot.
    One day I will though when my dad pays me and I can get a bank account. Almost 21 and not good circumstances for steam version and me. xD

Good luck to everyone and I agree with Tank. It will continue to have in game purchases.

8. Padano

Padano New Born (1) Member

Hi everybody!
    Quick question about the new SSL on Steam... if a SSL 2 player will buy it, would it be possible to move all the XP and benefits to the new account?

If yes there would be double chance that old players would buy the game, isnt't it? :)

Thanks

9. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hai there.

I doubt it will be like that sadly. Even though this is a revamped ssl2, it's practically a new game when you consider all the new additions and changes.

So it will be the same thing as moving from ssl1 to ssl2. The XP won't transfer over, but you will get rewarded for hire much you played and supported the game.

Hope that answers your question.

10. Padano

Hi everybody! Lately, I'm having a lot of troubles logging in on Armor Games site... It keeps me saying that I need to log in with my AG account in order to play... the problem is that i'm already logged in -___-'

I tried to reload the page, reconnect the router, change the browser, restart the computer.... it keeps saying that :_(

Any suggestion? And in any case what would be the procedure to change the "platform" for playing? (for example from AG to shellshocklive2.com)?

Thank you in advance for the reply! :)

11. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

:O In SSL Steam Edition, I hope there will be an account transfer, or something. So all registered names on SSL2 will be registered on Steam, and then we can log in using that :eek:

It would be upsetting if the only way I could be Rarity on there, is through changing nickname on Steam ;-;

12. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I don't know why you decided to post that here in an old thread that has nothing to do with said issue, rather than make a new one. But I'll help anyway.

It sounds like an issue on AG/SSL2's side. It has nothing to do with your connection unless some odd occurrence with a program like PeerBlock is stopping it. As far as my knowledge reaches, you cannot play with your AG account on shellshocklive2.com or Kongregate or Facebook, because the game was specifically designed differently to work on said websites and therefore you cannot login with other websites. If there is a way for you to contact ArmorGames, I'd suggest you do so, because you won't be hearing from kChamp here as he is almost never around.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Taylor and AlmostSoClose like this.
  13. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

As far as I know AG is very good at responding if I remember to stuff like this. So hopefully it gets resolved for you.

14. Padano

Sorry for the Out of Topic post :(

Aaaand you're totally right... with PeerBlock closed it works!

Thank you! :D

KingKyd likes this.