1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

X2 XP Weekend Sale.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Awesume, Jul 23, 2015.

?

This a good idea?

1. Yuussssssssssss!

66.7%
  2. Maybe...

5.6%
  3. Noooo Way!

27.8%
  1. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

@kChamp

This draws people to games, and right now no one is doing it. This will also help advertise your game on steam more. Double the xp, people take advantage of that when being a low level to improve their level fast. I think this will help boost the number of people on shellshock.

I know for any gamer out there this is great for when being either a high level, medium level, or low level.

2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Yeah Kyle we all want to be level 100 so we can play other games !

Awesume likes this.
  3. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Cool idea! But i still think Kyle should finish the final touches of the game before making tries to bring people in. So i'd suggest we start making pressure on Kyle for him to get back on work and finish the game as quickly as possible. After all... the time he asked for moving already passed.

It is also interesting to suggest he hire someone else to help him with the development because people are impatient... the game was suposed to be done in 3 months or 4 tops according to himself... it's completing 4 months if i'm not mistaken and the game is not near the official release with those basic flaws we point out all the time.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  4. Piroutcha

Piroutcha Private E-1 (2) Member

lmao is it just me or did Kyle underestimate the fact that none of us have lives and play a game obsessively to rank up. :3 Give the guy some time lol.

Awesume and Taylor like this.
  5. Taylor

Good luck trying to get anyone from level 60 up to admit that.
    I've found it is some what a challenge to have a life and stay ahead of grinders on this game but is possible if you have goals and buddies with similar goals. If you have this setup having a life while maintaining a progression if a good amount of xp is possible and is being shown by quite a few. The majority seem to go over board.

A good chunk of us have been patiently waiting. Its just people when they have nothing to do whine and then start threads just to argue with others how their thinking is correct on the matter. Its the same people that have been doing it the last 2 years. Luckily we have been through this before when trying to start threads in the SSL2 era with ideas but also get Kyle's attention back to this forum. You just ignore them and use reason when they post something. We all know there are suck ups on here that only come up when Kyle does, thats something that is true of any game where the developer has interaction with the consumers. Whether its gettign added by him or proclaiming whats best for the game, Kyle will decide cause he knows better than to trust anyone with weighty decisions other than himself. This community is an interesting one though in terms of people. The longer you've been around sadly the more you know which isn't a good thing about groups or people in general.

The wait shall continue though ...

Piroutcha likes this.
  6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Eh, I'd say 50% off sale during weekends instead. That'll draw in more attention. I'm not sure how doubling XP will advertise the game in any way though, since that's a service only given to the players who has already purchased it. I mean it's cool to have people play the game more, but I think increasing the buyers comes prior to that.

Batgirl likes this.
  7. Taylor

Lol I wasn't saying you were one of them. You and many others are examples that you can do it without blowing a majority of your time on the game but progress significantly.
    There are just some that don't do that.

8. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

It makes it so that the game doesn't appear to be dead when people join, so that they don't quit the first 5 mins in. You also get a head start in the game, and who doesn't want that.

9. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Please stay on topic. Go off topic again in this thread and i will hand out warnings, any person who is caught attempting to start an argument will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you.

Awesume and Taylor like this.
  10. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

It's a good idea in my opinion. It would only be for a weekend and would entice players to get back in the game after Kyle's long departure with no updates. The game needs a boost of some kind because there are very few to be found playing. Incentive is a great motivation in keeping the game alive.

Awesume, SubZero, Holy2334 and 2 others like this.
  11. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

oh however how much would it stand?i think that it should be at least every 2/3 weeks to don t make it op

12. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I love this double xp weekend idea. But I feel like one of the main reasons why there's no people is because the grind is still ridiculous and it takes too long for new people to be able to catch up to higher levels. Frankly, I believe we should have at least double the xp we currently get ALL the time. Lvl 100 should not be an insanely lofty goal reserved for a few people crazy enough to play that long for a chopper. It's a simple, straightforward tank shooting game, not WoW or whatever. I think I've played more than long enough to get my fill of the game. 400+ hours and not even halfway to lvl 100, that's ridiculous and unhealthy for a game like this. This is just how I feel about the game right now. But yes, I'm for double xp weekend all the way.

SubZero, Awesume and Mr Synikal like this.
  13. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

I understand Kyle wants the playability to last but I think the levels should be somewhat more reasonable to obtain. Hence wanting or needing double xp to progress in the game. I'm not saying to make it easy to level, but, the last 6 or 7 levels are literally half of the game to get Lvl 100. Why wouldn't the xp be more progressively demanding starting at Lvl 50? It makes no sense and is unbalanced. Double xp would also help the lower level players finding reward in their progression. It does get discouraging and some may find that there is no way in heck they're gonna devote their personal time for little reward. On the contrary, it may sway some players to not play as often or worse yet, stop playing entirely. Perhaps add more levels and have the xp demand more realistic if Kyle wants playabilty without losing his fanbase. As of now, what does finally getting Lvl 100 really say? "Hey, I endured the torture and made it to the last level? Look at me, I got Chopper?" If Kyle is going to keep the xp demands as they are, then yes, I support a Double XP weekend. Not only once, but periodically to keep player's interest in the game.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    xXTacocubesXx, SubZero and Awesume like this.
  14. Taylor

I have a few questions.

A few updates have happened since the games Beta release and at first there were a majority against such changes. Of course the whole community wasn't reached on the matter but a decision was made based off about 20 or so people's view points of the matters.

-New Weapon Setup at start of game
    -Lowered XP needed to level weapons
    -Lowered XP needed to level up a level as a player

It seems more and more people are talking about making this game fair. That's all fine and dandy but we need a way to find out the entire playing community's opinions on the matter instead of just a few people that were bold enough to give their opinion, whether a good viewpoint or not was presented. Before in such events decisions were made by Kyle from a select group of posts not the actual entire player base. Too often the majority stay mum on matters to not cause more than the already arguing and bashing that comes when expressing any opinion whether good or bad on the game. Especially a way to improve it etc. I don't blame them cause some people go on and on when you try to reason. In the end you should of just ignored the person and focused on any other persons objection instead. It would be nice if Kyle gave his opinion, which is most important, on these matters instead of just users back and forth debating.

Q's

-I faced a user yesterday that made a big deal cause they were significantly lower than me but whined I got way more crits then them. They were annoyed at that since they were a 60 and I was a 90. Pure logic could of saved them that waste of breath but plain and simple: You put in the time you get what I got. Besides when hes an mid 70 or higher he'd have the same stats and everything by default pretty much so why whine if if you put the time in you'll have what I have and we'll be even. Why is it people want everything in life made easier so they can reach ending result quicker?

-Based off that this game is based on grind. Even though we are grinding to reach 100 is that the max? Are we able to go past that last xp figure?

- Seems more and more people want the game lowered so they don't have to put in the required effort to get what others have. Its already bad enough that at level 80(often much lower) your just as good as any level above you granted you get the right maxed weapons and crit luck on a shot. We are on the verge of having a ton of 90's all the same with nothing to really separate them other than their xp amount. Even when we get all the prestige weapons such factors will be the only thing that separates us high levels.

- When the amount is again made easier to grind xp besides making it easier for everyone to be level 100 what is gained? Is it really fair if we are the same? Is being all level 100 and then after only separated by pure shot luck/xp amount we have all there is? Worse of all won't it be bad when this game releases to the public and they have how many high levels and 100's facing them to start off? SSL2 taught us about this and the questions above in this point show that xp earned and shot crit will be the other that will separate 100's. Its like being a Prestige 10 on 2 and then you face a Prestige 50. Nothing changed cause we are he same.

- If this idea is accepted what reward is there for those of us that put in the time to be say a 93 or whatever. Soon enough others will be our level that were below us because of this in a shorter time and we get nothing really for the extra effort we made while it has made easier for them. In that way how does that display fairness? I just brought that up as a logical question.

- Would more levels need to be added after 100 with weapons cause otherwise why go on? When everyone is the same with a maxed tank, would an extra wep really make a difference between all of us?

Al ot of these questions keep running through my head. Every time I play this game it keeps seeming so obvious this game in these ways would end up like SSl2. Its already bad enough all clans that want to be successful will be nothing but 100's one day so they can be "the best". It screams boring when their are distinctions that actually matter. It also makes me think at that time other than ego what would keep people playing this since no purpose other than 100% game completion, playing with friends, and ego?

Does anyone think of these things or do they just not care right now? Its so obvious this will be something someone will complain about in the future when we are all the same and then that "told you so" will come from a lot of people. :/

Holy2334 likes this.
  15. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

It's not going to work, especially for an extremely tiny community like this. Play, 10xp, play again, 10xp, same games, same XP, same exact gameplay for hundreds of hours just to play so-so games against two or three players. Not. Going to. Work. Since Steam now has a refund service, people won't hesitate to get their $7 back and will get other games which grant you instant enjoyment rather than spending hundreds of hours of pure grind. Gamers don't care about hard work or whatsoever, they care about how much fun they can get from the game.
    I see your point, and I understand very much that giving rewards to players is one huge part of the fun playing. However though, what some of us are trying to say is that the way this game rewards players is way too broken. As in, very awful. Instead of just unlocking insane weapons (which are pretty much the only things you get by leveling), why not some other things that makes us want to grind for, which at the same time do not affect the game balance? It could be; weapon skins, map skins and patterns, game modes, in-game background, etc. Trust me they actually are better than they sound if idea is put. I mean these are just ideas that I came up with in seconds, there are many great suggestions that Kyle could apply to the game.

Better yet, change the play style.

16. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Works for me could work for more just need more rewards for leveling perhaps.

Not these kinds of rewards maybe more damaging wepons and maps. Achivments and 2x xp weekend would make these reachable faster.

17. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Double XP would be beneficial though, for the fact that ssl2 has a double xp system through deluxe. The leveling up on ssl2 isn't really that different than steam when you think about it. Beating a maxed out tank in a 1v1 in ssl2 twice (without deluxe) would give you about the same amount of xp as beating a maxed out tank in a 1v1 match once. Points match is relatively the same as well, however I do notice that in some games I can get 500-600 xp (without deluxe) in ssl2 I also have an arsenal that can deal 100+ damage per turn as well while there isn't a whole lot of weapons you can do that with in steam. You also have to remember, to get all of the weapons through leveling up on ssl2 would require you to gather more xp than the steam version by about 200K xp, however what @Mr Bach said is pretty much right. The xp demand to go up another level at the last 7 levels becomes ridiculously high to earn 1 weapon. In ssl2 after lvl 50 it was a constant 125,000 xp to get the next weapon and, it made it seem like you were "progressing" between each level by acquiring the same weapons over again while in steam you don't do that. It's also more fair in a way because level 1 noobs can compete with lvl 1 prestige 3 peeps with some difficulty, but as long as nothing was bought it is a more fair match.

The fact that people are willing to pay a lot of money to own the most powerful weapons in the game on ssl2 rather than earn them on steam (Or in ssl2 through special offers) does urks me a bit which only shows how lazy people can get.
    This is definitely not true by any means. Maybe for a game like this, but you have this wonderful genera called "RPG" where you spend countless hours leveling up and putting a lot of work in a game just to get better at it. It actually makes people feel better that they succeeded in something by putting into the work into it rather than "Hey let's just buy my way to the top." Nobody kills a dragon when you're level 1 playing skyrim (unless your a 1337 haxx0r), they kill monsters and stuff to put work in so that they can.

In conclusion though, yes I believe 2x xp would be great for the steam version to have at some point. Not ALL of the time, but it would definitely give people incentive to get back in the game. It's the same reason why games like BTD5 has double monkey money events, or Call of Duty with their 2x xp events or World Of Tanks with their 5x xp events. Nothing really wrong with it, they are just events to keep the community engaged.