1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

XP Skill Shots

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Joy, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy

Joy Private First Class (4) Member

Sometimes when you get a x2 or a bumper/portal shot it will give you about 10 extra xp, but it takes it away in about 5 seconds. I guess its not really that big of a deal but it is a bug so I thought I'd point it out lol

Taylor likes this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Thanks for bringing this up Joy, I keep having this problem as well.

I've been told its cause the game gives you too much xp on the shot that it should of so then in a few seconds it does quick math and retracts it.

I personally hate that if its the case cause you get all excited and then it feels as if the game is cheating you out of xp.'
    So I hope that is true cause if its not I probably have a level or something lost in xp. xD

3. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Yeah... you can count the xp and you'll see the game makes correction for the extra xp it gives you... but it would be easier to just give the right ammount of xp.

Joy and Demon45 like this.
  4. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Sometimes, the game deducts more than it should. Sometimes, it removes 7 or 8 xp, and doesn't regenerate the other 2 or 3 back (xp shots are just worth 5). There is more to this. Sometimes, I just lose 10 xp for no reason, even without a screenshot. I gain only about 40 xp those games instead of 50.

Joy likes this.
  5. Joy

Joy Private First Class (4) Member

Only reason I can think of is that u may have hit yourself/teammate without noticing but I guess its possible. Now that I think about it sometimes I do get less xp in a game for some reason. Probably why.

6. Nightwing

Nightwing Staff Sergeant (8) Member

It doesnt tak emore than its supposed to ive payed close attention. Its just that say for instace you do 32 dmg, you get 4 xp right? Well no, because 2 minutes later or so the game recognizes that the +2 dmg does not equal 1xp (aka 10 dmg). So it deducts it at some odd time. Happens with x2's also. And if you ever hit a x2 before and not recieved your+5 xp, ive found the reason for that too. Every once in a while you hit a x2 and dont get +5 xp. Then your like "WTF thats BS" or "hax!". Well this doesnt happen to often but it happens too much and leaves a big dissapointment. Lets say for instance you use Burstfire to hit an opponent with a x2. You dont recieve your xp because the shot that hit the x2 didnt hit your opponent but it still causes the rest to do x2 dmg. It doesnt happen all the time but thats the reason as far as i can tell. It also applies to other multi shot weps such as smartsnipe, attractoids, needler, etc.

7. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

If that is the case, it should be reported to kChamp. His systems of calculation need adjusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.