1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

xp

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by BlackHawk36, Aug 14, 2014.

1. BlackHawk36

BlackHawk36 Private E-1 (2) Member

which match gives the most and fast xp?

2. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

1v1, dm, low wind.

BlackHawk36 likes this.
  3. xXxTnTxXx

xXxTnTxXx Brigadier General (21) Member

???

these are the best:
    [​IMG]

definitely worth it if you have the time...

also, flat maps I find best for xp.

Oh, and I was on ssl2 today c:

Mr Synikal and Taylor like this.
  4. cacadun

Don't ???? to me.
    You posted this before you even thought about it.
    Game style you suggested take very, very long time, and its equivalent to about 30 dm games or even more.
    In dm games, every time you get , kill bonus, xp you earned, round bonus, and wind bonus, sometimes even a domination bonus, and you get that 30 times, while you still havent finished game you posted.
    Also, in a 30 turn game, you'll have to use some of the weaker weps, in dm, youll already kill your opponent before you have to use em.

Bronco likes this.
  5. xXxTnTxXx

If that's so, all shot would be better?

6. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

caca is right, although i prefer without wind.
    ffa pointgames takes forever, sure are fun and give everything between 900-1600 xp (if you've got deluxe)

When I was grinding for xp the other day, I got 1500 xp from 20 minutes of playing 1v1s. pointgames takes atleast 50 min if everyone are staying throughout the game

7. xXxTnTxXx

Whatever, but the settings I show is the way how to get the most xp. 1v1s are the fastest...

8. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

its ok tnt no need to be 100% mainstream

but yeah 1 v 1

9. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

6v6 is great if you want to have a long match with people you know well, which I enjoy the most.
    1v1 gets quite boring after all. Good for a quick XP though.

BlackHawk36 likes this.
  10. BlackHawk36

BlackHawk36 Private E-1 (2) Member

thanks everyone

11. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

No, because the 0.7x multiplier would lower the xp.

12. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

1v1 DM indi shot on a flat map really is the best way to gain fast XP. I can usually get about 32 1v1 DM's which is about 150xp per game and comes out to around 4,800xp an hour. On the 30t point games you can play about 2 an hour. Most the time you can get 1,200 to 1,400 total XP pretty easily but that's still only 2,400 to 2,800 an hour vs 4,800 an hour in the 1v1's.

162xp in 2 shots on this one. Most games goes 3 or 4 shots though.

[​IMG]

BlackHawk36 and xXxTnTxXx like this.
  13. Oortcloud

Oortcloud Corporal (5) Member

The thing to keep in mind about DMG games is that your tank can be destroyed. Does you no good if you aren't winning those games. Mr. Anon, you are talking about the perfect setting - no waiting between games and winning, or at least lasting long enough to score your big weapons. You just aren't going to get those averages consistently because of those game delays. And invariably if you are with the same group of people and are constantly the winner they will gang up to take you out as quickly as possible.

I prefer those longer team point games because you can't be destroyed, subs are left behind if players quit leaving you more options on finding a target or group of them (discluding that bug where a player that times out is removed). You don't even have to win the game to score very good xp.

Both variations suffer from players that take a long time to shoot or time out as far as wasted game play. In fact, over an average you spend less time on sitters in a single long point game because you only have to wait for them to time out once vs how many point games you play where you can face that every single game. Most players, in a game where someone has obviously timed out, will elect to shoot the active players who pose a threat and let the dead tank time out so you chances of being taken out before maximizing your points is increased.

But regardless of which version of play suits you best, the #1 thing that is important in both games is just maximizing your weapon hits. In a turn game you find the person with the lowest armor or someone in the perfect position for a weapon and you can easily keep your best weapons back for that perfect shot or an x2 without worrying about being destroyed before you get a chance to fire it off. In a points game you might find yourself having to take out a zombie tank with a decent weapon rather than maximizing the dmg on someone with more hp else you risk allowing them to live and cripple/kill you. Not to mention allowing them the chance to suicide on you.

Also, in a point game you don't want people shooting at you (of course), while in a turn game - bring it on! I have max armor so if they are shooting at me they are often getting less points than if they shot someone with lower armor. Once you learn how to shoot from any position then holes or hills or bumpers are no real concern.

My favorite setting is 30 turn, team with wind. 30 turn ffa creates a setting where tanks are lost when people quit so you have less targeting opportunities. I don't play in wind often because so many people are just to inept to adjust to it so don't want it or complain and quit if its there. But even if my team looses I'm often scoring in excess of 230 pts x2 for deluxe x2 for the game setting. Winning is just a few extra bonus points.

Anyway, just my 2 cents and experience.

14. MJako

MJako Corporal (5) Member

I like both ways, the point and the dm games, both have their pros and cons. From my side I would say, it depends how many time u wanna play and how many ppl r joining. If I make a game and I got some1 after a few secs, then Im going for dm, otherwhise point battle.
    The 6ffa points mostly end up in a 3 to 5 ffa; when I wanna play a game with 6 ppl, I pref 3v3 dm.
    Wind is funny, but also scares some ppl so u have to wait, I pref for example 3 dm without wind than 2 dm with wind in the same time (these r just random numbers)

15. Mr Anonymous

You're right about it does you no good if you're not winning the games. My numbers I posted is from winning every game but maybe 2 or 3 for the hour. It is the perfect settings. I was going through 25,000 xp a day doing those. There isn't a group to gang up on you in 1v1's either so I'm not sure what you're talking about with that lol.

The 30t team point games that you like is the worse possible games to play over all for XP. Either everyone on the other team quits by turn 8 and the game ends or 1 or 2 of them does stay and then you still have to play a full out 6 player indi shot game which takes the longest of all games. You won't even be able to get 2 of those in an hour which makes your XP per hour about 1,200 to 1,400. With FFA 30t 6 player games it's not so bad.. Everytime 1 person quits, the game gets 30 turns faster to end which speeds things up a good bit and can squeeze in 2 games an hour like that.

Another thing with point games, like Cacadun has already mentioned on this thread earlier, you do not have 30 premium weapons to use every point game so you end up having to use several weaker weapons through a lot of turns. In DM's you only use your best weapons for the first 2 or 3 shots. If players is sitting through turns or taking forever to fire I will usually leave after a game or 2 and make a new one. I feel bad about booting nice people even though they are too slow, so that just doesn't seem as bad lol.

16. Oortcloud

I missed you were refering to 1 v 1 games. I just find those completely boring. Limited targeting opportunity, no chance for multihits, and the vast majority of people that play quit before it ends, especially if they take a big hit on turn 1 or 2. I used to play those alot leveling up to my first 50, but found that I leveled far faster with multiple opponents and higher scores doing the 30 turn 3 v 3. I rarely score below 200, average between 240 and 260 and occasionally hit the 350 mark. I think my highest is somewhere around 370. I just don't lose that often because I play the long game. I hold my good weapons till the right time. I always laugh when people fire off their firestorms or mega nukes on the first turn - and usually at someone who has a high level of armor. Then see them firing splitters or breakers at x2's later in the game.

Worst possible? I get that you have a preference to how you want to play, but that isn't even remotely accurate. Unless you are talking about people that can't hit anything. Then no game setup will help them. I'm making x2 xp score, you're making x1.3 xp score.

While I've been in games that really dragged on, those lasting over an hour are not common at all. My experience is 30 - 40 min as an average. Once the sitters go those remaining are generally pretty quick to fire. I hear so often people saying how they take so long, but that's just not my experience.

It's no different for you. The same averages apply to weapon draw. In a 30 turn game I'll most likely get several good damaging weapons while in a dmg battle you are less likely with only 10 slots to fill. However, since you are playing more games then you will pull about the same amount of big weapons over time. But you are still limited by the pressure of shooting before killed. Even if you draw a larger number of solid weapons you aren't going to be able to capitalize on them because your opponent will be dead. Getting 3 huge dmg dealing weaps do you no good if you kill them with the first or second one. The last one is wasted and the killing one probably didn't give you maximum points. Their hp limit your xp intake. Point games don't have that limitation.

That impatience cuts into your overall xp gain. If you quit at turn 2 or 3 because of a slow player, then by your own account you've already fired off your hardest hitting weapons so you've probably already acquired what the majority of your xp will be for that game - which you just ditched if you quit.

Anyway, difference of opinion.

17. Mr Anonymous

You took everything I said and chopped it into sound bites basically. Reminds me of fox news o_O

Ok so 30 to 40 minutes a game as you said and 240 to 260 xp per game averages out around 900 to 1000 xp per game.. you can get 1 to 2 games an hour at 30 to 40 minutes if you're lucky. That's only 1,800 to 2,000 xp an hour if you're lucky. In the 1v1 games it's easy to get double what you're getting an hour. Get all the x2's and multi hits you want in your games, it's still not near as fast as 1v1's. Sure you get the same weapons in 30t point games and DM's, the fact that you only use the good weapons in the DM's and you have to use the bad weapons along with the good in the points cancels out the point you're trying to make on that. For every 30 - 40 minutes you spend trying to make 900 - 1000 XP, just 6 or 7 quick 1v1 DM's could have already had that same 900 to 1000 xp in 2 to 4 shots per game.

Just read what everyone else here has said about the 1v1's as well. Just because you find them boring or don't like them, does not make any less than what they are, the fastest XP possible. I went through a few of my prestiges in 6 days from level 1 to 50 and wasn't able to play that much due to my gf getting pissed at me for playing to much lol. Anyways, I've completely explained everything that I am going to explain to you.

arvidh likes this.
  18. Oortcloud

Or simply broke it down into succinct portions in order to better address the discussion. If anything is like Fox News it would be presenting some inconsequential sound bite like this as if it means something.

Well lets just do that math then.

I'll use 2 40 minute games for myself, and 7 quicky games for you. I'll take the low end of my 240 to 260 average, 240. I'll take the score from your video above as your average - 58.

So 240 x2 (for deluxe) x2 (for the game setting) would be 960 xp/game. 2 games like that yields 1,920 xp for my 2 game session. We won't even bother with the win points or other points issued in the game even tho I would most likely see slightly more for the longer game. You have 58 x2 (deluxe) x 1.3 (game setting) which comes out to 150.8 xp/game (as you claimed in your initial post). You had 7 of them so that totals out to 1055.6 xp for your session. I'll round it up to 1056. So its you generating 1056 in 7 games lasting around 9 minutes each while I'm generating 1920 in 2 games lasting 40 min each.

But wait! My 2 games go over 1 hour. By 20 minutes. Maybe I got my best shots in early, maybe they came later. It's hard to say really. So I'll just break down my session time in 20 minute increments. 2 games at 40 minutes is 80 minutes. That's four 20 minute increments. To equalize our play duration to 1 hour I would have to subtract 20 minutes worth of scoring, or 1/4 of the score. 25% of my 1920 xp points would be 480 xp points. Subtracted from my total yields 1,440 pts. Which is still much larger than your avg of 1056. I'm making 27% more xp than you over the average playing time of 1 hour. 45% more if you count the entirety of my 2 games.

Maybe I'm exaggerating my scoring average. So what score would I need in 2 games in order to get higher than your average? If you average a 7 game yield of 1056 then I would have to make at least 1408 to match you (remember, I have to slash 25% so have to take the time into account when figuring the score of my 2 games). So I need to avg 704 pts per game. Divide by 2 for the game setting is 352 and divided by 2 for deluxe is 176. So I would have to make at least 176 xp to match your avg. I don't mean to be arrogant or a braggart, but I can't recall when I've scored that low in a 30 turn team point game any time recently.

Perhaps I've done the math wrong? I've tried to use the numbers we've both provided. If I've erred please point it out, but unless you can find something I missed, your method of play is certainly not the best way to maximize xp gain for the time your play.

And I too can prestige in a day if I dedicate the day to solid play. That really has no bearing on which method is most effective. Someone playing 1 v 1 50 hp game with lousy xp bonus can probably do it if they can cram in enough games and have nothing to do for an entire 24 hour period.

I was willing to just let this go as a difference of opinion and play styles, but well, you seem intent on showing your method as the best method and frankly the math just doesn't show it.

19. cacadun

Math is right, however..
    If you get bad weps in the 30 turn game, youll have to stick with it, and play with them entire game, and because of that youll waste time, that happens, at least to me, very often.
    And if you get bad weps in dm game, it doesnt matter since youll get killed by your opponent.

Attached Files:

• ww.png
      ww.png
      File size:
      49 KB
      Views:
    Mr Anonymous likes this.
  20. Oortcloud

But again, the dmg game is limited by the hp of the other tank. Unless they are catching a lot of boxes with armor in them to keep them alive you are only getting a finite amount of xp from hits before their health runs out. If you are killing them in 2 shots (as Mr. Anonymous's animation above shows) then regardless of what you fire on that second shot you are losing xp. I can get as much points/xp as any weapon can squeeze out on every shot. So even ending with small weapons doesn't hurt me overall - and just to clarify, i'd be using some of those crap weapons earlier to either herd, alter landscape or pinpoint shots for other more damaging weapons to hit better or be fired at x2's or stacks.

21. Mr Anonymous

Two 40 minute games is more than 1 hour and my math for 7 quick 1v1 games vs 1 of your 40 minute games. My Average XP for the GIF I posted was not 58xp either, it was 162 xp in only 2 shots. If you're going to do the "math" then you have to count the total XP made. I can do 14 of the 1v1 games in about 20 minutes and get the same XP as your 2 40 minute games that takes you an hour and 20 minutes. to get. 20 minutes in 1v1 DM's vs an hour and twenty minutes in point games to get the same / equal XP.

If you take 9 minutes to do a 1v1 DM, you're doing it wrong. I showed my game was 2 shots which takes no longer than 2 minutes. Some does go up to 4 shots at most which takes 3 to 4 minutes per game. I've already said I can get 32 1v1 DM games in 1 hour on average and usually can average 4,200 to 4,800 XP an hour depending on who I'm playing against.

There is no way in hell you could ever prestige in 1 day doing 3v3 30t team point games. There is not enough hours in the day and never will be. It takes 122,500 XP to go from level 1 to level 50, you would need at least 122 games a day which would take you a total of 61 hours if they only lasted 30 minutes per game lol. So unless you can some how play 61 hours worth of games in 24 hours, it's never going to happen.

What level and what prestige are you? How much total XP do you have? Where are you on the leaderboards?

Again, you're taking bits and pieces of what I say and leaving out most of the other things I say to get what you want instead of what I'm saying. You're math was wrong and I pointed it out again for a 3rd time now. If you're not going to bother reading what I'm saying, then this is pointless to explain to you.

The question asked on this thread was what's the best/fastest way to gain XP and several of us has answered with 1v1's for a reason. You're giving him and others bad advice that will lead to him taking much longer to level than needed. That is the only reason I am still posting on here, to save people time and show them the right way if they want to level as fast as possible.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    cacadun, arvidh and Mr Synikal like this.
  22. arvidh

"No, but [.....]" - No, 1v1s are the fastest way to gain xp. Period. Mr Anon have made it perfectly clear, really gone to the depth when it comes to details. ^^

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  23. Oortcloud

I accounted for that by subtracting 25% of my total score.

Your own animation shows "In Game XP 58". I then multiplied it by deluxe bonus, x2, and then multiplied it by the xp multiplier bonus given for a 1v1, 300hp game, which is x1.3. That totaled out to 150.8 which *matched* the same amount you claimed as average in your first post - although you simply said 150. I'm not sure where you got the 162xp, unless you were including the game win bonuses, which I specifically left out so that we could judge this by pure xp made. If you want to bother adding in the end game win/lose bonus then be my guest. I don't know what mine would be offhand, but would wager that while it was a bit higher than one of your single quick games bonuses your collection of quick games would add up to slightly more. However, I doubt it really adds much to the overall xp gain. An additional 100 or 200 xp over several games as a guess.

So now you are getting players, starting the game and completing them in about 100 seconds? Because 14 games in 20 minutes equates to 1.4 minutes for each game. Not only are you moving the goal posts because the very numbers you stated as your average show your claims to be wrong, you are now quoting some pretty unbelievable numbers. I was trying to be polite by not calling out that initial claim of 4,800 xp per hour claim, but it seems that you are being pretty fast and loose with some numbers.

Not every game going to be played out in that amount of time. I've sat awaiting 1 v 1 games before. Some people join soon as you create, other times you have to wait several minutes. Quite often people join, then leave. It all burns valuable time to get to the next game. Time that I don't lose in a single longer game.

Surely you can see how unbelievable it is to claim you are *averaging* less than 2 min games over a prolonged period? I can see *some* games going that fast, but that enough of them (or faster ones) to make that an average just doesn't sound legit. Well, unless you are running bot games, not that I'm accusing you of that, but its the only way that I can see that panning out. The human element alone just makes these numbers pretty unbelievable.

I will concede that I have an older computer that suffers from some lag. Generally when the game starts the move clock is already ticked down to 5 or 4 seconds left. I very rarely get to use all my fuel on the first turn before time runs out. I also experience being kicked out of a room before the room even loads. So maybe my perspective on how streamlined one can get going, get playing and get reset isn't as quick as your setup may be. But still ... 32 games averaging about 1 minute 50 secs? Because that's what 32 games over 60 minutes translates to. 60 / 32 = 1.88 min.

You are correct. I wasn't making a plain statement here, just going on the assumption that I misinterpreted from what you wrote, explained further below.

122 games at an avg of 40 min a game would be 81 hours. But I don't quite think you got the math right. If I'm averaging 1440 xp per game (taking into consideration that extra 20 min from 2 40 min games), then it would take 85 games to reach 122,500 (122500 / 1440 = 85.07). At 40 min a game that works out to 3400 minutes, divided by 60 minutes in an hour would be about 57 hours. Not 122 games. Not 81 hours.

I'm pointing this out not because I'm arguing I can level from 1 to 50 in a day, but to show you how atrocious your fast and loose math is. You made the statement that you did this in 6 days and I have to concede that at the time I misread that to say you had done it 6 times and it only took a day for each. I didn't bother to check the math on it and while at the time I was thinking it seemed a bit far fetched I didn't bother to verify it. I based my statement on what I thought you were saying considering that 30 turn point games generate more XP than 1 v 1 dmg games.

But then again, my point about a long dedicated session to level up having no bearing on which method produces the best xp still stands true. Sometimes I play a few games a day, sometimes I won't even bother to play and only log in for the daily coin count and others I put in a few hours at different times of the day. A week to 2 weeks to prestige seems about normal to me, although I haven't tracked it. Quite often I'll stay at level 50 for a few days just to have access to those higher level weapons. I'm in no hurry to level unless a new prestige weapon is introduced.

I'm prestige 8. Currently level 26. I'm not nor never have been on the leader board - which I believe anyone will agree are rather dodgy anyway. Currently I have about 1.14 million xp points. How does this validate your argument? You play the game with longer sessions? That makes you right? All it really shows is that you could have had a whole lot more xp than you currently have if you weren't so latched onto thinking your play settings were optimal. But if you are happy and content with the mode you play who am I to argue? But your claim that it is the best way to make xp doesn't hold water.

Such as? I believe I've addressed the pertinent things you've said. If there was something specific I missed then do please point it out and I'll address it. I think that I've shown twice now that if I misread something I've got the integrity to admit it.

Uhm, no you didn't. You've been a bit wishy washy on what your avg values are and I went with the ones you presented when you first responded to me - I felt that the veracity of your initials claims was questionable. Where you showed my "math is wrong" escapes me. Even the guy you referenced (Cacadun) acknowledge my math was right. However I've shown a couple times where your math didn't work out.

Ironic when you earlier stated "You took everything I said and chopped it into sound bites" and referenced Fox News. I've been trying to address everything you've been saying. You haven't really done anything more than double down or divert into something that isn't really related. I know you think your method is better for the best xp, but the math just doesn't support that. Like I said, if that's how you like to play then enjoy the game. I have the patience to make the bigger xp, which the math supports. And if the math is faulty, just show me exactly where.

24. Oortcloud

He's presented some pretty sketchy averages, pulls numbers out of the air, has had his math shown to be wrong several times and produces far less xp from the proven math and he's "really gone to the depth when it comes to details"?

o_O

25. arvidh

Lol, you really keep going huh..
    For a person that don't know how to arc all his shots, I played 1v1s for twenty minutes last week, and I gained 1600 xp.

And then Mr Anon knows how to arc, that does help, a lot. And then you have to take account for all the possible x2s in game, and/or crits if you you've got the reinforced barrel, wich I have.
    My average xp from 1v1s are ~120 (with all bonuses included)

And still, the question made in this thread was the fastest AND best way, that meaning 1v1 is the fastest _and_ best way. So theres no reason to rant about 30turn ffa games are fast, because they aren't.

Mr Anonymous likes this.