1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

xp

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by BlackHawk36, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Oortcloud

Oortcloud Corporal (5) Member

Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but if so, where in the world would you get that?

Playing 11 games in 20 minutes - That's less than 2 minutes per game. Maybe you guys are just getting confused here. We are talking about the average time it takes in 1 hour of playing. Once the game is up and people are ready to shoot, sure, a 2 or 3 shot kill can be done with 2 players that don't waste time. But there is the time lost in finding opponents, the opening sequence, selecting weapons, moving tanks, changing angle, the duration of the shot and its effect, and the ending sequence. I'm not buying the 2 min per game average claim.

[qyote]And then Mr Anon knows how to arc, that does help, a lot.[/quote]

We've already established that the most important part of gaining xp is consistently hitting your targets.

As do I, but is another inconsequential point to the discussion topic.

Actually, the exact wording is "which match gives the most and fast xp?" "way" has nothing to do with it, although I have said a few times now that if people prefer specific game settings then that's one thing, but the 1 v 1 math doesn't add up to the claim and simply doesn't compare to 30 turn point game. It doesn't matter how many people say it or believe it the math just doesn't pan out. And I've already stated that if my math is wrong, show me.

Forgive me for not just taking your word on this when the facts show otherwise. And I'm not promoting ffa. I've clearly stated, 30 turn team point game. If you can't disprove the math I've presented or offer anything that can validate consistent games played in less than 2 minutes then it is not I doing the ranting.

2. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

We've already established that the most important part of gaining xp is consistently hitting your targets.

As do I, but is another inconsequential point to the discussion topic.

Actually, the exact wording is "which match gives the most and fast xp?" "way" has nothing to do with it, although I have said a few times now that if people prefer specific game settings then that's one thing, but the 1 v 1 math doesn't add up to the claim and simply doesn't compare to 30 turn point game. It doesn't matter how many people say it or believe it the math just doesn't pan out. And I've already stated that if my math is wrong, show me.

Forgive me for not just taking your word on this when the facts show otherwise. And I'm not promoting ffa. I've clearly stated, 30 turn team point game. If you can't disprove the math I've presented or offer anything that can validate consistent games played in less than 2 minutes then it is not I doing the ranting.[/quote]

Didn't mean you in particular, it might've come out wrong. I'm sure you know how to arc.
    I forgot to add that I played the same guy that time, he had close to nothing armor-wise. We both clicked skip after each game and ready very fast.
    I have my selected few that I play with in 1v1s, making it last 2, tops 3 minutes per game.
    Changing angles don't take much time for me, and I always choose my weapons during the opponent's turn.

Also, I don't know Mr anonymous case, but for me there's a deluxe bonus as well.

I think the only way for us to prove to you we're right is to actually play against you.
    Although I can't now, since I'm at work and typing this from my cellphone. Add us in game, same names there as here. :)
    I think anonymous has a better way to prove it to ya, since he's better than me.

I know I don't replied on everything you wrote, sorry for that but since I'm at work, shouldn't be typing here at all :D

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  3. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

You're trying to tell me my math is wrong but you can't even add the XP up in the gif correctly. I don't know why you keep saying 150.8 xp but it is 162 xp if you could add correctly.

58 + 8 + 15 + 81 = 162

Since you can't read past the first line I will break it down as simple as I can for you.

1v1 DM. 162 xp in 2 to 4 shots takes 2 minutes give or take a few seconds per game. That is 30 games an hour.

162 x 30 = 4,860 an hour.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    3v3 30t team. 1,400 xp in 40 minutes.

1,400 x 2 = 2,800 an hour and 20 minutes.

Simple math.

In order for you to match 1v1 XP, you would need to get 430+ XP in game and come out with at least 1,900 XP and both games for that hour would need to take 30 minutes or less. Getting over 400 in game XP is not easy at all, it took me a very long time to break that 400 mark. I still play 30t FFA's but it's just for fun and leveling weapons up, not for the XP. If I want XP I do 1v1.

As Arvidh said, add either of us in game and I can show you how fast a 1v1 is and how fast I can gain XP.

Thanks to @arvidh too for trying to explain to this guy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    AlmostSoClose and arvidh like this.
  4. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

Wow, that was hard, also you didnt mentioned that in 6p game, someone is always afk for a turn witch leads to quitting players...
    Its a real pain to play 30t 6p, at least to me.

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  5. AlmostSoClose

AlmostSoClose Sergeant Major (12) Member

I actually did an hour of playing for both 1v1 300 HP DM and 30 turn points...
    I got about 6,400 XP for the DMs and about 3,500 for the points...
    In the end of most of the point battles the person left, which made me mad, and made the calculations a bit wonky...
    I was gonna do 6 player ffa but decided that would be boring and only be about 1 match lol, which is like 600 - 1,200 xp (depending on how lucky I am...)
    I had the most fun doing the 30 turns imo tbh. :p
    DMs got really, really boring, but prove to be the fastest!

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  6. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Oortocloud said he plays his pointbattles with teams, just because of the bigger multiplier. Personally, I can't stand those due to some teammates stacking etc. Also, less points to be made if you only got three players to fire at. But that's just an opinion.
    What me and Mr anonymous said is facts. :p.

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  7. Mr Anonymous

Lol yeah I had went through that part of the point games in the first or second post with him but he ignores most of everything we tell him. He is also claiming the 30t team games which is the worse to me because you're stuck with a sub tank even after they quit the game so it's still going to take the full amount of time of a 6 player game firing 180 shots 1 at a time. I don't mind the 30t FFA's as much and usually let 1 to 3 noobs join so they will quit and we get a much faster game with the same 6 player XP bonus. Also with team games, it always gives the lower levels the subs and they usually miss most their shots and/or team shoot you. 30t point games rarely ever makes it to turn 30 anyways due to everyone on the other team quitting before turn 10 lol.

cacadun likes this.
  8. Oortcloud

Oortcloud Corporal (5) Member

And again, I stated I wasn't adding in the win/lose round points and was using ONLY the xp generated in the game.

58 x 2 (deluxe) x 1.3 (game settings) equal 150.8. That's the XP you generated with your hits. That's the XP you get REGARDLESS if you win or lose the game.

I've never challenged the math. What I have challenged and doubted is the claim to play 60+ games an hour as an average. Consistent 2 min games seemed very improbable. However, I've finally had the opportunity to test it out and have to concede that you aren't exaggerating.

So I'll concede I was wrong and now bow out.

JohannZim and arvidh like this.
  9. Mr Anonymous

Nobody has ever claimed to play 60 games an hour. I said 30 games an hour. I've done 32 games an hour but on average it's about 30 games give or take 1 or 2. It's just getting a decent player to join that skips the ending credits and hits ready as fast as you and a flat map makes shots much faster when all you do is point and click lol. Glad you got to test it out and see what everyone meant too.

10. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

At least BlackHawk got the best XP gaining analyst possible. xD lol

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  11. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I didnt read half of those post... so long posts :confused: but yeah... fastest way 1vs1 DM as everyone said.

Mr Anonymous likes this.