1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Zombie Mode!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xXTacocubesXx, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Does "zombie mode" sound like a good gamemode to you?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2015.
  1. Hell yeah! I'm for it all the way!

42.9%
  2. Not bad. Needs quite a bit of tweaking. But sure, I'll vote for it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eh, I don't really care whether it's in the game or not.

14.3%
  4. Nah, it doesn't really cater to my tastes or it just plain wouldn't work out or it doesn't fit in.

42.9%
  5. Disgusting.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I sorta "came up with" a new possible game mode for ssl steam called Zombie Mode. It's really not original at all and I don't know if anyone else has suggested this before (I'll take down this thread if I'm copying someone else's idea!), but I still think this could be a pretty neat addition to the game! I think the way this mode could work is this:

First of all, the minimum number of players should be 3. The number may have to be raised up to maybe 4 or 5 as I forsee that may not work out that well. Friendly fire will probably have to be turned off. Players who are not zombies might have up to maybe 200 or 300 hp? I have no idea. I want this game to be up there with deathmatch and assassin, so I want the xp multiplier value to reflect that desire.

So the game starts off with a single randomly chosen proto-zombie. The rest of the players are normal, healthy tanks. The starting zombie will definitely need some extra health (Amount of health depends on number of players) perhaps and a special zombie tank color. Like brown or orange or something? Zombies will probably still have the same arsenal as regular tanks, but it would be so cool to have special "zombie" themed weapons in the game, hmm? The zombie has to infect other tanks by "killing them". But when he kills a tank, the tank doesn't die, it instead becomes a zombie! Healthy tanks aren't killed, but zombies can be killed! Newly infected zombies may or may not have extra health, it may be difficult to figure out how to balance this game well. So the goal of the zombies is to infect all the healthy tanks before they are killed off and they win. But the goal of the healthy tanks is to have at least one survivor and kill the zombie(s?) before they can be infected and they win. The starting zombie may get a little proto-zombie xp bonus at the end. Players who are turned into zombies may get a bonus as well, and will get a victory bonus if they win. If there are survivors at the end, they will get a special survivor bonus as well as a victory bonus since they obviously won. If there is only one lone survivor, he will get an additional special lone wolf bonus or something.

Problems: There are some things that may hurt the fairness and balance of the game. The outcome of the game may be determined by the lvl of players and the lvl and skill of the proto-zombie. The outcome may also be determined by who the proto-zombie decides to infect first and who the rest of the zombies decides to infect (Could this be a problem or just strategy?). Everyone may not get a fair amount of xp depending on what goes down in the match. The increasing flood of zombies will make it increasingly difficult for the remaining weakened survivors to survive (Unless the survivors were good enough to control the zombie population! Could be another skill/ strategy thing). The gameplay style of shellshock live may simply not make it possible for this mode to be successful.

I won't be surprised if this mode doesn't work out. But remember, we're still in beta and I believe we should be open to try crazy new things! Be sure to comment below to tell me your thoughts and any ways this idea could be improved! Heck, that could be it. Maybe this game just isn't crazy enough!

2. LIGHTNING

LIGHTNING Corporal (5) Member

The zombies should not get more health... I don't really think this is a good game mode as much as a good new team type! Right not we only have FFA and a normal two team deal, adding a zombie team style that can be used with other team-compatible games would be fairly epic though if you could balance it right to avoid trolling! :D

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  3. xXTacocubesXx

Okay. I figured at least the proto-zombie should get extra health so he's not killed right away before he even has a chance to kill and infect someone! I think what should happen is that new zombies have less health so that way they're not unkillable with only a few survivors left. I think you know what I meant about the whole new game mode deal. It's a new mode, but it's listed under "team" like you said.

4. LIGHTNING

Oh very good then! :D
    Um I might not understand how players are infected then... What happens do get them that way?

5. xXTacocubesXx

Okay! To infect a healthy tank, a zombie must bring down the tank's health to 0. When it gets to that point, the tank will turn into a zombie and its health will regenerate to however much health a zombie is supposed to have. Its new goal now is to infect the rest of the healthy tanks with the help of any other zombie teammates until it's killed!

Blue Phantom likes this.
  6. LIGHTNING

Um, the + Quote button does not seem to work...
    Anyway, alright! I like that idea...

7. xXTacocubesXx

Haha, no problem! I figured it'd be pretty neat becuase of how rewarding and fun this mode could be. And players aren't necessarily penalized if they happen to be the one the zombie chose to infect. Balancing this mode will definitely be an issue. I'm pretty sure Juggernaut was hard enough! I'm also worried this mode won't really fit in with the game. But I'm desperate for something crazy yet familiar to be added in this game! Maybe it's time we went a little outside the box.

8. LIGHTNING

:D Oh, I just had an idea... Okay, here is what we do. I have an idea for ninja mode, you have an idea for zombie mode, we make http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/zombie-ninjas/ our theme song, (my top ten favorites), and get Songs To Wear Pants To to make three new victory songs for SSL! :D
    Most likely will never happen (unless you actually like the idea :eek: ), but it is just the first thing that came to mind seeing as how we have zombies and ninjas being talked about here... :p

9. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

This idea already is in other games like cod called "infected" the more players the better like 20

10. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Does it matter?

11. xXTacocubesXx

Notice how I said this mode is not original AT ALL. Then again, is much of anything about this whole game original?

12. xXTacocubesXx

omg combine our two gametypes together and it becomes zombies who are invisible! o_O

13. Batgirl

The gameplay is the same lol

14. xXTacocubesXx

The same as ssl2, the same as ssl1. Very similar to pocket tanks.

15. Batgirl

I meant your mode and infected

16. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

Its a great idea!
    Need one tweak:
    There should be a deathmatch pre-game. The winner can be the zombie in the main game. It should never be left to chance.
    But it's a great idea!

17. xXTacocubesXx

Eh, I just want it to be a single round, just like every other game mode. I think everyone deserves a chance to be the proto-zombie. Just like juggernaut.

18. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

That's your decision. I have mine

19. xXTacocubesXx

It's pretty much the whole community's decision to decide what they like. This is just an idea. And it's kChamp's ultimate decision on what the rules of each new gamemode are.