1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Are you going to compensate us kChamp??

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Astro_Break, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Astro_Break

Astro_Break New Born (1) Member

The problems with the servers is now getting really annoying. I have been disconnected out of games in which I had a lot of gears and XP numerous times. It is even more annoying to get disconnected when you are really having fun. Today I got disconnected from an intense juggernaut match, in which, I not only had a lot of gears and XP but also used tons of items. Those items have now been wasted for no apparent reason and by no fault of my own. I played 5 games today, and got disconnected from every one of them. Those are 2 hours completely wasted. I had a cumulative of 40 gears and close to 700 XP in those games, not to mention the wasted items. If this continues, then this game is going to lose a lot of loyal players. Also, I would like to point out how gears earned during a match do not get collected till it ends but items used dont follow that rule.

I am not an expert on servers or networks, so I don't know how difficult of a problem this is to solve. But i feel like the developer does not care anymore. I am sorry if you are trying to solve it kChamp, but I just feel that way. I know this game is still in early access, and this is exactly the kind of problems we should be expecting, but the feeling of being let down by the game when this happens just cannot be avoided. Just open the steam discussions page, and this can be confirmed. As on the date of me making this thread, there are tons of posts on there regarding this problem.

I feel that, once the servers are fixed for good, and the game gets officially released, everyone who downloaded the game in early access should be compensated for facing this problem, and all other small problems. It can also be a "thank you for helping in developing the game" reward. It can be in the form of gears, XP or Items or even a combination of all three. It should NOT be something that you cannot obtain in the game normally, as that can cause new players to feel left out. It should just be something that makes us completely forget every time we felt let down by the game. You know whats a good reward - God Rays ;):p(just kidding).

If kChamp is reading this and feels like this is a good idea, then please make an official announcement telling players that you are planning to do this, as it will ease the frustration they are feeling. After today, I nearly felt like quitting the game (I am not though), but I feel a lot of other players might. Please dont let this one problem ruin an otherwise awesome game, and find a solution asap.

2. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Without reading that text wall (no offense) I can tell you based on the title, not a snowballs chance in hell ^.^

Taylor, xXTacocubesXx and Awesume like this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi!I'll give you a suggestion,just play other games for some time then after 3/4 months start to play SSL back.It is a great game but i needs more and,seeing the update rate,the best thing you can do is to wait and probably everything will be fixed

4. Astro_Break

Astro_Break New Born (1) Member

Well, developers have been known to give compensations before. Just look at Rockstar with GTA 5. When GTA 5 online was release, it had tons of problems with its servers, with players getting disconnected all the time. So, once they solved the problem, they gave every player 2.5 million in-game currency as a compensation. I don't see why kChamp cannot do the same.

Staple likes this.
  5. MythicalRainbowPumpkins

MythicalRainbowPumpkins Unconfirmed Member

The thing is that GTA V is a triple A title meaning they have lots of people working on the game and they have a lot more money to be able to fix the issues. Shellshock live is a indie game in which is only being developed by one person, kchamp. So it's a bit more difficult than you think.

6. MeowrPower

This ^^^^
    And also kyle already did compensate people in a way, when he cut the price of the game in half (from €16ish to what it is now) he gave everyone that bought it full price an in game icon (which is now gone) and 500 gears (which are now useless to most people who got them as we have so many anyway o.o

7. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

I got neither of these

8. MeowrPower

It was probably also within a certain time frame so :p

9. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Bugger, I never noticed such icon :(
    I WANTS MY ICON BACK!!!!1