1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Clan System

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by kChamp, May 4, 2014.

1. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

That's the one thing I respectfully disagree on. 80 tc for a tank is too much for a lot of clan members out there. I think having it range from 20-45 would be better, since that way more people would be able to buy it, and it will be the same, if not better revenue.

2. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

I like that idea. I actually was saying that the clan as a whole, or just the leader, would buy the custom tank, and then anybody in that clan could use that specific clan tank- the tanks would all be the same too. That way, it's 80 coins for 1 person (or the whole clan) and the rest get to benefit from it. But, it could be individually bought too like you said.

serbia98, Taylor and Hells Fury like this.
  3. Tank 1337

Tank 1337 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Here's my thoughts on how a clan should be made/ran

1. Buy a charter (50-100 Tank Coins depending on how many features your clan will have)
    2. Get the charter 'signed' by 5-10 (again, dependent on how many clan features you want) other, legitimate players
    3. (this one is a stretch) Get you clan approved by some sort of moderator/admin ?
    4. From the 5-10 others who signed the charter, they can either choose to join the clan for free, or leave
    5. Costs 10-25 coins to join a clan normally (must be approved to join by the leader(s))

Then of course the leader(s) can buy 'upgrades' or perks for the clan, like more max. members, a higher ranked clan (more features), more custom maps, custom tanks, better emblems, etc..

4. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

the clan leader would get benefits like if they had max people in there clan one would get 2-4 tank coins if they stay active

xXxTnTxXx and Tank 1337 like this.
  5. Tank 1337

Like the leader(s) get a fraction of the .33 coins the members get each day for logging in, as long as it's a consecutive 3 days. I like that idea :)

xXxTnTxXx likes this.
  6. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

Paying to join I strongly disagree.
    It's enough that founder pay to make a clan.

7. Gamemaster22

Gamemaster22 Sergeant (7) Member

hmm maybe a tab for the leader to make games only for there clan and a different font for the clan games or a clan page in the game with the members and leaders and a tab if a person wants to join and it takes it to the forums sign up page to join that clan

8. Tank 1337

Well maybe if you get a clan maxed out, certain discounts become available? Maybe even your daily log in bonus can be doubled, or items can be added to that fund. So many possibilities. I really think that's the way to do it though, paying the coins upfront, then as long as you remain loyal, your return is greater than what you paid. This way, people may feel compelled to pay right away, then reap the benefits later.

9. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

have events for the clan(s) that would have say 400 hp or 500 and have x3

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Another idea would be to have the clans originate in the forums. I know other places that do this.

That way, all clans could be evaluated and more easily seen as fake or not. In-Game mods would probably be necessary to maintain the clans.

I am against all paying ideas to begin or enter a clan, were it to be originated from the forums.

11. Tank 1337

That would fix the problem of being approved by moderators
    I don't really think that paying Tank Coins is a huge deal for joining a clan, considering Tank Coins are awarded every three days...
    Even if it were 5 coins to join, those coins could go for upgrades for the clan, getting the funds back to the members over time.

12. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Its nice Tasty Tanks and DH will finally get real.
    It sure would make clans on the forum easy to use.
    I would like it if they had a maximum of 30. I say that cause We have a max of 24 and DH has 27 currently.

xXxTnTxXx and jgalloway64 like this.
  13. Tank 1337

I could see why people don't feel the idea of paying to join a clan...but hey, you gotta think of it as a way kC can get some revenue also. Also I think paying to join a clan (even if it's just a tiny bit of coins), shows devotion, it also acts as a prevention for it to be abused. Maybe a better idea would be to join a clan for free, but that type of clan doesn't have near the features that other clans do, like their own leader boards, or an emblem. But of course donations could be a feature, so the leader(s) could upgrade the clan, and people could get rewards from it.

jgalloway64 and xXxTnTxXx like this.
  14. AlmostSoClose

AlmostSoClose Sergeant Major (12) Member

Clan should be implemented into the game. It would make clanning a lot easier for everyone, and, gets the in game people, who don't come onto the forums, involved into clanning as well.
    Maybe at a clan tab beside your friend list (if that hasn't been suggested yet).

EDIT: Meh paying for it makes a little bit of sense, but it's free here, and it serves for your hard work I suppose... :p

Taylor likes this.
  15. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

It's enough that leader pay like 80 coins to make a clan, and people who would join would have to be approved by founder.
    Also clan battles, and coin bets, will make the clan to buy coins if not have enough.
    [edit] I agree it should be paid to start a clan

xXxTnTxXx likes this.
  16. DT_

DT_ Private E-1 (2) Member

It would be better if the coins the leader gets from other players joining the clan to be put in a different account, the clan's account, so it's not added to his account which might make people just go make some fake accounts and get free coins from it, on the other hand having it as another account would only allow the leaders to buy the custom tank or whatever else for the whole clan by saving for it from the coins he got from other players joining, or if someone wants to donate to the clan's account.
    Also, when the clan is officially made, maybe like a new shop is unlocked for the members but only the leader can buy items for the clan (it can be seen by members but they can't buy things, just to let them suggest items on the leader)

17. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I play this game called Castle Clash and they have this Guild System. Players apply to join the guild, the leader accepts or declines the application. Once the player is accepted by the guild, he/she has the option to donate a tribute to the Guild, ths tribute will be used for the Guild's benefit. For example, to increase the maximum amount of members.

So I was thinking that we could have a similar system with donated Tank Coins to be spent on Custom Tanks, Custom Emblems, Maximum Amount of Members, maybe even Clan Weapons (Not overpowered). That way, we can benefit as a clan, intent on growing as a clan, focused on survival as a clan.

Let me know what you think :)

18. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

If it does cost tc to join, the players that get kicked from the clan should get the tc's refunded to them, while those who leave by choice shouldn't.

19. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I forgot to mention that a rank system should be added. If the player has not decided to donate Tank Coins then they receive the title of Recruit with no benefits. If they donate 5 Tank Coins they claim the title of Private with the bonus of +5 Armor in Clan Battles (nothing major that gives unfair advantages.

Commander (10 Tank Coins) - +10% Armor
    Veteran (30 Tank Coins) - +25% Armor, +10% Fuel
    And so forth.

Maybe also allow Leaders to appoint Vice-Leaders to deal with applications and purchasing clan privilages?

Azel123 likes this.
  20. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Gee, for how long have I been saying this should be a thing? I mean "clans" right now are practically useless, other than to form loose cliques and friendships.

Add a way to have clan icons and a way to invite people to clans and whatnot and it's good to go.

Azel123 and jgalloway64 like this.
  21. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

For most of us, Clans are challenges and most of us don't take it TOO serious.

Azel123 and jgalloway64 like this.
  22. Dryykon

Personally I don't think clans should be overly complicated. I don't think TC should be involved.

What I think they should have:

1. A clan name with a specific color and color border for that name. (Such as, DH may have a green color letter with a black border around it.) That clan name would be the person's name wherever they go, such as in lobby or in the game room. (However, in game, only the color of the letter would follow, not the border, as there aren't enough pixels to look normal.) When that players name is hovered over, it would show which clan they were in.

[​IMG]
    (terrible I know, but we all can't be Tap Water. Best I could do with Paint and Powerpoint.)
    [​IMG]

2. Next to Chat, Leaders and Earn there would be a Clan tab. This tab would have three sub tabs:

a. Clans: Would have a list of clans ordered by the amount of all the member's combined XP (or ranked by a round robin tourny). Would show how many are in the clan.

b. My Clan: This enters you to a page which shows the name of your clan, the leader(s) of your clan (along with a founder), and a list of members ordered by XP.

(A leader of a clan has the following options: Add Member, Remove Member. A founder has two more options: Add Leader, Remove Leader. This is done similar to adding friends, the name is simply typed in, then receiver confirms.)

c. Join a Clan: This links you to the clan area of the forums. There, clans determine how someone gets into their clan as usual. Clans would have to be set up by kChamp or other in-game mods who would have specific control over the clan section. This way, clans won't get out of hand and clans can add/remove members as they see fit.

[​IMG]

23. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

@brandis, It looks great it kind of looks somewhat to how i imagined it would look like!

24. Dryykon

Thanks! That took far longer than I would like to admit. I guess I should have used GIMP.

25. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

Nice job, brandis! Looks really great :)