1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Climbing out of "digger" holes

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by kyobe, Jun 6, 2014.

1. kyobe

kyobe New Born (1) Member

I'm max traction and whenever someone uses digger on me, I can't even get out.

I just played a game with someone named bugfan who climbed out of a deep digger hole. I asked him how and he joked about it. I told him I have max traction and it's not even possible. He continued to avoid it.

Unless I'm missing something, he's cheating.

2. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

I don't think he is cheating, i can't give u satisfying answer too, it just sometimes u can climb out and sometimes u can't, depends on where exactly the digger hit ur tank ( like hit the front, the back or right in the middle) and maybe depends on the shape of terrain u were standing on.

3. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Sometimes when you can't get out straight from the front of the hole, you can from the back. If still stuck then it goes along the lines of what banna said.

4. kyobe

but the thing is, he went up the steepest side. The other side was less of an angle and even then max traction wouldn't be able to get out of. He went up the straight up side which is impossible with max traction

5. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Try to play against him again and probably make a little film showing him climbing the steep wall. It will probably help. I also doubt that he is hacking since I sometimes can get out of deep holes too.

Taylor likes this.
  6. kyobe

I left the game after playing with him. And I don't have a good video program

7. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

It really depends as banna said. Max Traction can only do so much...I would say it can only climb hills with 88 degrees or less. No more than that. Maybe bugfan climbed out at 88 degrees and you had a 89/90 degree hole?

Taylor likes this.
  8. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I once got stuck on a small hole that's only about 60 degrees, and I have 18 traction upgraded.
    Damns happen, you can't do anything about it. Really, he probably was lucky to get it bugged.

9. magicpudding

magicpudding Sergeant Major (12) Member

It's really a bad thing actually...

I remember back then when you could climb out of anything with max traction...
    in this case, max traction isn't really max traction then...

10. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Digger too steep? o_O Only been maybe 10-15 holes from Digger that I couldn't get out of since getting max traction.. more than a year ago. At first I was really disappointed with max traction, figured it meant everything was climb-able, first match I was in I got stuck the first turn...
    Really depends on where on the map it hits, haven't gotten stuck by a Digger in forever since I can usually place myself in a spot that I won't be able to get stuck.

Edit: In other words, I highly doubt they hacked.

Taylor likes this.
  11. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Okay, so I have max traction and as being the most used map, I took some tests in Map 6.
    In a 1 v 1 Team Match, THIS is the normal place from where you start. at 90 angles I used digger and could climb out of neither of the two directions. Screenshot:

diggertest1 from 2014-06-06 18:15:46.png
    Now, when I go back (left) a bit, I can climb out left with ease. Screenshot:

diggertest2 from 2014-06-06 18:19:21.png
    Conclusion: It all depends on the terrain; If you're in terrain that's steep from one side, you can probably climb out of that side.

darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  12. magicpudding

well, achieving max traction now is pointless.

*not just digger holes but more especially flatner things and perfectly straight walls... firestorm holes sumtimes...

Taylor likes this.
  13. RumMumMario

If traction is useless then all the tank upgrades are useless.
    Traction is actually one of the best, or is the most helpful upgrade out of all 4. Even if you cannot climb digger holes, you still can climb mostly any other terrain. I mean, I have 18 traction and it's doing the best job, more than any other upgrades.

or would you want a perk that makes your tank be able to climb a 90 degrees wall. ffs.

14. kyobe

I understand the angles can be different depending on where you are on the map and how deep it goes, but the thing is, he went up the steepest side which was the side going almost straight up. I know for a fact if I were in that hole I wouldn't have been able to get out. It looked just like any other deep digger hole that is inescapable.

15. magicpudding

Frankly the best upgrade is armor...

and plus, that's how it used to be, max traction was a special upgrade that if maxed all the way, which is a considerable amount of tokens, meant that you could climb perfectly straight walls... of course this would be ideal, and it was implemented in the game for a while at the beginning, until Kchamp decided to get rid of it and one of the latest updates, therefore making those last upgrade tokens useless...

:c

Taylor likes this.
  16. RumMumMario

I truly disagree with people who say armor is the best, it's really not.

All it does is decreases people's points/XP on points mode, which totally pisses me off since there is like 60xp difference between a non armored guy and a full armored guy. If you have low fuel and traction, you'll feel like a turtle really. You can hardly get a box even it's near you, because you can't climb steep hills. Armor only becomes handy in deathmatch, but it doesn't really have much differences on getting XP.

Fuel&Traction combo is probably the best, and maybe the remaining 11 tokens on armor.

darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  17. magicpudding

ohwell,

I hardly ever play points :p how can you get more xp if you die by the second round each time?

plus when you're in a competitive scenario lowering the opponents score is really worthwhile,

but back on topic
    Max traction should be able to climb 90 degree hills, I mean, it's max traction after all...

Demon45 and Taylor like this.
  18. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

there's a thing called gravity, tanks are too heavy to be spiderman...

19. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

In the thread for designing new perks I made one called "Claw Tracks" which would essentially allow you for one turn to climb out of any hole, provided you have maximum traction. kChamp should look into it.

I agree maximum traction should allow you to get out of the deepest holes possible. I thought when I upgraded it fully that I would be able to, and it turns out, no, I can't. And the worst part is the fact that I'm a 10th Prestige, and I'm getting beaten by level 40s that use a Digger, Five-Bounce, Multi-Nade, even sometimes Sub-Sniper after a Digger and kill me while I can't even move. It's annoying.

darklegion741 and magicpudding like this.