1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

diversified damage scale

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jpcas, Dec 13, 2014.

1. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

i was thinking that we could use some diversity of damages for weapons with big explosion radius, like nuke, meganuke, ee bomb etc.
    for example: nuke would make its max damage if opponent is hit directly but when foe is placed on the edge of explosion radius, it makes let's say, 85-90 % damage or so.

i think it would be fun and also it would add some more challenge - hitting an opponent with nuke is easy but adding this feature would motivate us of paying more attention when firing it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. EL JABATO

EL JABATO New Born (1) Member

ive always taught about this feature,more when i played pocket tanks,but i never remember to suggest it,it would be a nice idea for OP weps

jpcas likes this.
  3. EL JABATO

EL JABATO New Born (1) Member

and i think it would be better if lets say it goes from 50% to 100% dmg

4. paul1999

paul1999 Master Sergeant (10) Member

Ok, why in the HECK would you want this??? LESS damage??? DAFUQ BRO??? If anything, propose something that gives more damage, LIKE A X3

5. jpcas

well, no.. BRO, i think sometimes less is more..

as i said, hitting with nuke is not difficult, so to me this feature would add more fun. i'm not sharing opinion that it's best when everything is easy and you can get max damage while you're aiming with your eyes closed and knitting with the other hand.. where's the fun?
    why is there even wind in the game? delete it! delete everything, make every weap a nuke and we're all be getting maximum scores every time - everyone would be a winner, right?

also if there's more challenge there's also smaller chance that some noob would be able to achieve similar results as you.

besides, i was suggesting 85-90% of the maximum damage - i disagree with the idea of 50%.. to me 85% sounds about right, but ok, maybe 90 - 90% is still quite a lot and it's only when you're almost missing your shot.. dude, how often do you happen to miss with nuke? still there would be quite a large radius where you'd get 100% of the score. then if you'd really go off- it's 95%, then only on the edge of radius - 90%.

btw, do you like sniper? so many people love that weap, although there's no explosion radius and any error and you get 0 points.. but better players are not missing very much - usually few millimeters off.. with this feature with nuke you'd still get maximum damage it would just make you concentrate more or force you to get 95 % dmg when going for a 2x damage bonus/ flying crate in unfavorable circumstances..
    or alternatively it would make your nooby opponent get less points but thrust me, YOU (prestige player) wouldn't probably feel the difference..

and also, many people say 2x dmg bonus is a bad idea so.. i wouldn't come up with triple damage..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    jgalloway64 likes this.
  6. 15Galaxy15

15Galaxy15 First Sergeant (11) Member

We use Nuke and weapons like that to hit more than one target... Less damage doesn't make sense...

jpcas, jgalloway64 and paul1999 like this.
  7. jpcas

and you would still make great damage..
    just in this situation the goal would be to contrive maximalizing the score - like trying to hit one enemy directly if possible - if not possible, you would still make good points - the same points your foe could make in the same situation.

can't you see that it doesn't really matter? you're not robber of your potential score, cause the border of potential score is moved for everyone.
    do you really think that if we would make every 1 point you can possibly gain in the game a hundred points it would make a difference because you could get 300 000 points in one game instead of 3 000?
    would you be happier if you won 100 000 to 1 000 than if you won 1000 to 100?
    numbers doesn't mean anything themselves: what matters is what those numbers represents.

and there are 1v1 too. also, this mode is usually the chosen one for tournaments etc.
    you may not like 1v1 but there are others that do so i don't think it doesn't make sense for everyone. it may not in fact make sense for you.

so, nonetheless, thank you for your opinion - for advocates of multiple players matches it is a valid argument.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  8. 15Galaxy15

15Galaxy15 First Sergeant (11) Member

Okay, you have a good point, but I still think that less damage doesn't make sense, once you hit the target...

jpcas likes this.