1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

in game mods

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by aZtec Chief, May 28, 2014.

1. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

Why did you even say this. I felt this was directed at me and my thread. What the hell is wrong with making a setting to turn it on and off.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  2. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

i thought that was the whole reason for having mods, to prevent and stop all the bad behavior. if they cant act then they wont do. unless there is some sort of reporting system or where mods can go in game while in progress

nothing. im all for it to be optional. i was simply saying thats the reason they were added.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    jgalloway64 and chickadee like this.
  3. chickadee

Oh OK Just took it lil different :)

jgalloway64 likes this.
  4. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

Gotcha, sorry... took it the wrong way then.
    And I get your point here. People won't commit crimes in front of an officer because of the chance of punishment.. we agree on that. I know there are crooked cops. But that's why there are more than 1 or 2 cops in a community (or should be) to keep it fair and unbiased. That way, 4 or 5 mods could refer to each other and make the best choice possible. Also, kChamp could monitor them to make sure it was all okay. I do not care if moderators are incognito or not, I wouldn't want mods to be prideful of having authority so to speak, so that's bad. But also, cops are visible to community to assure others they are there helping. So.. I think it's probably good to see the mods. Agreed.
    And yes, those things were added and they make it unique and interesting. I kind of like them. However, kChamp has known of the chat bug flipping and that prestige weps are not yet made, and yet made that and perks first. So.. I think maybe he has thought about making them, just not correct priorities.

Mmk.. That's all I have to say for now. I think you and I understand each other now..

jgalloway64, Taylor and aZtec Chief like this.
  5. MoJ

MoJ Corporal (5) Member

Rather than a "report button" why not have an ignore list that blocks players on it from joining your game?
    The Host's list would be used.
    Another person in the lobby COULD get around this by inviting the person blocked by the host. But, if someone is going to be immature, and resist the host's authority by doing this, they could simply be kicked.

jgalloway64 and chickadee like this.
  6. chickadee

Correct me if im wrong but in SSL once you kicked someone they couldn't rejoin the room.

7. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

Meh. I think this would be good, but most likely won't happen.

8. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

@darklegion741
    Well we can't just simply let the hidden pitfall troll us, I must say true things mustn't I? I try to be a little negative so we can find the perfect solution.
    It probably seems that way to you because I normally don't say things simply like "o ya, that is good, i support"

Yeah I mean like, and I already said it in the post, if there was going to be a nomination. I'm just saying I disagree with report button.

9. Romans116

Romans116 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Haven't been on here for a little while, but I've always thought there should be in-game mods. So I'm all for it.

10. MoJ

MoJ Corporal (5) Member

Not in ssl2, i often play 1v1's as host. I'll kick someone, and then they come back... multiple times .-.

Taylor likes this.
  11. chickadee

Your right, I was talking about the Old SSL original. Im always surprised by sis she kicks players like no one else Ive seen! :D

jgalloway64, Black Widow and MoJ like this.
  12. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

i know the convo stopped but i just thought of this the other day
    besides the hacking, thats not really done much anymore, and the team killing mods arnt really needed.
    hacking isnt as sever as SSL1. i havnt seen anyone skip my turn on purpose, 150 wind, unlimited fuel or anything like that

be glad there is a kick function, over at BOE2 there is no such thing. their forums have requested it, but it was denied by a lot of their players. if thats the biggest worries for to have an in game mods, then its not serious

most people go online to play, not so much to chat. if you wish to talk and discuss about the game, the forums will welcome that. good thing we have plenty of mods to regulate what is said.

jgalloway64 and Taylor like this.
  13. MoJ

MoJ Corporal (5) Member

That wasn't really about in game mods, it was about a flaw in the kick function, which I am glad I have. Admittedly, it was a bit off topic, so sorry.

14. 007

007 Sergeant (7) Member

who hacks stuff in ssl2? that wasn't possible i guess. cuz if its possible that'd be annoying as fcuk. i remember god damn hacks in ssl1. the wind hack was a terrible thing.

15. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

It is, it's only that you need to be pretty skilled to hack an online game like this considering you'll need to get through many servers' codecs and stuff.

16. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

Less talking about hacking guyz, Please.

Taylor and Goldschlarger like this.
  17. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Agree. The more you talk about it, the more they can read about thier work on the forums and be proud of what they've done. They don't need attention.