1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

More dynamic maps settings

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Penguin, May 8, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

SSL,when you finished to upgrade everything,can be really boring.Here i have some cool game settings that could break the monotony of this game!If you have some ideas of game settings fell free to post it here!This thread could be the brother of "official suggest a weapon thread" but for game settings!
    With that said here my ideas!(wind is an example of game setting)

Lake/sea
    Look:

upload_2016-5-8_12-49-34.png
    Effects:
    -x1,05 xp mult
    -at start of each game there will be lakes or seas feeling up some holes of the map.
    -if you create with explosions holes under the lake or near the lake edge water will feel it,without lowering his level,to make things easier
    -tank movement will be 1/2 of the normal speed
    -if there is also wind setting on,some water drops would come out of the sea damaging tanks out of the water,higher wind there is more water drops would come out
    -at start of each turn,if tanks are under the water,They all take 20 damage
    -if emp blast is used,it would EMP all tanks in the same lake,mixed with 20 damage every turn it can be devasting!
    Global working weapons changes:
    -all weapons in water will have half speed
    -wind wouldn't affect weapons that are in water
    Weapon that changes in water
    -guppies: automaticly go on your enemy once in the water
    -Frogs: automaticly go on your enemy once in the water
    -All water weapons: increase lake lvl,wouldn't be able to do any damage
    -All fire weapons: decrease lake lvl,wouldn't be able to do any damage
    -ligthing: every ligthing,when hits the water,damage all tanks doing x1,5 damage
    -static: damage all the tank on water doing x1,5 damage
    -UFO: damage all the tank on water doing x1,5 damage
    -laser: damage all the tank on water doing x1,5 damage
    -All guns: half damage
    -nuke: makes and huge amount of water drops coming out of the lake dealing random damage to people
    -chopper would crash when it touch water

some example of weapons that can become stronger or weaker due to the 1/2 speed in water(just to show you how it could change dynamics of the game!)
    -travelers: stronger
    -saw blade: weaker since it would travel half of the normal(if all his travel is in the water)
    -rollers: for the same reasons
    this was examples,there are for sure more!
    Achivements:
    -drowner: emp someone in the water killing him by downing. rewards: 250 xp
    -BzzzBzzzzzzBzzzzzzz: deal a total of 1000 damage with electric weapons in the water. rewards: 500 xp + thunder storm
    -double the size of a lake with water weapons. rewards: sea----->ocean weapon

Sunny day
    Look:
    upload_2016-5-8_13-52-16.png
    Effects:

-x1,05 xp mult
    -like wind it constatly change power
    -it can be added with no wind or low wind only
    -sometimes at start of a turn part of maps are set on fire dealing damage to all tanks that are on it(around 30/40 damage) only if the sun of the current turn is over 50
    Global weapon working changes
    none
    Weapon that change in sun.
    -fire weapons:
    with 1/20 sun: none
    with 21/50 sun: flames does x1,5 damage
    with over 50 sun: flames last for 1 hit more!(for example istead doing 2 times 2 damage they do 3 times 2 damage)
    napalm will be OP,but i think that this weapon need a nerf
    -vegetal weapons:
    with 1/20 sun: x1,25 damage
    with 21/50 sun: no change
    with over 50 sun: plants are setted on fire leaving flames after the crash
    -water weapons:
    1/20 sun: none
    21/50 sun: x0,5 damage
    over 50 sun: water drops becomes steam clouds,doing rapid damage to the tanks tha are hited
    -chopper
    1/20 sun:none
    21/50 sun:none
    over 50 sun: can go to high cause pilot wouldn't be able to see anything(for similar concept it would do the same with high wind)
    -sun brust: always x1,5 damage when there is sun day
    -god rays: always x1,5 damage when there is sun day
    achivements:
    it's too hot: play a turn with 100 sun power reward: 250 xp
    Summer: plat a total of 5 turns with 100 sun power: 500 xp + ventilator weapon
    Burner: do a total 5000 damage by burn effect in sunny day reward: 250 xp + petrol bomb

this was my ideas of possible game settings!I know that for now it would be hard to see that in game(especialy lake setting) but i think that,even if it needs great work from kyle,having this wheater game settings in game would make it way better!Again feel free to post your ideas
    note:
    -this setting can be used only with wind,putting lake mode and sunny mode in same game would be a mess up
    -oh anoter thing,if this thing get into the game there wouldn't be a great animation,for examle actual wind animation is perfect,not too complex but it works very well and so would be lake and sunny

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Tugdil, Taylor, Goomba and 3 others like this.
  2. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

so here i have a direct example of how it should work:
    upload_2016-5-9_14-9-41.png
    all my frogs will go on margarito,if there are no enemy in the water your frogs will be shoted normaly(but like all other weaps with 1/2 speed when it is in water) that would also change aiming system,doing another damage to ruler users!you have to be pretty skilled calculating that 1/4 of your shot is in the water so you have to put a little more power on it.For example to hit lyndon i have to put at least + 1/5 power than normal or i wouldn't hit him!If that thing get into the game it would be cool having like + 1 xp bonus for a water affected shot since it would be pretty hard to do.

3. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I like the idea of having water included