1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

new game mode idea!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi!Here i have a new game idea.I hope you will enjoy it!

Mode name: Boss figth
    number of players: at least 2
    xp mult: same of death match

all players in the game are in 1 team and they have to face a AI boss.There are some new maps exclusive for that game mode.Boss tank look x5 bigger than a normal tank and have different amounts of hp that changes in base of:
    -players hp (100,200,300,400,500,600)
    -number of players
    -boss that you are figthing
    after the game ended you win if the boss is killed and you lose boss stays alive or he die but you and all your allies die.If you win you get win bonuses + special bonus xp for boss killed.
    Some of these bosses may have exclusive boss weapons that they will shot 50% of the times and that you won't be able to get this weaps in game.I calculate the boss hp and possible ability that are about hp how it would be in a 2 people 600 hp each game.
    With that said here the bosses!!!

Boss 1

Name: Hydra
    How it looks:
    upload_2016-3-29_23-4-15.png
    Hp:
    1000Hp
    exclusive weapons: none
    special skills:
    -shot 5 times at once due to his multiple heads(barrel for a tank :p)
    -great regen skill (30 hp each turn)
    other notes: really agressive but not smart at all.It will try to do dmg shooting directly to your tanks

Boss 2

Name: Alien
    how it looks:

upload_2016-3-30_14-23-48.png
    Hp:5ooHp
    exlusive weapons:laser strike: various master beams comes verticaly from the sky and hit once all the tanks(80 dmg each)
    special skills:
    -
    can teleport,emp and shield really often
    -damage enemies with random satellite between turns
    other notes:really smart shooting.His small ufo friends will take flying crates for him

Boss 3

Name: dragon
    how it looks:
    upload_2016-3-29_23-44-57.png
    Hp:
    2000 hp
    exclusive weapons: napalm stream: shots really much mini napalms that can do serious dmg directly
    special skills:
    -immune to fire and water attacks
    -can move on the map flying
    other notes: agressive, average IQ

Boss 4

Name: Killer
    how it looks:
    upload_2016-3-29_23-56-13.png
    Hp:
    exclusive weapon: knife shot: really powerfull shot that deals 200 dmg if it lands. chainsaw:shots a chain saw if it hits it deals 3 dmg x40 times + 20 explosion
    special skills:
    -very high crit rate
    -really accurate
    other notes: very smart player for killing.Once it hit a tank it will finish him before going for the others

achivements:
    -kill the killer: kill one time killer boss reward: 250 xp
    -whos is the killer: kill 5 times killer boss reward: 500 xp + base version of chainsaw and knife!
    knife is distance based weapon dmg depends also of how it lands
    -dinner is ready!: kill one hydra or one dragon. reward: 200 xp
    -beast haunter: kill 10 hydra/dragons: reward 1000xp
    -Et troll: kill alien boss with Ufo: reward 100 xp + a troll looking weapon

That are some boss ideas for now.I'll update the thread if i have other ones!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Though the concept is good, I don't see how this is any better than Juggernaut. These bosses are nearly impossible to win with only 2 people, but then they become good fights 3-4 people, then too easy 5-8 people. There has to be a chance they miss, too, so lower players can play the mode. We don't want to add "limited content" to extend this game's Skinner Box, do we now?
    I think this is your best idea yet. However, you have to make it so it is possible for high levels and low levels alike to win. How? Make it so the bosses do more damage the higher your level is or less the lower it is. In addition, you could make it so they are less likely to miss against high levels but more likely to miss against low levels. Lastly, you could edit the damage the same way. This way, the bosses will always remain tough, no matter what level you are. If there are multiple people within the game, the bosses can do one of the following: a) Attack in accordance of the average level in the game or b) Attack in accordance with each player's level individually. With this, we could implement something truly great. Nice work with the concept. :)

Penguin likes this.
  3. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This reminded me, MULTIPLAYER CO-OP PLEASE!!!

Batgirl and Awesume like this.
  4. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

good points!However i puted so high hp beacause i AI is really dumb.Infact the only 2 bosses with low hp are supposed to be really accurate and smart

5. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

This reminds me of WAAAAAY back when, before Shellshock Live 2, I suggested that the new game have a single player campaign with various bosses. I think this would be a cool feature, maybe at the end of each mission set there could be a boss. Or make it a game mode where you or a team challenge the boss monsters.
    I recently dug through my old documents and found the bosses I drew up, and they are:

Collotank (★✩✩✩✩)
    Health: 800
    Appearance: A super-sized regular old tank
    Weapons: All starter weapons.
    Specials: Likes to jetpack and destroy crates so you can't get them.

UnderMounter (★★✩✩✩)
    Health: 1,200
    Appearance: Large brown, cannon covered tank with wheels that turn to drills
    Weapons: Any weapons that affect the battlefield. Loves tunnel strikes and boulders.
    Specials: This tank can bury underground and stay there until it is hit.
    - Also likes to spawn Tunnel strike bullets from the air, a caution signal will appear over the clear zone a few turns prior.

Aerotyratic (★★✩✩✩)
    Health: 1,200
    Appearance: UnderMounter's cousin. A small, light blue tank that spawned a pair of angelic wings.
    Weapons: Flares and strikes of any kind.
    Specials: Aerotyratic can fly offscreen for defense, making it hard to hit. While offscreen, it will fire down strike bullets.
    - Aerotyratic will get very weak if its wings are destroyed.

Bombasticon (★★★✩✩)
    Health: 5,000
    Appearance: Extremely bulky, very slow moving. A tank with several layers of armor.
    Weapons: Prefers any weapon that is final tier... except grenades for some reason.
    Specials: Not much special other than the insane amount of defense this tank has.
    - x2 damage appears 3 times as often

Phansiren (★★★★✩)
    Health: 400
    Appearance: A legendary tank that is elusive. It is white and is covered in mysterious cracks.
    Weapons: Sticks to elemental weapons like Fire, water, air, and earth
    Specials: Phansiren has all of the abilities of previous bosses. It can fly, dig underground, and use jetpacks.
    - In addition, Phansiren has a chance of creating three copies of itself
    - Phansiren is also very weak, it just remains elusive

Gigatank (★★★★★)
    Health: 800
    Appearance: Just an ordinary battlefield tank.
    Weapons: Has them all.
    Specials: Is known to never miss a shot and uses some hard hitting weapons.

Not gonna happen in this lifetime, just thought I'd show you that I had similar ideas, I would photoshop up some pictures, but I don't care enough to lol

6. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

Instead of static health, why not have health that scales to the number of players and their level?