1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

New Game Mode: Marksman (Points)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ruleaus, Jul 27, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this added to the game?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Ruleaus

Ruleaus Private E-2 (3) Member

Hey guys! Had this idea for a twist on the marksman game mode. The difference here is that targets have point values. The first player or team to reach a certain amount of points wins!

Specifics:
    • Can be played in teams or as a free-for-all. Either way, you win by being the first player or team to reach a point limit.
    • Can be played as team-shot, individual shot, or all-shot.
    • Multiple targets (like 2-5) appear at a time in varying sizes. This gives players options to go for higher value or lower value targets. Obviously, smaller targets will be worth more points than larger targets. There may be a super tiny target worth 200 pts. and a very large target worth 25 pts.
    • OPTIONAL: Golden targets appear on rare occasions. When these appear, the game - if not already - goes to all-shot. Players are free to shoot at their own choosing. Everyone DOES NOT shoot at the same time. Instead, it's a race to see who can shoot the golden target first. Only the first player to hit it gets the points, then it disappears and play returns to normal. Golden targets aren't necessarily worth more points than regular targets.
    That's about it. It's pretty straightforward. I'm sure some of you may already be thinking that it will be unfair because the targets will be positioned closer to some players than others. For example, a super tiny target worth 200 pts. may appear very close to someone on their shot. First off, if this is a problem, it can be solved (at least partially) with an algorithm. Targets worth that much may, for example, only appear high above the ground in order to keep them at least a reasonable distance from players. Even if there is no algorithm like that, and targets just pop up in completely random places, I don't see it as a problem. It's random, meaning it's not biased to help any particular team or player. Also, multiple targets can appear at once, so there's a lot of options.

Penguin likes this.
  2. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

I just like it!Even if it is not direct related i wanted to do some artworks about different types of targets with special effects as well.Going back to the topic of this thread i think it is a really cool idea and it is also pretty simple,so it has good chances to get in game in 2038

Spur Kee likes this.
  3. Miytko

Miytko Private E-2 (3) Member

What do you mean with 2038?