1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Offline Mode/Single Player mode/ Missions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Holy2334, Jun 14, 2015.

?

Should an offline/single player mode be added in SSLS?

1. Yes, definitely.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yes, but not right now.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. No, at least not for a long while.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, this shouldn't be a thing.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. I have no opinion on this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Although this isn't something that is talked about much (It's mostly about the weapons and game mode which just came out) but one of the things people brought up was that there should be more single player since there isn't a lot of players on at the moment (especially at night). I'm not sure if it should be priory or not, so that's why I created a poll. Anyways here is some points I like to make....

Improve AI
    I think before anything is done with single player and all that jazz, I think that the AI should be a little bit better. Having tanks shoot themselves during missions have been both a problem and an advantage for us, but even human players don't do this as much as the tanks do. Also they don't move other than through teleporters, which does add a bit of challenge, but they also get stationary when they don't use it. Improving the AI can be useful for many things, including making them subs for when someone leaves the game in multiplayer so that the team mate isn't as screwed as they are now. Definitely though an AI improvement is recommended before going to implement my other points.

Offline/Single Player Mode
    Playing against bots, or adding human players (like local play) is something I've seen someone complain about the lack of on steam before. Adding this seems like it would give people something to do when no ones on, or they have trouble connecting with the game, etc. I'm not sure though how the weapons distribution would work though (ex have all of the weapons unlocked, or go by levels) since each has it's pros and cons. Definitely up for discussion though when that time comes.

Missions
    To be honest, it didn't take that long to complete all of the missions. All though some people did have some rough patches at some point, it only took me a few days to get past all of the missions. All though improving the AI might make the missions tougher which would require to level up before passing them seems like a good approach and what it looked like the point of those harder missions. Then yet again they were too easy for the ssl vets, I'm not sure for totally new people though it could be a challenge for them. Maybe you can add "Prestige Missions" for those who passed rank 80, as well as have the users (us) suggest missions or mission sets that can be added as side quests or use those to unlock certain weapons. Lets also not forget about the co-op missions people have talked about too lol.

Conclusion
    There needs be something for people to do, at least when there is nobody there and with the fact that the game even have AI and missions, it can be used for a lot of other unique things and it's a start to something that can potentially make the game better. Also understand (People who aren't Kchamp) that this does seem like a lot of work so if this was a priority all of the other things that we want could take forever. It would be great if an offline mode was added in the future, but I also think that there are other things that need to be focused on too before handling such a big project. We can also help out in the meantime though with missions and stuff so when these paths are crossed again, some preparation has been done and it could speed things along. Now then, what are your guy's thoughts on this.

Penguin likes this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Pretty much a summary of etc things we want. We need this, AIs right now are simply pathetic.

How about custom missions? Another lobby for customized missions or something. XP awards shouldn't be available until in-game mods are added because macro.

Holy2334 and Penguin like this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

when i heard about single player mode when ssl steam was on greenligth i supposed something much more challenger and longer. so thats my suggestions

-add some new missions, but you can play thems only if you reach a certain lvl,so peoples(like me) will not play immediatly missions and finish thems in 1 day
    -hard missions for prestige lvls that are much more challenging(for exaple a x2 hp final boss)
    -multiplayer missions against mega bosses(many people want that update,it s pretty cool)
    -daily challenges(for example beat final boss with 500 hp + then you get 20 gears/300 xp )
    that one would be very good to increase single player mode beacause kyle can t make new missions every day...with daily challenges that would be way better beacause you have a reson to do missions again(and with a rule that makes thems harder/funnier/more challenging)
    ps:you will have something like 3 daily challenges each day,it s only for boosting a little bit single player don t forget that ssl it s multiplayer first :p

ps:however we don t need it now,thats my ideas/ideas that i found in forum that should be added in future when we got more players:)

xXTacocubesXx and Holy2334 like this.
  4. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

It would be so cool if we had some sort of campaign story that had more context. With a plot and characters, ya know? The AI does need to be fixed and should be added as subs when people rage quit or lose connection. Fixing the AI shooting themselves problem might make it even more impossible to kill the final boss.

Holy2334 and Penguin like this.
  5. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

lol the idea it s nice but i think it s the hardest thing on the world making a storyline on ssl.beacause this new ssl game can have new amazing features,good graphics and other stuff but it s alaways a small stupid game basicly :D(however i like idea i m only saing that it would be pretty hard)

xXTacocubesXx likes this.