1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Packs/Crates Kinda thing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Retaliator, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Retaliator

Retaliator New Born (1) Member

Hey, this is my first post on these forums and I thought it would be a good idea to present you with a thought that I've been having over these past couple days :)

If you've ever played FIFA you'll know what I mean when I say packs, they're a kind of process that you can purchase using in game currency and what they'll do is generate a random selection of items for the user to get given. If my terrible description doesn't satisfy you, type in "fifa 15 Pack opening" into youtube and you'll hopefully understand what I'm on about :) In fifa, a bronze pack will give you bad players (Bronze), silver packs will give you mediocre players (silver) and gold packs can potentially award you with amazing players (Gold). Note that EA release special packs for certain occasions.

Anyway, in terms of SSL I was thinking that by opening a pack, you could be awarded one item from the gear shop, maybe some tank skins or something (Like camouflage or different colours/patterns for different parts of the tank). Obviously, for this to work there would need to be more items in the shop (although I'm sure it will fill up with time).

I feel that this feature would add to the customization and freedom of the player, in hope that no two tanks would look the same. Also, I think that it would probably reduce tedium in that the player can experience a variety of different emotions in the process of "opening a pack".

Please tell me what you think on this idea, if you think it's terrible then that's absolutely fine by me :) If you think you can expand on this suggestion then by all means - fire away

Cheers for reading this much!

xXTacocubesXx, Awesume and Batgirl like this.
  2. LIGHTNING

LIGHTNING Corporal (5) Member

Well, I think this could actually work now if the lower level packs can just items in them. I think it sounds like a potentially fun idea! I would like to see this does a bit more originally, but the concept sounds good to me! :)

3. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I've never been a fan of RNG systems in games. But at least there's no microtransactions in this game! I think this idea definitely brings something to the table.

4. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

So its like the crates that you get from CS:GO where you get custom weapon skins and such? I get the idea but I'm pretty sire Kchamp wants to stay away from that. The game is supposed to be a one time purchase which is the big difference from the P2W scheme in SSL2. Although if it was with just skins I have no problem with that.

5. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

He actually said in game currency, not real currency.

6. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

My bad then. Then I'm good with this.

7. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

It's a good idea, but there should also be a thing where ppl can copy the theme of somebody else tank, and use it on their own. No 2 tanks the same is not a good thing.
    Some peoples do a hack to make their tank a black tank, Im trying to learn it.
    But its a very good idea Retaliator! :cool::)

LIGHTNING likes this.
  8. LIGHTNING

LIGHTNING Corporal (5) Member

When you figure it out mind telling the rest of us?
    (or just me anyway ;))