1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Performance Problem

Discussion in 'Gameplay Bugs' started by Ethicz, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Ethicz

Ethicz New Born (1) Member

Hello SSL Community !

I have a big performance problem on my notebook the game runs like 10-15 fps it's really unplayable

Notebook Hardware :

I5 4200
    Nvidia GTX 860M
    8 GB Ram

So I think it's not because of the hardware ... Anyone have an solution at LOW settings it runs at 20-30 fps Vsync OFF

On my computer it runs without any problem with over hundreds of fps

Hardware :
    R9 390x
    I7 4790K
    8 GB Ram

So what could I do ?

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I don't think 15FPS is unplayable for such slow-paced game with minimal amount of movement involved.

You could try running it on low resolutions + windowed mode, it gives a NICE boost to the FPS.

3. Ethicz

Ethicz New Born (1) Member

Hmm ok sure i can down size the Resolution... But why a game like this takes so much Performance...
    I can play Rise of the Tomb Raider on Medium / GTA V at Medium-High With 45-60 FPS so what is the problem about this game is there any
    Configuration in the Config or something like that ?

4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Simply isn't optimized, I guess. I run other 3D games faster than this game as well.

referee11 likes this.
  5. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Yeah, there is configuration. It comes up before you're even allowed to launch the game. Notebooks are notorious for making games slow like that. Ideally, they were created for reading, not necessarily playing games. You're going to have a hard time getting it to do well, even in the best of circumstances.
    Use the computer. If it goes 100FPS, that's 60 more FPS than I get. Should be a blast there.

6. magicpudding

magicpudding Sergeant Major (12) Member

I don't think you're quite getting the question here. I'm running an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and I get lags and occasional hiccups when weapons are shot. Other games that seem more resource intensive run just fine. The config at the beginning only lets you adjust the resolution and "fancy particle effect" things. As @RumMumMario said, it simply isn't optimized.

7. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

For me I only hit lag spikes if I launch anything that uses up a lot of tracer space. Attractoids especially being one of them, but the rest of the game runs fine for me.

Goomba and referee11 like this.