1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

questionable tactics

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by mega n00b, Jun 25, 2014.

1. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

I was thinking of the possibility to stay at lvl 1 at prestige 10. (quiting games just before I die or just before I win). Obviously the aim is to get more prestige weps. Its seems like kind of cheating though + you have to bother each game with quiting on time. But, anyway, what do you think of it and has someone tried it for a while and with what results?

jgalloway64 and darklegion741 like this.
  2. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

That is true, if you have weapon packs it will effect it a bit less also. Starting with all weapon pack weapons and prestige weapons would be nice though. I think it would help more if kchamp would ever put out the prestige weapons. Isn't much good starting off with TBD's :/

Taylor, jgalloway64 and darklegion741 like this.
  3. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Sorry for asking, why do people level beyond Prestige 6 even though there are no weapons above it? It only results in TBDs. Would it not be better staying at Prestige 6 Level 50? Also, the amount of time it takes Kyle to add one Prestige weapon, is more than enough time for most people to get to Level 50. I'm just curious as to why people level so high (not calling you dumb).

Anyway back to topic. It would indeed work to an extent but you have forgotten the many weapons that are just as powerful as prestige weapons. Sub-Sniper, 2012, Multi-Nade, Asteroid Storm, Crackler and many others. However if you prefer using prestige weapons, staying at level 1 would indeed be a valid option.

Taylor, mega n00b and jgalloway64 like this.
  4. Mr Anonymous

Well the first few prestige weapons came out fairly quick so a lot of people would have expected the rest to follow in the same pattern. Maybe if I had played ssl1 I would have known what to expect out of kchamp lol.. I just wanted to be done leveling really.. anything less than where I am now just felt like I was wasting XP and made me not really as interested in playing. Plus when/if they ever do come out, ill have them right from the start. I already have all my TBD's to level 3 also, so it's a little bit of a start on them lol. I really don't mind getting 1 or 2 TBD's every so often, but it does happen a lot. As TBD's, I get TBD's a lot, when the weapons come out, I will get them rarely lol.

Tavi, Taylor, mega n00b and 2 others like this.
  5. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

If you have only the most powerful packs (retro1 and pack 5 and maybe 4) it can work pretty well too, if not better.
    About the TBDs - right now with 4 tbds this idea is not so good, but I assume that kchamp will do the rest and they will be of similar power to the existing ones.

6. Mr Anonymous

All the packs are actually pretty good except pack 1 and pack 2. I always did love to get some games in when I'd prestige just for all the extra weapons I'd get from weapon packs. At level 50, it seems I get more level 1 weapons than ever before :/ On a good note, prestige weapon 7 should be coming soon, only 2 more days until kchamp gets on the forums for his monthly hour visit here and it's been almost 2 months since the python was out. So maybe P7 will be here in a week or so lol.

Taylor likes this.
  7. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I didn't actually attempt doing this, but I did consider it. I think personally it's a great way to receive the most amount of Prestige weapons. However, I have WPs 3-6 and Deluxe, so at 150 total, I obviously already won't receive nearly as many as if I had stayed at level 1. However, I still see them pretty often so I'm not too worried about it. In the end, though, you'll sort of be sacrificing a lot of good weapons that can do as much damage as or more damage than many of the Prestige weapons. So really, it's not worth it.

Simple, really. When the weapons are released, we'll already have them. I've even taken the opportunity to level them all to 5 with a WUP, so I'll have them upgraded right out of the box. I wouldn't have done this if the procrastination expert we call "kChamp" had went ahead and added the weapons, because I did level FireStorm, Tsunami, MegaNuke, and Pyrotechnics through traditional means.

Through all of the work of leveling up, I think us 10th+ Prestige players should have the advantage of having all of the Prestige weapons while others have yet to reach our level. But no, can't have anything like that. Gotta be slow with it. Gotta reward the people that have done nothing and disregard all of us dedicated high-rankers. Gotta make that next dollar instead of doing what's right. Yep.

8. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Not to sound like a smart tater, but shouldn't full time deluxes get "early access" to these weapons before the public?
    Would be a great way to take care of that lie mentioned in the description. ;)

KingKyd likes this.
  9. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Yes, they should. Taking months to put out a small update is one thing. Blatantly lying to every player is a whole new ballgame, and not one I think we all want to play.

moh, Dryykon, jgalloway64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Questionable posting, is more like it. <3

I just realized you had a soundcloud. :eek:

KingKyd and Taylor like this.