1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

[Rebound] Side Bouncers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by adv0catus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

I've been playing this mode a lot lately. It's a lot of fun with the randomness factor and the XP multiplier is extremely generous. In the last day or two, I've moved from participating in private games (just amongst friends) to public, 8-player matches. One of the consistent off-hand comments I've seen, and I share the frustration, is that side bouncers do not count. They are, essentially, the same thing - they accomplish the same function - so they should count. There doesn't appear to be a reasonable or balance-related reason for them not to.

banna likes this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

The purpose of rebound is to hit a purple orb or shield each round.

If these sides counted then we'd get +5 in any game mode. The sides are just meant to keep weapons in play for the most part and if we are in position, to bounce a weapon off of.

Walls and bounders are two very different things.

Scarlet likes this.
  3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Debatable. They can easily be abused and it's super easy to get a hit by bouncing off those walls than actual bumpers which randomly spawn midair. What I want in Rebound is that all weapons should bounce off of all side walls like Seagull, since the bumpers are sometimes really bouncy.

Owl_Spirit27 and Batgirl like this.
  4. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

I think that's even more abusable than just having side bouncers count. That creates no incentive for aiming for the players. At least with the side bouncer, there's still some risk of the shot going off-screen. As well, side bouncers still allow the element of angles to come into play. Having every shot guaranteed to stay in the field is just begging for extremely random shots. I assume you'd want this to extend underground also.

RumMumMario and Taylor like this.
  5. Owl_Spirit27

Owl_Spirit27 Private First Class (4) Member

Side bumpers in rebound should count, but should halve or quarter the damage. This is a good option for when a shot is pretty much impossible. Bumper shot xp shouldn't be given for this type of shot.