1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

[S] The official "Suggest-A-Weapon"-thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Credipede, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Because I have so many weapon ideas (and I don't know how to use the "Show/Hide Spoilers"), I will post one "Weapon Pack" idea every day on here. So first is my Starter Weapon Pack:

Stun Grenade
    30/33/37/42/45
    A white grenade that when explodes in a medium radius, the radius makes the victims screen flash white like an earthquake and the next turn their preset aim is reverted back to 90 degrees

Pixelator
    first explosion 40/42/44/46/48 - small pixels 1/1/2/3/4
    A square shot, that has a pixelated trail behind it, the pixel changes color as it flies in the air, when it lands it bursts into 10 smaller pixels that burst like a fountain and individually do damage. This weapon makes a classic 8-bit video game sound

Bazooka
    60/62/65/68/70
    A large rocket weapon that travels straight in the direction you're firing, it's land damage is equivalent to the Massive Shot.
    Details: Although it travels straight in the direction, it is affected by wind

Comet
    Comet 16-20/19-25/26-30/27-35/36-40 - Fire 1/1/2/2/3 - Snowballs 1/2/3/4/5
    A shower weapon, that shoots a sparkling comet, as the comet flies it drops small fire particles and snowballs.
    Details: The fire and snowball damage always stays the same but the actual comet damage is range based.

Mine
    47/50/55/57/60
    A basic Mine, you shoot the weapon and it will set on the ground. If someone rolls over it then it will explode.
    Details: Although this weapon would last longer than a turn, it would be helpful to have to keep people from going somewhere

Firecracker
    6/7/9/10/11
    This shoots 6 firecrackers in a ranged area, when a firecracker hits ground it explodes into a firework. The fireworks range in size and color but always keep same damage.

Ground Corkscrew
    38/42/46/50/54
    Basically a normal Corkscrew weapon, but it travels underground and does a little more damage usually.

Snake
    8/9/10/11/12
    A stream weapon that shoots a big green solid shot, the shot is separated into 5 pieces, each piece inflicts damage and has an explosion bigger than the last.

Invisi-Nade
    50/52/54/56/60
    An invisible grenade, a spark will be let off during mid-flight so you can tell where it is going

Love Bomb
    5/7/9/11/13
    Shoots out a cluster of shots in the formation of a heart.

Aggressive Weapon Pack:

Missile
    42/45/48/51/55
    A Bazooka weapon that applies gravity, and does slightly less damage. The land damage is a little bigger though.
    Details: This weapon is the twin of the Bazooka identical in appearance but act differently.

Mortar
    Mortar 40/41/43/45/47 - Pieces 10/11/12/13/15 - Napalm 1/1/1/1/2
    Shoots a tiny rocket that does moderate damage, but no land damage. The rocket flies into the air and splits into 4 pieces and napalm each doing minor damage.
    Details: This is a slight relative of the slammer, but instead of returning back down, it splits into pieces

Mega Sticky
    30/35/40/45/50
    A large sticky bomb with a very large blast radius, it is slightly harder to shoot because of the size of the actual shot.
    Details: From the sticky bomb family, this would be the largest one and you can easily rack up 100 points with a level 5

Invisi-Mine
    37/40/45/47/50
    A Mine weapon that they will never see coming, since it's invisible it's good for booby-trapping a box.
    Details: Technically this is another weapon that lasts more than one turn which have never appeared, but would be nice to have occasionally.

Thermal Bomb
    Closest Range 20/21/22/23/24 - Middle Range 15/16/17/18/19 - Farthest Range 9/10/11/12/13
    I personally have looked through this weapon thread and am a fan of the weapons that if you hit one person any tanks in the area also take damage, so I developed the Thermal Bomb, which inflicts damage to all tanks in the area of the first explosion.
    Details: The range doesn't go on forever, the tanks have to be near each other to an extent for this weapon to work.

Shrinker
    12-48/14-56/16-64/18-72/20-80
    You shoot out a huge sphere and as it travels in the air, it gradually decreases in size. It is a size-based weapon so the smaller it gets, the more damage it does.

Grower
    36-12/42-14/48-16/54-18/60-20
    The exact opposite of the shrinker, as it travels in the air, it gradually increases in size. The larger it gets the less damage it does, so you want to keep it relatively close ranged.

Spike Ball
    6/8/10/12/14
    A bounsplode that focuses more on land damage, the spike ball is a very heavy weapon so gravity affects it differently.
    Details: It is a gray bounsplode and the other difference aside from land damage is that it lasts 5 more bounces than a normal one.

Smart Bomb
    46/48/50/52/60
    A red circular grenade that explodes on impact, the explosion starts off medium size and quickly grows larger.

Brigger
    12/14/16/19/20
    A green shot that acts as a breaker at first, but when it splits, it separates into two diggers that pound down the enemy.

I have no idea, maybe people don't look on this thread much. Though it would be nice if more people liked it to get my post/like ratio back up. But anyway my third weapon pack idea:
    Scorching Pack:

Nuclear Waste
    Bomb 20/22/24/26/30 - Napalm 1/2/2/2/3 - Poison 3/3/4/4/5
    A reddish-orange grenade that when settles it explodes into napalm and purple stars like a Twinkler.

Heat Tracker
    10/11/12/13/15
    Much like the instant replay but this weapon stops in the middle of the air and emits a red laser that scans for nearby tanks, when it finds one it shoots out missiles.

Hot Roller
    Roller 10/11/13/15/17 - Napalm 2/2/3/3/4
    A red and orange roller that sprays napalm everywhere. When it rolls, it leaves a trail behind it while also throwing it in front of it. Finally when it hits a target it explodes into a bunch of napalm.
    Details: The trail behind it might not help much, but it's a good graphical effect

Spring
    First Bounce 16/18/20/22/25 - Second Bounce 28/30/32/34/35
    It is a dark gray shot that bounces when it lands. It does land damage the size of a Heavy Shot first then bounces high into the air and lands doing Massive Shot land damage after.

Bat
    28/32/34/38/42
    A black signal shot that sends down a large winged creature that does a figure-8 style swoop doing damage to anyone it passes.
    Details: This is one of the few signal shots that don't do land damage.

Fire Tornado
    Tornado 19/20/21/22/23 - Napalm 4/4/4/4/5
    Shoots a cyclone that is pure red, a tornado scrambles the position of a person a bit, knocking them back or forward. When the tornado lands it travels forward creating the effect on anyone, and all the while is shooting napalm.

Dual Deadweight
    18/22/28/32/36
    Shoots two deadweights, the first deadweight goes for the closest person and stops immediately right over them, and the second one goes for the second person. Pretty self explanatory.

Flame Vortex
    Vortex 48/52/56/60/65 - Napalm 1/2/2/3/4
    A black and orange signal shot that tells a giant red column of fire to blaze. The tank inside is incinerated and napalm is shot out from the base.
    Details: The closest weapon to this is the Satellite, but instead this one is red and shoots napalm.

Oil Can
    Barrel 35/40/41/43/45 - Napalm 1/1/2/2/3
    The weapon acts like a barrel (rolls down slopes and breaks if crashed) but when this crashes it explodes and bursts into napalm.

Flamethrower
    5/5/6/6/7
    The fire version of a Shotgun, but there are more particles and each one does accumulative damage. It's best used if its at close range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

Flamethrower is the best in my opinion. Shotguns are meant to use up close. Yet, the game Shotgun does more damage from a distance.

Spreaker

Shoots a Double-Splitter, and each shot, when it impacts, reacts like a breaker, with normal radius. 12/16/18/20/24 each Breaker projectile.

Charlotte likes this.
  3. applem15

applem15 Sergeant Major (12) Member

spring is the exact same thing as slammer, goomba

Charlotte likes this.
  4. Staple

It bounces a way the 1-bounce does. 2nd bounce it explodes into a larger radius then 1st bounce, and it doesn't bounce any further.

Charlotte likes this.
  5. Mark103

Mark103 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I'm not sure if all of you saw my weapon ideas, but ill re-post them in this list, but I did add a few new ones too. The damage mentioned is the damage for level 1. It might change as you level it up.
    Name: Tic-Tac-Toe
    Damage: 5 Damage per pellet
    Shoots a group of X and O attacks, possibly in a pattern.

Name: Castle
    Damage: 50 Damage per wall
    Remember that fortress made two small walls around the area where the bullet hit? This one shoots up higher and thicker walls. Useful for trapping enemies. Then you can throw an artillery or grenade as you please!

Name: Guided Missile
    Damage: 40 Damage
    This one is very unique. Instead of the usual aiming, click on the tank or spot of terrain that you want it to land and you will automatically aim there. If its locked on a tank and the tank is moved by an explosive, a builder, a digger or something like that, the misssile will automatically turn a bit to land on the tank.

Name: Flood
    Damage: 10 damage per raindrop
    This is like rain, but it does more damage, lasts longer, and affects a larger area. Instead of Stream size bullets, they will be the size of Creek. Not overpowered if you look at the difference between Twinkler and Crackler.

Name: Gambler
    Damage: Depends on Dice Roll
    Throws a die that splits into two in midair. Once they stop moving, they will explode. Damage is the number on the dice x10. It also affects the size of the blast a little bit.

Name: Slots
    Damage: 5 Damage per coin
    Throw a coin-like bullet, and at the highest it goes, it disappears and turns into a slot machine. When the reels stop spinning, coins come out of the machine and do damage, each one can bounce once if it doesnt hit.

Name: Motion Sensor Bomb
    Damage: 50
    If it doesn't land on a tank, it sticks to the ground and stays there until someone runs over it, then it explodes.

Name: Invisi-Sensor
    Damage: 50
    Same as above, but only you can see it. Be sure to warn your teammates if they come close to it.

6. Staple

Sensor and Invisible Sensor basically mines, like Goomba posted, but I likes these ideas. Neat.

Charlotte likes this.
  7. Towel

Towel look mom i have a custom title Former Moderator

Hooray, special weapons!

Shattered mirror:
    Damage: Mirror: 30 - Shards: 8
    It fires a circular mirror, and breaks into several pieces on impact. If a tank gets hit directly by the mirror they will have "bad luck" for the next 7 rounds. (Aim resetting, fuel halved for a turn, lose points/health, 1 random weapon in inventory disappears and only doing half damage for a turn)

Malfunctioning jet pack:
    When fired your tank will shoot into the air, and and somewhere random on the map. No damage.

Solar flare (totally ripped off of Pocket Tanks)
    Orange bullets like rain come from the sky on every part of the map. Each bullet does 2 damage.

Broken stopwatch:
    Damage: 20
    If it hits an enemy tank, for their next turn they only have 5 seconds to aim.

Syringe:
    If hit, for the next 3 turns the person who go hit can fire at a maximum of 50 power.

Charger:
    Once used your turn skips once after using it. The shot you fire after the skipped turn does 2x damage.

ER$O%E5r^%ROR
    If hit, for the next 2 turns random error message popups will obstruct the players screen.

When used you can choose an enemy to swap positions with.

10.1 M Earthquake
    Damage: 40
    Resets the map to its original shape

Dog
    Damage: -60
    Heals players who are hit. Grants 2x XP

Charlotte and Staple like this.
  8. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Aerial Pack:

Well one of my ideas was called the Air Bounce, but that idea was already put into the game as "Bounstrike"
    So instead I have:

Air Ball
    40/44/48/50/52
    A light blue ball that more of floats in the air, because it's gravity is different. It is kind of hard to hit, but deals moderate damage almost equal to the Hover-Ball

Item Bomb
    10/15/20/22/25
    This weapon looks like the Tricky Box, but has a minus sign on it. This bomb has a radius a bit smaller than the ghost bomb, and deals less damage. What makes this weapon unique is that it destroys any box within the radius. Good for keeping enemies from grabbing a nearby box or a cluster of them.
    Details: This only works for land crates

Thunderstorm
    Lightning 15/18/21/24/27 - Rain 2/2/2/2/3 - Hail 5/5/7/7/9
    I'm pretty sure this weapon was suggested already because the people on this forum are pretty smart... But my weapon ideas were thought of before SSL2 was even in development, so I may post some repeats... But anyway it is a dark gray signal shot that shoots 3 lightning, a little rain, and a little hail.

Breaking Splitter
    15/20/22/24/28
    I believe I saw this idea too, but read the above weapon for explanation.. Basically this weapon acts as a Splitter first and once it splits and makes contact with ground, it breaks into two Breakers that each do damage.
    Details: I always thought the concept of this weapon was cool

Splitting Bounsplode
    8/10/12/13/15
    Using the Dbl Bounsplode is tough because you have to position your shot so both of them land in one crater, so it would be easier to have one bounsplode that splits into two two thirds through it's flight.
    Details: This would be a VERY helpful weapon to have at certain times.

Flier
    10/12/14/16/20
    The Flier is a shot that soars through the air and acts like a Deadweight, when it reaches the first person, it hovers over them and shoots three bullets downwards.

Mushroom
    4-36/8-72/12-108/16-144/20-180
    This spotted shot grows into a lengthy mushroom once it hits the ground, the way it grows can be determined by the power and angle that was used. You have to make sure your shot is very precise to get maximum damage.
    Details: No, this shot is not based off of my Username nor Mario in any way.

Delta
    24-36/24-36/42-60/42-60/60-80
    The Delta is an upgraded version of the Stream, instead of one full line of pellets, it shoots two full lines of pellets that split off into two separate chains each doing that same damage.

Needle Bouncer
    Explosion 10/12/14/16/18 - Needlers 8/10/12/14/16
    A big Bounsplode looking ball that acts like a large grenade, when it settles it pops into 10 Needler bullets which stick to land and tanks.

Care Package
    28/34/38/44/50
    Shoot a small red sizzling signal shot and moments later a big Tricky Box looking weapon comes down from the sky doing damage. After it explodes 5 item crates fall out of the sky in random locations.

Charlotte and Staple like this.
  9. wazooman

wazooman Brigadier General (21) Member

Dead Flower

damage: 25 per petal 5 more damage on level up

looks just like flower, except its translucent, and does no damage to the terrain.

Charlotte likes this.
  10. Staple

Launcher

Shoots 4 projectiles in the spread of Chicken-Fling, but with a larger spread, and 2 projectiles are Massive Shot radius, and the other 2 are Heavy Shots projectiles . Same damage, meaning a level 2 Massive Shot shot from Launcher would have the same damage as a normal level 2 Massive Shot, and so on.

Charlotte likes this.
  11. wazooman

Tornado

Damage: 60

IT roles along the ground just like a roller, but does more damage, and looks like a tornado.

Hurricane

Damage: 10 each time 1 tornado hits

1st you fire a red smoke grenade *Like air strike* and a hurricane drops 3 tornadoes down, and the tornadoes move back, and forth, back and forth, for like 3 times a tornado. Then they fade away. they dont explode, they just do damage.

A little over kill though, I wouldn't like to be thrown somewere random, my self.

Magic carpet

damage 80

Blast radius of a massive shot, and is not affected by gravity, and looks like a red carpet, that flies. (Duh)

frog

damage: 35

Like a skipper, but dosent go underground, and hopps for about 5 times. hopps a distance of 1 tank, and a half. and looks like a frog

drake28034, Charlotte and Staple like this.
  12. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

big tank
    a weapon like mini tank but with more radius explosion and does a bit more damage

13. trazzer101

trazzer101 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Dog
    Exactly like Cat

SuperDog
    Exactly like SuperCat

Puppys
    Exactly like kittens

14. Staple

Helix
    Shoots a Creek and a Blaze in a Helix formation (Ever seen a DNA strand?)
    Creek in Helix (Close Range) - 1/1/2/2/3 (Medium Range) - 2/2/3/3/4 - (Far Range) - 3/3/4/4/5
    Blaze in Helix* 1/1/1/2/2

*It burns 3 times, meaning per Blaze particle in Helix, is does that one damage three times. So, if a level three particle from Blaze, in Helix, hits an enemy, that one particle does 3 damage.

drake28034 and KanibalFrost like this.
  15. trazzer101

Tsunami
    Damage:40,50,60,70,80
    where it hit summons water about 5 tanks away from target and moves towards until it hits a tank

16. Commander1300

Commander1300 Private E-2 (3) Member

Name: Incenerater
    Damage: 25 damage on inpact, 5 damage every second for 3 seconds
    How it looks: A nice, red ball the size of a massive shot
    Details: This weapon would be awsome for stackin game, after you successfully hit the target, 3 seconds of little flames pop out, seering you into the ground for 3 seconds.

Name: Bacon
    Damage: 33 per bacon (6 bacon)
    How it looks: little pieces of bacon
    Details: this works like Mac and cheese but has horrible accuracy.

Staple likes this.
  17. wazooman

Agreed, back on topic.

Theif

Damage: 10

Takes a random wepon from the target shot. If you miss, nothing special happens.

Looks like a black circle, that leaves junk behind it. Or something

drake28034 likes this.
  18. trazzer101

Storm
    Rain:2 each Lightning:36 hail 6 each

Summons rain,ligtning,and hail

19. wazooman

That COULD happen, but how would it be posssible? Anyway I thought of a better wep

Recycle

Re-use your last wep before recycle, so if you shot artilery, then used recycle, you would shoot artilery again.

drake28034 likes this.
  20. ceroncar000

skittles
    10 skittles with diffrent colors
    damage:10 damage by one kittle

mustangcody likes this.
  21. mustangcody

mustangcody First Sergeant (11) Member

Skittles Strike.
    Damage: 10
    Looks: like colorful skittles.
    Details: like 3 skittles as it falls it each one splits into 8 = 24 skittles, each doing 10 each.
    Almost like a cactus strike.

22. Mprak

Mprak New Born (1) Member

Name: Backhoe
    Damage: 15 on impact, within radius equal to Big Shot
    How it looks: like a backhoe :p
    Details: creates a pit with vertical walls, height equal to four tanks, and a width equal to two tanks

Any weapon that punishes players who don't go above 45 degrees is a good weapon, in my absurdly biased opinion.

23. ceroncar000

storm
    damage:max 100 per 1 tank
    how it looks:lightning and rain
    details:5 damage per each rain drop and 50 for the lightning

24. trazzer101

leaves
    damage 5,7,9,11,13
    shoots 6 leaves at the enemy

Staple likes this.
  25. Mark103

Mark103 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Explosive Crossbow
    Direct Hit: 50/75/100/125/150
    Explosive damage if not direct hit: 31/42/53/64/75
    Damage caused by flame pellets: 1/1/2/2/3
    Shoots an arrrow set on fire that also drops a few flame pellets in mid-air. When it hits the ground or a tank, it stays there for about 2 seconds (no bouncing) then explodes with a hoverball-sized explosion.

Staple likes this.