1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migraman, Mar 6, 2016.

1. migraman

migraman New Born (1) Member

Good morning/afternoon/night

I've bought the game on steam yesterday and it's awesome. While I was playing, I had some ideas to add in the game. Please share your opinion about them.

1)New game mode "Score or Respawn mode"

In this game mode, the host of the room can set the number of turns till the end (30 turns, for example). The match would work like a normal Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch, but when a player dies he/she can return(respawn) to the arena after some tuns (2, for example) in a random place or a place selected by him/her. The team that killed the player gets one point. The team with a higher score in the end of the selected turns win.

2) Random map location
    In a lot of maps in deathmatch players from the same team appear too close to each other, and the terrain difficult movimentation. An option for random spawn would be cool. The host of the room can choose if the spawn will be random or in the normal places of the map.

3) Loadout and weapon points
    It's an idea for balance of firepower. At the moment, we can only play matches with random weapons. What about an option to choose weapons ? To keep the game balanced, players will have 1000 (less or more, depending on the room) points in a loadout, and have to choose weapons to fill these points. Something similar to the XCOM:EU multiplayer.

Example: (each level of the weapons can cost different amount of points)

Powerful weapons (cost high points): Air strike (level 1) 200 points, Sniper(level 1) 180 points...
    Medium power weapons: Flower(level 1) 120 points, Earthquake (level 1) 130 points, Flame (level 1) 110 points, Grenade 110 points
    Weak weapons: Shot (level 1): 20 points, Roller and Back-Roller 60 points

You can select the weapons available to you as you wish, but only till it reaches the maximum points of loadout.
    I'm not good to select the real points for each weapon, but I'm sure the developers will handle this with no problems and will balance the game accordingly. =)

Thank you for taking your time reading my ideas. Please tell me what you think of them and feel free to add more.

Happyfirecat4 likes this.
  2. Happyfirecat4

Happyfirecat4 New Born (1) Member

I can tell you put a lot of work into these. I hope you can contribute more in the future.

Gamemode is interesting, I like how you don't have to wait after you die for the match to end. I would actually have to play it in game before I could give an accurate opinion on it, though.

I thought I've played games where the enemy team and your team are mixed up with eachother before, but if your not able to control this I completely agree.

I think the loadout idea is pretty good, I have had similar thoughts myself, because once you get most of the weapons in the game it can be a challenge to level them up. Of course though, it would have to bring down the EXP multiplier because of this, but I still think it would be a cool addition.

I'm not good at criticism, sorry. :p

migraman likes this.
  3. migraman

Thank you for taking your time to check my ideas. =)

Happyfirecat4 likes this.
  4. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Let me have my go at criticism here.

The new game mode idea is a pretty good combination of deathmatch and points. I'd like to see some sort of respawn added to the game so that a lot of my game mode suggestionts could be added. It all goes down to if Kyle wants to go an extra mile and add new features like respawn, rather than take some pre-existing targets and put them into a game mode. I feel if respawn would be added, this is a probable first game mode that would utilize it. It's simple to its core, but would be fun.

The spawn is another thing that should probably be able to controlled. The only thing about this is that if spawn was controlled, some people would abuse this, especially with stacking games. I can see this being added, maybe as a mod, if you can pick your spawn the XP would go down. If you have random spawn, it would slightly go up. With this, there is also really no reason why custom maps have yet to be implemented.

As for the weapon system. I like it overall, I do think this game needs alternate weapon systems other than the "RNG" style it has now. While the way it chooses weapons is certainly the fastest way, it's completely luck based. I think the system you proposed is pretty good. The game host could set a point limit for the amount you can spend. The only thing from there though is how would OP weapons be administered, once the most OP weapon is found, people could just select that weapon to use all of their points. Unless you were only allowed one duplicate or something. Or would the weapons you select be part of a randomly selected weapon pool? Overall it's a lot of work that I don't see Kyle doing, would I like it? Of course.
    I'd love to see various ways of receiving weapons, whether it be this class setup or the Pocket Tanks method, it would definitely reduce lucky wins in the game. The one you proposed would also allow people to use weapons they dont have maxed out yet, which I support.

The ideas are good, I definitely would like to see these, it would give the game diversity that it needs for sure

Happyfirecat4 and migraman like this.
  5. migraman

Thank you for taking your time checking my ideas, Goomba. For the weapon system, the OP weapons would cost a lot of points. So if a player decides to use a really OP weapon, he/she would have to choose between get a lot less weapons and the OP one, or get a good quantity of varied weapons.

Example:
    Really OP weapon - 450 points.
    If you get 2 wepons like that (2 nukes for example) you will reach 900 points and will only remain 100 points to pick other weapons.

If you get 2 flowers( 2 x 120 points), 2 shots (2 x 20 points), 1 grenade (110 points), 1 airstrike (200 points), you will spend 590 points (410 points remaining to pick other weapons) and will have weapons to handle different situations.