1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Spectating, or room waiting.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Matthew0275, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Matthew0275

Matthew0275 New Born (1) Member

There have been many times where I see people in the lobby waiting for a game to open up, or a game with slots open waiting for people to join. I was wondering if it is possible to create a option to allow people in the game to let others join a room while they are playing, so that when the match is over there will be more people ready to play?

Along those lines, would it be possible to join a room as a spectator and watch a game while other's play? That could allow the same sort of function with letting who ever is in charge of the room know that more players woud like to join.

2. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Someone suggested that already... I dont remember who... and i totally support it ;)

3. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This could be unfamothomably helpful in helping people find games and getting 8 player games going! It lets the people playing know that strangers want in their games!

4. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Here's the other side to this: What if players enjoy watching games more than playing them? Then, the bonus of users you have implied would be there would just be watching, while never actually playing. That would lower the amount of people playing for sure.

5. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

i cant tell if youre serious or not

Batgirl, jgalloway64 and deadchildren like this.
  6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Why would people even bother buying the game if they enjoy watching more when they could watch broadcasts anytime.

7. Piroutcha

Piroutcha Private E-1 (2) Member

o_O has it ever occurred to anyone that they could just start a game?

8. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Maybe they bought the game, liked it for a bit, and got bored when the grinding was too much. That's one scenario.
    That is the problem. On Steam, there are hardly enough people ever on for a lot of games. Even worse, people still want the 8 player games when, normally, there is a user cap of high 20s to low 30s. That's the problem.

9. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Without this feature and unless one of them is your friend, good luck trying to get into that one and only game that is in progress. You could of course start your own game so you can wait for nobody. You can start a game, but I think spectating could be a better but admittedly slightly annoying way (In that you might get unwanted players in your lobby) of communicating to people that you want to get in their game. In case I wasn't clear the first time, this mechanic could help get rid of the 1v1 plague and lead to bigger games being more common. Plus you can watch their game while you wait! Maybe let the spectators chat too, although I forsee annoyances in that as well. You could do something else on your phone or whatever while waiting for someone to join your game, but if you need to do that, then there's a bit of a problem.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    JohannZim likes this.
  10. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

sorry if you already said that with the post (i maybe missunderstood cause i don't speak well english) but it would be nice if you could see the lobby with a small icon that takes 1/4 of the screen.
    infact sometimes there are 2 guys that makes and idenctical death match 600 hp games but in 2 different game rooms and if those guys could see the lobby they would know it and play togther.
    i don't create my own games usually mostly beacause i prefer to stay in lobby and ask to some people cause you can't do it in game rooms

11. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

It would be good for monitoring tournaments and stuff. I dont see a problem really.