1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

"Stacking" For Weapon EXP

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by kibbles, Mar 1, 2016.

1. kibbles

kibbles Private E-2 (3) Member

most people don't know how it works. i've been in some matches before where people stack up in one spot and think it will gives them max exp. i tell them it does not work like that. they get mad and start bashing me.

me personally, i don't think these matches for weapon exp is bad or wrong. it's just a way some people play. the problem is that people don't know how to do it.

when the blast radius from a weapon hits tanks, you only get exp equivalent to the blast hitting one tank. the exp wil NOT stack when there are multiple tanks in the blast radius. your damage and points will stack. your exp will not. if you are using a weapon with multiple projectiles, each projectile will have its own blast radius. if you are stacking, you may as well be doing it in pairs of two. don't waste time bringing eight players. that's a wasted lobby. weapons like all of the air strikes, all of the area attacks, all weapons will widespread projectiles. they all go to waste. those are the weapons that have potential to bring in the most weapon exp.

if you have eight players and you line up side by side with almost no gap between tanks, then you will maximize your weapon exp gain. you will be hitting yourself less often too. you do not stack. you rub track.

2. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

These games are stupid, people will start getting bored of the game a lot easier and quicker doing this kind of thing.
    I mean I am annoyed already with the 4 wep xp decreases because I can't continue to level weps cause they were maxed.

Taylor, RumMumMario and GooodHerb like this.
  3. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Please dude... dont teach people how to cheat. Just encourage them to play normal.

Oehler, Mr Synikal, Taylor and 2 others like this.
  4. kibbles

it's not cheating though. it's pretty much exploiting it (which means to make full use of it). it's another reason to admire the diversity of play styles in this game. they are still playing the game and still working for the exp. the only difference i see is that this is a way to get guaranteed hits.

5. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

but they don't more xp though so why do it

Taylor likes this.
  6. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I have a friend that finds it funny to join these noob matches just to collect their skill points while they falsely believe they are leveling weapons faster. lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Holy2334 likes this.
  7. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

[​IMG]
    The only time stacking works is when you have saw blade, division, or laser as those are the only known weapons that ignore stacking rules. That means the other 95% of the weapons don't help you much at all so please just play regularly and get your xp that way.

JohannZim and Happyfirecat4 like this.
  8. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

If you really want to go into dictionary definitions

"make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand"

And you would be going for this definition as the gameplay/game state would be considered a situation, not a resource

JohannZim, xXTacocubesXx and Taylor like this.
  9. kibbles

when lined up side by side, it's a guaranteed way to get your shots to hit. when you use widespread attacks like grand finale, helicopter, ect. those widespread attacks can get maximum hits when tanks are lined up.

thanks for making my point a little bit more clear. i was not sure of any weapons that worked when stacked. all the same though, it's most efficient when lined up side by side.

10. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

Why would you ever want to pay for a game just to sit in a game and skip all the fun of actually playing the game and unlocking levels, weapons, upgrades, cosmetics, etc.? Honestly, I'm not trying to bash on your post, but when I clicked on this discussion I was expecting something around the grounds of encouraging people to just play the game rather than getting past the system, not to tell them how to get past it better. All I'm trying to say is appricate the game and not to just skip through the steps of leveling up the right way. You'll get much more enjoyment out of the game. Kappa out!

Taylor, xXTacocubesXx and Black Widow like this.
  11. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

If you REALLY want to level weapon faster, play Juggernaut with cooperative people. The juggernaut, and everyone else, only shoot unleveled weapons. Maxed weapons are shot out. At max HP, this can be effective, especially if the juggernaut is a high level and the other players are lower. Simple 600HP DM can work too with the same principles.

12. kibbles

it's not really like that. if you read the thread i made earlier you would know i'm not really the kind of player to just play the game for the sake of taking shortcuts. i believe that what players call "stack" games are more a way of mutual benefit between fellow players. if you ever see a full 8 player game with the tanks lined up side by side how i described, it's beautiful. nothing short of progress. maybe players level their desired weapon and can use it in combat now. for me the fun is in progressing as well as playing.

sounds fairly similar. the problem though is that players will eventually die since the juggernaut is shooting back, or the juggernaut may die. also the juggernaut is just one target. that won't do well for the widespread weapons i was talking about.

13. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member