1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Steam Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by RumMumMario, Jul 11, 2015.

1. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

(Sorry if you expected me doing an actual giveaway ;p)

@kChamp BEEP BEEP MUST READ

There definitely has to be some kind of a giveaway, say, 1000 - 2000 Steam key giveaway on Steam Companion or host the giveaway service on his website. A couple thousand may sound a lot, but it really isn't and devs who're having trouble getting the community larger often do this. If not, then 95% off or something is cool too.

Another way is to give one free gift copy per purchase for a month or two. In other words, buy one get one free.

On the other hand, creating trading cards may possibly increase the number of buyers as many people take that into considerations as well.

The game really needs larger community as soon as possible, especially because the game is multiplayer. The game has way too small numbers of players and even the ones who actually like the game do not get the chance to play so.

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  2. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

A big influx of members would help though since noobs will have noobs to play with instead of having to play with us experienced folk.

Maybe also having a double xp event as well will definitely bring the people who have the game already back as well.

The only thing though is that the give away would hopefully give people who dont have it later on the incentive to buy the game because of its activity and make up the cost of giving away 1000 copies.

Taylor, xXTacocubesXx and RumMumMario like this.
  3. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

lool...well i just started on steam and so far i've only seen you experienced folk setting the level limits...so even that's out the window for a good chunk of time

4. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

There are plenty of options including the ones you guys said:
    - Giveaway (Get put into a drawing if you follow the game)
    - Sale
    - Gift Copy Drawing (Every 15 games you win puts you in a drawing)
    - Steam Trading Cards [Shot, Basic Tank, Final Boss, Nuke, Gear, Upgraded Tank] and I'm sure you could go with many more.
    - Frenzy Weekend ( Chances x2 XP for everyone for an entire weekend, and x3 as many gears while playing)
    - In-game Sale (Reduced prices for all items in shop)
    - Referral System (Every friend you refer to the game gives you bonuses, 1 friend = 50 gear bonus)
    - Holiday Events (Sales, special gameplay, and giveaways)
    - Dev Interaction (Not just kChamp in game chat lobby for 10 minutes)
    and overall, more content.

Taylor, Holy2334 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  5. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Makes sense.

Also, we surely can come up with many trading card types but it's rather efficient to keep it at a decent amount below 10. If there are too many each card will be worth less and would be a pain in the butt to collect all those. 5 cards is the best if you ask me.

6. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I think nothing free or any kinda trial will bring in new people just a better game.